Author Topic: Pandor's repentance.  (Read 44830 times)

Offline Nebun

• Duke
  • Renown: 532
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • - BAD BECAUSE RUSSIAN -
    • View Profile
Re: Pandor's repentance.
« Reply #90 on: March 17, 2016, 09:43:26 pm »
+1
when UIF looks at you
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Uther Pendragon

• King
  • Renown: 1253
  • Infamy: 133
  • EX Head of EU and NA admin teams
    • View Profile
    • Strategus Guide
  • Faction: Stromgarde
  • Game nicks: Uthyr Pendraeg, Uthyr, mr fucking dtv hero admin, Stromgarde_Uthyr_Pendraeg
  • IRC nick: Something along those lines above
« Reply #91 on: March 17, 2016, 10:59:12 pm »
+11
Or because they've all modded their clients with green arrows and have practiced enough that it's so easy to kill anyone with a bow it's ridiculous, guarantee if all of them reset their clients they'd be shit at archery lmfao.

Sorry, but you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about and this shows how terribly everyone in this thread is missing the point of WHY was Pandor banned;

He wasn't banned specificaly for using green arrow textures, because, as many have pointed out - using them, and other "submods" that affect the gameplay is rampant and common since YEARS.
However, never before did we had a user so blatant in what he was doing that he would post proof of it to the forums, brag about it, not admit that it was what it was - a cheat, and later even shared the files for others to use.

I repeat and underline - the top thing was sharing the cheat and blatant disregard for admin warnings.

There isn't much that admins can do in this situation.

File checking for launcher was discussed but is highly unlikely to happen, because at the time it was proposed, many people used mods like the Scary Mod for very weak computers, heriloom mod for dope looking looms and so forth, so it was dropped - texture cheaters were a small price to pay in exchange for letting people adjust their gaming experience to their needs and likes. Nowadays, devs are busy and launcher needs to be fixed first, before we even consider ADDING anything to it, so ultimately the chance for it being added is very low.

Regarding why was only Pandor banned and not other people, macro abusers, bush-removers and others, it's simple - we just have no way of checking that without file check in the launcher, and as I said, it's unlikely to happen. Pandor was a special case. We cannot allow the rule disregard to go this far, because it turns into a Broken Windows theory but in a game setting - where someone breaks a rule and no one reacts, people will VERY QUICKLY start breaking the rules themselves, since "Why not, they aren't doing anything to stop us?" and other players may just as well leave - "Why bother staying and playing if other players can mod their textures to see my weapon glow, have transparent buildings and rainbow arrows and all the other crap? That just makes me play at a disadvantage"

"But there is no rule against messing with texture, what are you talking about?"

That's another thing, also very important - everyone and their mother commented that there isn't a specific rule regarding changing textures to benefit from it in the game.
Let me remind you that "common sense" IS A RULE, and can be used as basis of admin decisions. It is common sense that you wouldn't share a cheat on the forums after being criticised for using it.

The idea of the game is to provide equal footing for everyone, so that given practice and time, they can be on par with other players. Using changes like glowing items, no bushes, always sunny weather and transparent buildings removes that equality and profits some players, while putting others at a disadvantage. At least to me, this is a core principle in vidya games - having same chances as the other guy - "Sure, I may suck now, BUUUUT if I put enough time and effort I will improve and be a nuisance for him, at least!" - and if we don't have even that, what's the point of playing? If no matter how you improve you'll remain subpar to him because of his unfair advantage, it removes the purpouse of practicing.
Nemo prudens punit, quia peccatum est, sed ne peccetur.
I (used to) manage character issues, reverting, restoring and fixing related mistakes and some other stuff. Feel free to message if you encounter a problem.
He's not the hero DTV deserves but he's the one they need.

Offline Yeldur

• Global Head Retard
  • Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 189
  • cRPG Player
  • Trained by Nord BlueKnight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen, Burg Krems, Acre
  • Game nicks: ladoea, Yeldur
« Reply #92 on: March 17, 2016, 11:10:28 pm »
Not sure why you're making me out to be the ignorant party Uther, I've said the exact same thing in multiple threads, Pandor WAS banned for being so open about his cheat, even going far enough to post a bloody download link to it.

