Author Topic: Pandor's repentance.  (Read 45041 times)

Offline Yeldur

• Global Head Retard
  • Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 189
  • cRPG Player
  • Trained by Nord BlueKnight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen, Burg Krems, Acre
  • Game nicks: ladoea, Yeldur
Re: Pandor's repentance.
« Reply #165 on: March 18, 2016, 07:02:28 pm »
I wasn't aware shit talking about one country makes someone racist.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

There's a difference between shit talking and creating a stereotype because they are Russian.

he,  the god admin.  drink the tea, not ascared to  fight in th  batefield,

Offline BlueKnight

• Marshall
  • Renown: 983
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • If you run, you will only die tired...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
« Reply #166 on: March 18, 2016, 07:04:48 pm »
+5
Sorry Karasu, I'm not sure how to multiquote :x

You need a forum training ^^

I prefer to open another tab in the browser so that I have 1 for writing and 1 for getting quotes or other forum stuff in the background, in another tab just quote someone, copy the quotation and paste in the first tab where you want to write your message, close other tab when not necessary anymore. Tried to keep it short, may be confusing, whatever...

Like workplace-tab and provider-tab
« Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 07:16:04 pm by BlueKnight »

Skyrim UI

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Grandmaster Ultimate God Of Swashbucklin'
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bridgeburners
  • Game nicks: Bobthehero_Whals and I am totally not all the Not_Bobthehero alts ever.
  • IRC nick: Buff Swashbuckling
« Reply #167 on: March 18, 2016, 07:14:50 pm »
There's a difference between shit talking and creating a stereotype because they are Russian.

No matter how you twist things, race =/= the country you live in, or half the forum should be banned/warned for being racist to Americans.
The Narwhals, dedicated swashbuckler part of FCC

Stabbing is my speciality and one hitting people, my art

Offline Jambi

• Earl
  • Renown: 410
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Walks with God.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jambi
« Reply #168 on: March 18, 2016, 07:16:43 pm »
+3
You're a drama queen and your opinions are unpopular because they're shit, not because you're the only one brave enough to stand up against the system.

If you want overwhelming support from the community to topple this decision, you wont get it.

If you want other admins to overrule this decision, they wont. We were getting to the point where in the absence of a global admin doing something, individual NA and EU admins in combination with forum moderator were willing to take separate action to individually remove Pandor's post and ban him from each region. The admins seem pretty united over this.

And if you go over their heads and wake up a head admin or a donkey, you may not like the outcome considering their historic zero tolerance to modding the game for your own personal advantage (when they're active enough to actually notice it and take any form of action).

Admins are taking action NOW on an instance they could no longer ignore. They cant go back in time and ban mercs for doing similar in a video 3 years ago, no matter how many entitled tears you cry. The people involved in that video 3 years ago should be grateful that either the admin team at the time didn't give a shit, or that the people in that video weren't total assholes about it like Pandor who made it impossible for admins to not make a hard ruling. The current decision that happened NOW was not done without warning, it didn't come out of nowhere, and as stated you're just trying to stir shit up in a black & white case of cheating by going totally offtopic and acting like it's racist to ban someone for cheating if they're Russian.

Im going to repeat it one more time for you Heskey. If i were truly against the "system" as a whole or however in black and white you mean it, i would have pushed for an unban but i didnt, and nor did i ask for other admins to overrule any decision made on Pandor. I have expressed my concerns and questioned the system on how they handled this, and made examples of why i dont agree with the choice they made and especially how they handled it.
The point im trying to make is going completely over your head.
If by now you still dont understand what i am trying to convey and the form of rhetoric i'm using, you might as well just stop Heskey. I dont feel like going over my posts with you, and pointing out what is figurative speech to push foward a notion and what should be taken literally, you're not a child anymore i take it.
Thanks for trying tho

You're a drama queen and your opinions are unpopular because they're shit

Actually. this is exactly how a most young children would sound in a discussion when they run out of dialog. I take back my words.
Whats next, you want me to reply with a "No you're wrong, your opinions are shit... you're a *blank*. Sorry man im well past kindergarten bickering.

