What Kind of Liquor Ya'll Drink

Whiskey
Gin
Rum
Vodka
Tequila
Brandy
Other

Author Topic: [NA] Sparvico  (Read 54699 times)

Offline Kadeth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 845
  • Infamy: 81
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: kadeth
Re: [NA] Sparvico
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2016, 02:18:43 am »
+5
literally the best adman
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline HappyPhantom

• Earl
  • Renown: 440
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew pew, your face!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul, Always Take the Shot.
  • Game nicks: HappyPhantom, Marys of the Sea, Ancient of Mu Mu.
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2016, 01:48:58 am »
+4
literally the best adman

Fuck you, oh wait..
"Darklands" - The greatest game you never played: now on Steam http://store.steampowered.com/app/327930 | http://www.darklands.net/index.shtml

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2016, 04:05:35 am »
+1
literally the best adman

i have ads disabled tho

will he be invis?

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Sparvico

• Marshall
  • Renown: 976
  • Infamy: 174
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Steam ID: Sparvico
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mossbacks
  • Game nicks: Sparvico et al.
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2016, 04:50:27 am »
+3
Mossback_Westwood: "I swear 2 my semitic God if you give me this bundle of sticks's address I'll cut off his ear and eat it"

Offline Kadeth

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2016, 01:23:12 pm »
Fuck you, oh wait..

aboose

will he be invis?

yea I guess he will be, we will never see him again

(click to show/hide)

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2016, 02:44:31 pm »
(click to show/hide)

I know these threads are not used a lot for anything other than complaints or small talk, but I'm interested to ask you a serious admin question because you seem like a fine gentleman and is new enough to not be fossilized about how to deal with the community.

(click to show/hide)

I put on bold the significant parts.
Dont you think there should be a ban cap per severity of offense, like in real life? My biggest issue with how bans are handled cRPG-wide is often because of the silliness of the ban times some "known individuals" get without taking into account anything else than ban history.
Of course we arent police, we dont do detective work on why does people did this or that, so ban history is a useful tool, but my opinion is that except permaban worthy stuff, all or at least some ban durations should be capped so that even when a dude got 15 bans already, if he makes one wrong move he doesnt get off for months at a time at the silliest thing.

Simply because when a ban looks retarded it sometimes is, and some "known individuals" are still beneficial to the community in terms of activity. There is also the odd case of people actually changing their ways, but since their history doesnt let up, as soon as they slip they get a huge one, and thats shit for karma.

Also I wonder how would you deal with individuals getting, for example, only "major infractions" (in your book), amouting to say 30 days ban and double for the next one; if that person does a minor infraction next, its accounted separately to all the major infractions he made?

Offline Porthos

• Marshall
  • Renown: 779
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • The February Patch Survivor
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hello Kitty Clan (aka 'Clan For Fun')
  • Game nicks: Porthos_Woodstock, InvasionOfGiganticLANDCRABS, Random_Nobody, cRPG_Addict and many more
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2016, 03:00:59 pm »
Butan, lets go play minecraft, buddy. Just let it die.
<=== thanks to Tiny_Glancer <3 (never click on that image)
I'm not sure if ships are ingame
You Can't Kill Me

Offline Sparvico

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2016, 08:38:31 am »
+2
(click to show/hide)

I know these threads are not used a lot for anything other than complaints or small talk, but I'm interested to ask you a serious admin question because you seem like a fine gentleman and is new enough to not be fossilized about how to deal with the community.

I put on bold the significant parts.
Dont you think there should be a ban cap per severity of offense, like in real life? My biggest issue with how bans are handled cRPG-wide is often because of the silliness of the ban times some "known individuals" get without taking into account anything else than ban history.
Of course we arent police, we dont do detective work on why does people did this or that, so ban history is a useful tool, but my opinion is that except permaban worthy stuff, all or at least some ban durations should be capped so that even when a dude got 15 bans already, if he makes one wrong move he doesnt get off for months at a time at the silliest thing.

Simply because when a ban looks retarded it sometimes is, and some "known individuals" are still beneficial to the community in terms of activity. There is also the odd case of people actually changing their ways, but since their history doesnt let up, as soon as they slip they get a huge one, and thats shit for karma.