If Pandor has it, it's more than reasonable to assume that many more of DRZ have the EXACT same thing, so I don't think you have much of a right to say I've got no idea what I'm talking about when you're probably very similar. We will NEVER know who has the green arrow cheat unless people are as stupid as Pandor was, that's the bottom line of it, the most we can do is make assumptions based off of what we have, and from my experience in Administration, the sheep follows the flock.

he,  the god admin.  drink the tea, not ascared to  fight in th  batefield,

Offline Uther Pendragon

• King
    • View Profile
    • Strategus Guide
  • Game nicks: Uthyr Pendraeg, Uthyr, mr fucking dtv hero admin, Stromgarde_Uthyr_Pendraeg
« Reply #93 on: March 17, 2016, 11:31:37 pm »
+2
Not sure why you're making me out to be the ignorant party Uther, I've said the exact same thing in multiple threads, Pandor WAS banned for being so open about his cheat, even going far enough to post a bloody download link to it.

If Pandor has it, it's more than reasonable to assume that many more of DRZ have the EXACT same thing, so I don't think you have much of a right to say I've got no idea what I'm talking about when you're probably very similar. We will NEVER know who has the green arrow cheat unless people are as stupid as Pandor was, that's the bottom line of it, the most we can do is make assumptions based off of what we have, and from my experience in Administration, the sheep follows the flock.

I pointed to you in regards to calling DRZ archers shitty, hate them or love them but they are good in what they do, cucumber arrows or not)) And whether they use cheats or not is of little care for me without some system in place to control that)
I (used to) manage character issues, reverting, restoring and fixing related mistakes and some other stuff. Feel free to message if you encounter a problem.

Offline Rico

• King
  • Renown: 1021
  • Infamy: 158
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rico, Mila
« Reply #94 on: March 17, 2016, 11:33:58 pm »
+9
What Giovanni said:
(click to show/hide)

What Giovanni meant:
(click to show/hide)

What the community understood:
(click to show/hide)

Streaming cRPG, Supreme Commander and Age of Empires II on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/HeavenTV

Offline Harpag

• Marshall
  • Renown: 914
  • Infamy: 263
  • jebać merców
    • View Profile
  • Faction: UIF
  • Game nicks: Harpag_the_Grey
« Reply #95 on: March 17, 2016, 11:37:55 pm »
+2
Trained by Nord BlueKnight  =  100 % Darwin award for his adept or what?

(click to show/hide)

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #96 on: March 18, 2016, 12:08:27 am »
I pointed to you in regards to calling DRZ archers shitty, hate them or love them but they are good in what they do, cucumber arrows or not)) And whether they use cheats or not is of little care for me without some system in place to control that)

So common sense means nothing to you, do you really need an iron fist to rule over you just to make you act half decent?
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 18, 2016, 12:09:24 am »
+5
We could use Fuma's insight on the matter.

Let's try to summon him:

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 18, 2016, 12:30:14 am »
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Uther Pendragon

• King
    • View Profile
    • Strategus Guide
« Reply #99 on: March 18, 2016, 12:53:13 am »
+3
So common sense means nothing to you, do you really need an iron fist to rule over you just to make you act half decent?
Let me rephrase - I can't affect it, so I won't shoot blindly at people i think are cheating without any proof. Care wasn't the clearest word to use.

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 18, 2016, 01:56:01 am »
Let me rephrase - I can't affect it, so I won't shoot blindly at people i think are cheating without any proof. Care wasn't the clearest word to use.

I actually wanted to quote someone else, and the iron fist was meant for CIS players, I know you can't ban people because you suspect something.

I bet all drz archers have the same shit green arrows, no fog no bushes common sense yeah right they pull the same crap in every online gaming community.
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline Jambi

• Earl
  • Renown: 410
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Walks with God.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jambi
« Reply #101 on: March 18, 2016, 01:59:24 am »
+3

I see.
Well if that's the case.... that Merc video is still up on the forums, proofing the rainbow arrows texture usage of several of their members. Go ahead Shoot!
Cheats and Proof. case closed

Whats holding you back?
How much respect i have for you Uthred on what you did for CRPG. I'd have to call bullshit on this one.