Were done here Heskey.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 08:57:04 pm by Jambi »
Love will tear us apart.
Also, most fucked up brain of the year award goes to jambi. Well done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX9Cpuj4igk

Offline Yeldur

• Global Head Retard
  • Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 18, 2016, 08:25:31 pm »
+1
You need a forum training ^^

I prefer to open another tab in the browser so that I have 1 for writing and 1 for getting quotes or other forum stuff in the background, in another tab just quote someone, copy the quotation and paste in the first tab where you want to write your message, close other tab when not necessary anymore. Tried to keep it short, may be confusing, whatever...

Like workplace-tab and provider-tab
Hahaha, dw BK I understand :p

No matter how you twist things, race =/= the country you live in, or half the forum should be banned/warned for being racist to Americans.
Oh believe me I'm well aware that many many people are racist as fuck on the forums and in game. The irony is hilarious. I honestly don't give a shit about people being racist, if they can't handle it then they shouldn't be on the Internet at all lmao, Internet has been a shithole for many years and nothing is going to improve it.

(WOWEE GUYS LOOK I DID IT I'M LEARNDING)

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2018
  • Infamy: 152
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 18, 2016, 09:29:59 pm »
+6
You're a drama queen and your opinions are unpopular because they're shit, not because you're the only one brave enough to stand up against the system.

It all boils down to people community is made of. In early days of cRPG when forums were full of Mercs, Jambis opinion was more valuable than it is now. Currently this forum and probably game is filled with Krems, so it is expected that opinions that deviate from what Krems like folk think to be considered as shitty.

We're all Krems at heart. There's a little Krems inside of every cRPG player that dares to have fun playing this videogame mod.

Unfortunately that is correct. It pains me to admit it, but everyone who ever played this mod has a bit of Krems in himself.

Offline Casul

• King
  • Renown: 1010
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • I like animals
    • View Profile
  • Faction: plate goons club, Krems
  • Game nicks: Cassi, Antarctica
  • IRC nick: Cassi
« Reply #171 on: March 18, 2016, 11:16:45 pm »
+3
It pains me to admit it, but everyone who ever played this mod has a bit of Krems in himself.

Esp those who ever joined us righto Leshmo?  8-)
(we miss you) at least me
Maybe if Coronoa virus gets rid of 50 percent or more of the world population we can do without a pope and religion.

Offline Nebun

• Duke
  • Renown: 532
  • Infamy: 162
  • - BAD BECAUSE RUSSIAN -
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 18, 2016, 11:42:26 pm »
+8
It all boils down to people community is made of. In early days of cRPG when forums were full of Mercs, Jambis opinion was more valuable than it is now. Currently this forum and probably game is filled with Krems, so it is expected that opinions that deviate from what Krems like folk think to be considered as shitty.

Unfortunately that is correct. It pains me to admit it, but everyone who ever played this mod has a bit of Krems in himself.

I've seen one of the krems bite Pandor and he become retard :( So really who's fault is it? :D
when UIF looks at you

Offline Harpag

• Marshall
  • Renown: 914
  • Infamy: 263
  • jebać merców
    • View Profile
  • Faction: UIF
  • Game nicks: Harpag_the_Grey
« Reply #173 on: March 19, 2016, 12:45:39 am »
+1
It pains me to admit it, but everyone who ever played this mod has a bit of Krems in himself.