Also I wonder how would you deal with individuals getting, for example, only "major infractions" (in your book), amouting to say 30 days ban and double for the next one; if that person does a minor infraction next, its accounted separately to all the major infractions he made?

Sorry meant to reply to this sooner but got busy working this weekend.

There are a couple of stipulations that are not listed there for various reasons. The biggest one is that infractions that occurred over one calendar year ago have no bearing on the offense number a person would be on. Additionally repeated offenses only increase the severity of the ban time if the specific infraction is in fact the same as the previous one. i.e. a warning for the minor infraction of leeching becomes a 24 hour ban for the second infraction of leeching, but not if the second infraction is delaying. This of course has a limit, once 4 infractions within a category are reached the ban time doubles based on the longest ban time for an infraction in whatever category is relevant.

Even so if we do the math we see that for minor infractions we get
1st: warning
2nd: 1 day
3rd: 2 days
4th: 4 days
5th: 8 days
6th: 16 days
7th: 32 days
Which mean only extreme cases of repeated offenses would get more than a week ban time.

For major infractions it is slightly less lenient, as major infractions are the kind that directly prevent someone else from playing the game in the normal fashion. Such that: 
1st: 1 day
2nd: 2 days
3rd: 4 days
4th: 8 days
5th: 16 days
6th: 32 days
That essentially means that a person has to commit 4 of the exact same offense before even a week of ban time is handed down.

In addition to this there is the fact that, unless there is significant harm being done to the team as a whole, we generally only ban people when someone makes a specific complaint to us in a situation.

ALSO: Chat abuse, in my opinion, is when one player verbally (textually) abuses another individual in the server. In order for it to be abuse it has to be targeted and malicious. Even then there are many options with which one can avoid seeing such stuff, and so the bans for that would probably be even less severe than what is listed in the OP. That said I will be muting anyone that types the big no-no slurs in the server, and if the mute is evaded and the slurs continue a ban will be handed down. However I've honestly never seen it be an issue so long as the situation is handled properly.
Mossback_Westwood: "I swear 2 my semitic God if you give me this bundle of sticks's address I'll cut off his ear and eat it"

Offline Kadeth

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2016, 12:00:56 pm »
+6
let's face it sparvi u woulnd't ban me no matter how many times i called u a cheese burger eating school shooting yank ur just another shitmin get REKT

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2016, 12:54:32 pm »
+1
Thx for your answer, another precision:

The biggest one is that infractions that occurred over one calendar year ago have no bearing on the offense number a person would be on.

So if someone within a year does 100 minor infractions of the same category (for the sake of argument), it will keep doubling with no possible maximum?  :P  You stop at 32 days in both minor/major examples, maybe it could be that maximum duration.
Whatever is your opinion, your system seems solid, good luck in your endeavour  :mrgreen:

Offline Tagora

• Duke
  • Renown: 522
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player
  • there's bollocks in yr tea
    • View Profile
    • ClickCLICKclickCLICKCLICKCLICK
  • Faction: Dubliners
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2016, 07:36:14 pm »
+4

http://steamcommunity.com/id/tagora/

c h e l s e a  b o y s

Offline Tristan_of_Erzoth

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 1000
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
  • Game nicks: Tristan_of_Erzoth, Sorcerer_Tholamin, Big_Dick_McCallister
  • IRC nick: wtf is an IRC
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2016, 07:46:01 pm »
let's face it sparvi u woulnd't ban me no matter how many times i called u a cheese burger eating school shooting yank ur just another shitmin get REKT
admins are only allowed to ban kadeth if they can beat him in a ft7

http://steamcommunity.com/id/evilmagic/

Offline Jambi

• Earl
  • Renown: 410
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Walks with God.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jambi
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2016, 08:33:15 pm »
+4

(click to show/hide)
Love will tear us apart.
Also, most fucked up brain of the year award goes to jambi. Well done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX9Cpuj4igk

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2016, 08:36:56 pm »
(click to show/hide)

pro click zone

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Sparvico

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2016, 08:46:13 pm »
+1

(click to show/hide)

I need to get this for my churches nursery. Gatdayum.