And where were the admins and moderators to moderate and enforce the rules on players/admins, about bigotry, discriminatory speech, hate speech etc on Russians?
Pandor wasnt only treated as player that cheated,  but as "another scumbag" Russian and cheater, some admins and players did not hold off, to point his russian heritage as well, and make him even more so wide open for slander, abuse and generalization.. and grab other random russian players into the heat as well, to take a huge shit on them... without any reprecussion.
No matter how you look it it, the upvotes, populistic bias was clear and played its role. And gave a very clear picture of how deep the admins and moderators sunk and how they allowed the community to become as cancerous as its ever been, by the so called "Common Bias Sense" rule and circle jerking attitude.

No matter how many paragraphs are written on Pandor his ban and reasons why. By this complete circus that was created around it, the fail got real. And there is no way to talk all this right.

« Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 03:09:39 am by Jambi »
Love will tear us apart.
Also, most fucked up brain of the year award goes to jambi. Well done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX9Cpuj4igk

Offline Nebun

• Duke
  • Renown: 532
  • Infamy: 162
  • - BAD BECAUSE RUSSIAN -
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 18, 2016, 03:25:32 am »
+8
so pandor got banned for attitude, even tho he didn't insult anyone?
pandor is a troll, i argued with him many times, sometimes i want to punch him :D But i think red line should be drawn before something like this happens and not after. U basically banned him and then said how horrible it is. Some commented on how its disapproved, but nobody said its forbidden, because even admins didn't know how to deal with this situation. But i see little difference in someone using native arrows and someone using green arrows. If one is advantage then another is advantage too. If someone would kill 5 ppl in real life and another kills 10 ppl in real life for the same reasons - they both murderers then.
I don't urge u to ban ppl for native arrows because i see nothing wrong with that, but pandor shouldn't get banned too. Or at list make a rule - its ok to use native arrows but we'll fuck u up for flying coloured dicks. If u think that green arrows give u advantage then native also do that. I played native few nights when we had no one on servers, was way too easy u can see all arrows.

Pandor is big retard at times but should be unbanned. He leveled his archer for years to be banned for something uncertain, something as one of admins called - grey area. Make a rule and if he breaks it he should get punishment.

And all people who play on our side, and its not just greys anymore but also eques, some mercs etc know one thing very well: When we join strat battle and there is a fog, we all asking if anyone who joined later or sooner had a fog and if there is one for those who joined sooner, all out team rejoining server!!! I think everyone does that.

Someone shared natives and other mods on forum, pandor shared his. Stupid - yes, bannable - no.
I've read that hourse sounds made louder in mod then other sounds because it makes them more realistic, maybe true, but it still gives advantage over other players.
Never even heared of that thing with horses, pandor too - he just asked me where he can download and that he always wanted it :)))

He already punished by not playing for some days now, without anyone writing to him what he has to do to get unbanned. So i guess his ban can go on for months until u work out.
I dragged him in this strat because he didn't want to play at all, told him country need him (tho i didn't tell him that country was Estonia), and then he got exited in crpg again and played there too almost every day. And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works, since mercs invented coloured shit, since a lot of players use native arrows, since ppl remove night from their game and mod the shit out of their CRPG and don't get banned. He thought it was perfectly normal since a lot of players mod shit and post it on forum. He trolled a bit but never expected to get banned for this.

Sorry but ur common sense sucks + double standards + personal preferences.

+ don't troll blueknight since he is a very good and respected guy!
when UIF looks at you

Offline Rico

• King
  • Renown: 1021
  • Infamy: 158
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rico, Mila
« Reply #103 on: March 18, 2016, 03:49:51 am »

And where were the admins and moderators to moderate and enforce the rules on players/admins, about bigotry, discriminatory speech, hate speech etc on Russians?

I love Russians
Streaming cRPG, Supreme Commander and Age of Empires II on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/HeavenTV

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 18, 2016, 04:06:03 am »
+2

This is pure fucking gold, going straight to my sig.

Also nice sob story, I have a suggestion for you, how about you make you own RU server and shit green arrows and flying dicks there all day every day.