I'm sorry  :oops:

Offline Uther Pendragon

• King
  • Renown: 1253
  • Infamy: 133
  • EX Head of EU and NA admin teams
    • View Profile
    • Strategus Guide
  • Faction: Stromgarde
  • Game nicks: Uthyr Pendraeg, Uthyr, mr fucking dtv hero admin, Stromgarde_Uthyr_Pendraeg
  • IRC nick: Something along those lines above
« Reply #174 on: March 19, 2016, 01:36:43 am »
+12
(click to show/hide)

What's holding me back is that, as far as I am aware, no Merc has openly shared those files on the forum, AFTER being openly shat on by people for using it, and while sharing he INVITED people to use them. This is as simple as it gets - you invite people to break the rules and give them the tools to do so, you get the short end of the stick. Besides, I can't really comment on that - I only started watching forums closely since what, 2013? And I'm an admin since 2014 - Pandor is the first case of this type that I know of.

And I agree, it's a bit shitty to point out someones nationality as part of the reason for their behaviour - while the russian cheater stereotype exists for a reason, we DON'T assume automatically that russian = cheater, Pandor was treated as a common player who shared a cheat and was seen using it - and the SHARING PART was the incriminating part. Using it was just icing on the cake, fitting, but not most important. The ban on him is a temporary measure - we're discussing what his fate should be, and trust me, admins aren't a hive mind and people are voicing different opinions, which will take effect in a couple of days.
And regarding the racism and bigotry - if it's in the game, standard Mute should work, if on forums and is continuted behaviour, the used could/should be reported/warned. Casual racism isn't fine, and can sometimes be passed as banter. At the same time, I don't think that Pandor being russian is the only reason people are against him. Correlation doesn't imply causation))

(click to show/hide)

I would use a different analogy, (at least in my opinion it's more correct) - if a guy plays Paintball, and fixes his gun with a different crosshair, for different look (native arrows), that's ok. But if he adds a laser pointer (cucumber arrows), it's a bit over the top. But USING the stuff is a completely different thing than SHARING it - and I repeat, it's his MAIN charge. The same way you can get charged and put in jail for sharing a torrent, but downloading it is in that grey area of "not really enforced unless extreme cases"

Not all admins are in favour of the ban, and I'm sure some have changed their opinions over time and as dicussion continued.

His attitude wasn't the main reason for the ban, the sharing of the cheat was. However, his attitude didn't help him :o

(click to show/hide)

Of all the rules, I have to admit the one about shittalking is the most "subjective" and depends on the admin reacting to it. Generally, we're very strict on chocolate chip cookie references due to german laws and servers being in Germany, for obvious reasons, somewhat strict about racism (isn't as horribly present in EU as it is in NA, less controversy as well), BUT - regarding shitting on someone due to their nationality, it's mixed. Usual approach is that if people are talking and throwing "jokes" between eachother, it's not something we have to intervene in - why would you reply to their insults with insults, unless you'd enjoy the flame war? Just mute them, or report them to an admin. However, if someone doesn't reply and the insulting person doesn't stop, we take action if it's going over the line.

On forums, I have no idea how moderators work because I'm not a moderator. Panos gets muted every couple days for anti-turk stuff and other flaming he does in his spare time from begging on the streets, but joking about other nationalities isn't as harshly moderated because, I guess... it carries less of a controversy? Honestly russians just aren't reporting the insults thrown against them. I generally don't ban for insulting in-game, unless it's crazy spam or going for a long time, but we don't discriminate - muting is used whenever a person feels that it's TOO MUCH and the insulter doesn't stop after a warning, or being muted by the individual player.

But I agree, insulting Pandor and other Druzhina members because they're eastern slavs (not just russians, polan strok) is dumb. It leads to nothing and arguing that someone has a specific trait (like being a cheater) because of their nationality is just stupid, sorry.

(click to show/hide)
NA admins act in mysterious ways, I don't try to understand them - also, I wasn't even an admin back then, unrelated case to this thing - again, Pandor shared his cheat and got temporarily banned for sharing his cheat.

(click to show/hide)

Exactly, Pandor was banned to balance the Bjordban)) Also we plan to unban DKG_Wilhelm to bring back the german war machine for the Strat 6 End Times.

Well common sense tells me that admin that played against us on siege of Tibaut was doing something wrong using show names cheat way too often while playing XBow. Was he using it to find leechers on strategus battle or targets for his crossbow?
Some admins are good, others do what they want.

I can assure you that show names cheat is extremely inaccurate, and you would still need to be in spectator mode to make the most use of it - names that are miles away show the same way as names of people close to you, zero perspective is useless for finding targets, but good for spotting leechers that are far from their group.

Im going to repeat it one more time for you Heskey. If i were truly against the "system" as a whole or however in black and white you mean it, i would have pushed for an unban but i didnt, and nor did i ask for other admins to overrule any decision made on Pandor. I have expressed my concerns and questioned the system on how they handled this, and made examples of why i dont agree with the choice they made and especially how they handled it.

You're not the only one who has concerns regarding how it was handled;
TL;DR here regarding last quote and the point of my stupid wall of text:

Pandor was banned NOT by an EU admin, NOT by an NA admin. He was banned by Dupre, who counts as a global admin, as a TEMPORARY measure, untill the active admins from both regions decide his fate in an on-going discussion, which ends in a few days.
Pandor was banned for SHARING CHEATS, specifically that.
His ban, at the moment, is not permanent. More information will be released in a couple days.
Was he banned for using the cheats? No. Did it influence the decision regarding his ban? No.
Is it completely alright to mod your textures? Without any control in place, the only thing that controls it is players morality :wink:
Can we, at this moment, somehow control what files do players use? No. Therefore, unless that last thing changes, we just won't bother ourselves with claims that someone uses a cheat.
BUT IF YOU SHARE THE CHEAT ON THE GAME FORUM AND INVITE EVERYONE TO USE IT, there's hardly any defence left for you, you admit to doing a thing that is, by common sense, wrong - you share a game exploit. And pleading guilty is the top evidence.

Here is how the situation went down in the day after Pandor posted his thread, and AFTER he was asked to remove the link but it was still there:
A few threads were made in admin subforums, asking what to do -> We tried contacting the Donkeys for advice -> Dupre saw Pandor's thread, banned him as a temporary thing, WITHOUT NOTICING THE ADMIN THREADS -> He noticed the threads and awaits our final decision now.
There was a lack of communication at first, sadly, but we're going to reach a decision regarding both Pandor and addition of a new rule soon.
Thank you for reading sorry for wall of text but I don't have time to answer individually to all posts throughout the day so I let them pile up and dissect them in one reply))
Nemo prudens punit, quia peccatum est, sed ne peccetur.
I (used to) manage character issues, reverting, restoring and fixing related mistakes and some other stuff. Feel free to message if you encounter a problem.
He's not the hero DTV deserves but he's the one they need.

Offline Yeldur

• Global Head Retard
  • Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: March 19, 2016, 02:11:50 am »
+2
I've seen one of the krems bite Pandor and he become retard :( So really who's fault is it? :D

sorry that was me i hope you can forgive me for my sins. fin told me to do it :(

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka
« Reply #176 on: March 19, 2016, 03:04:54 am »
+4
blah blah blah
why try hard and fix game to make it better if it is easier ban Russian cheater so it will calm dawn morons from forum and ensure their love

just quick search

http://forum.melee.org/general-discussion/my-hacks-%28fun-color-editing%29/msg941243/?topicseen#msg941243

http://forum.melee.org/general-discussion/h0w-to-b3-g00d-w1th-free-downl0ad/msg1052122/?topicseen#msg1052122

I can't believe people are raging over the fact that tinkering with your models and textures client side should be restricted or overseen.

Now here is a suggestion. Some servers have the restriction on, some have it off, and you can decide where you want to play. And if you really want to play with your unicorn on the restricted servers, you put it into the review process.

Some people really find something rageworthy in every little thing...

yes
« Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 03:35:04 am by Vovka »

Offline McKli_PL

• Count
  • Renown: 294
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: South_the_grey, HeDdar_the_grey, Wazonowej_the_grey
« Reply #177 on: March 19, 2016, 03:15:47 am »
+5
@Vovka
yep that's the 2 topics i was trying to 'hide'  it's from 1 year ago and look  :D who's 'inside' of this topic, beta testers/admin's head admins etc :D
so i will write it again if some is brain damaged to max level, showing moral line in 2016 on Russian Cucumber Pindor is ok?

cherry on the cake  :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

'lel at all the infamy

Is there a way to color only the arrows?' (c) Prpavi   [on the second page]
hahahahaaha piece of shit forum hero :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
« Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 03:22:04 am by McKli_PL »

Offline Jambi

• Earl
  • Renown: 410
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Walks with God.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jambi
« Reply #178 on: March 19, 2016, 03:22:04 am »
+3
What's holding me back is that, as far as I am aware...

Thank you for taking time explaining the situation properly as you see it, and giving some insight from the admins perspectives.

Honestly russians just aren't reporting the insults thrown against them...

From the russians and polaks ive been in contact with.. they tell me, that they simply given up on reporting. And the reason as to why , are plenty past experience within the crpg community, reports they made not being cared about or treated unfairly with bias or promises made by staff members that never got fulfilled. And i can only agree with them, ive seen it happen... and i prolly let the my personal discontent build up to far and that one's my own mistake, but thats the reason why im expressing my concerns now extensively.

But I agree, insulting Pandor and other Druzhina members because they're eastern slavs (not just russians, polan strok) is dumb. It leads to nothing and arguing that someone has a specific trait (like being a cheater) because of their nationality is just stupid, sorry.
And im glad you're the first admin with balls big enough to actually recognize the bullshit slavs deal with.

Hah! Nope. They're all degenerates. Takes one to know one.  :wink:

I hate to have to say it.... but Karasu might have been wrong after all. Uthred might still be the admin not only wich DTV needs but also needed for his skills in using dialog the proper way!
You got my +1.. thank god there is still a tiny slither of hope.

blah blah blah
why try hard and fix game to make it better if it is easier ban Russian cheater so it will calm dawn morons from forum and ensure their love

just quick search

http://forum.melee.org/general-discussion/my-hacks-%28fun-color-editing%29/msg941243/?topicseen#msg941243

http://forum.melee.org/general-discussion/h0w-to-b3-g00d-w1th-free-downl0ad/msg1052122/?topicseen#msg1052122
But as Vovka already posted. Back to my previous point i made about russian bias and the overall hypocrisy going rampart. But nah my opinions are "shit"
Thank you for confirming i'm still somewhat sane Vovka, i was starting to doubt myself. I would kiss you... but you might be one of those "evil russians" lol.  :oops:

« Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 05:34:17 am by Jambi »
Love will tear us apart.
Also, most fucked up brain of the year award goes to jambi. Well done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX9Cpuj4igk

Offline Harpag

• Marshall
  • Renown: 914
  • Infamy: 263
  • jebać merców
    • View Profile
  • Faction: UIF
  • Game nicks: Harpag_the_Grey
« Reply #179 on: March 19, 2016, 03:29:17 am »
+2
I hope they didn't noticed that you're polestronk cuz they can think you're trying to be suspiciously objective lol

Serious part:

Uthyr, I have a question. Can you get an idea of what's going on with lags (half of our players have a problem with sync - ping ok but we lose packets) Can you ( admins, not devs ) do a reset or something?

I also have a question for devs. Can you reconsider tics from Strategus? Mod is olddead so why not?

It's important for us - recently hardly anyone has time for cRPG, but most of us are eager to participate in stat. More XP for reviving would also be welcome.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT:

Is there a way to color only the arrows?

:rolleyes:

Nice, gief links!

:!:
« Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 03:52:14 am by Harpag »