Author Topic: Pandor's repentance.  (Read 45168 times)

Offline Jambi

• Earl
  • Renown: 410
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Walks with God.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jambi
Re: Pandor's repentance.
« Reply #45 on: March 15, 2016, 01:20:50 pm »
+4
Well, they have to draw the line somewhere. It just happens that peoples opinions will differ on where this line should be drawn. Ultimately, its their game, and their decision.
Pandor acted as a self-aware idiot that continued to prod admins despite hearing the general consensus.

There's no way you can look at all these threads and all these posts since Pandor's first video and go 'WOAH! Where the fuck did this come from?!?!?' He knew people were pissed off and he knew admins were debating whether to take action or not, if he didnt want to be banned he wouldnt have kept pushing.

Very true, and i urged admins to do this years ago.. but without response.
The issue here is, is that people are abusing the common sense rule to justify whatever bias opinion they have, to disregard any counter arguement easly. While it would have been more justice, if the player agreement would be more solid, and not have rules that can be unexpected interpreted diffrently on the fly.. when a situation calls for it. Hence reason why i used the term "populistic" in this situation.

sure i agree with u, hax is hax and it should be a ban but what is pissing me most is admins showing the MORAL LINE in .......2016 :|
Spot on! But argueable not all admins share the same moral line, even in the green arrow situation.

Jambi, you're retarded if you think the thread you linked has anything to do with this.
http://forum.melee.org/beginner's-help-and-guides/mods-compatible-with-crpg-%28updated-sticky%29/
Heavy Hooves (for native sounds, not for More Metal)
Horses are louder and more hearable. A must-have for any archer twat

I wish i had louder horse steps. It would give me a drastic advantage and improvement in my gameplay and will most likely put cav in a disadvantage against me, since i still occasionally get lanced in the back by horsemen i didnt hear them clear enough thru all the other gamesounds IE.

It has all similar elements that were brought up with the green arrow issue. Yet there was no outcry.. so admins sat idle.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 02:23:42 pm by Jambi »
Love will tear us apart.
Also, most fucked up brain of the year award goes to jambi. Well done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX9Cpuj4igk

Offline Jambi

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Walks with God.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 15, 2016, 02:31:18 pm »
+1
And you'd get the same 'advantage' by turning up your ingame volume.

Like i said in my post, the cheating was a controversial issue but it was the way Pandor insisted on pushing and pushing that lead to the ban. The ban isnt unreasonable if you look at the sequence of events, not sure why you didnt include the context in which i said that old thread has nothing to do with the reason Pandor was banned. It was both the fact that he cheated (which was openly debated) and the way he behaved about it that made it impossible to ignore.

If you really really really want to kick up a storm and get a higher up dev to have a look at this you may not enjoy the result. Donkeys were brutal about autoblock and multiaccount.

Are you reading what im writing Heskey? If you turn up your general volume it would make all sounds louder, and other sounds would still overlap horsesteps... The mod is designed to make horsehooves stand out from all the other sounds.

Yes yes, you're repeating the same thing you said earlier. I heard you the first time, and adressed it several times, but we simply dont agree on the issue. Lets move the discussion forward shall we?

A  Dev looking at the situation? sure, i dont mind. I think you're under the impression that im picking a side, buts that not what i'm conveying at all. I gave my thoughts about the situation as i see it. I never said anything about Pandor being wrong or right. Or that modding is wrong or right. Im simply pointing out the controversy and shortcomings in all this.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 02:53:14 pm by Jambi »
Love will tear us apart.

Offline Jambi

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Walks with God.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 15, 2016, 03:37:40 pm »
+5
Sounds like you're picking a side. Either that banning Pandor was wrong, or that other submods should be banned which IMO is the only way to guarantee this shit doesnt happen.

No thats not what i meant. You're isolating those two sentences you quoted, from the initial paragraph to give it a diffrent meaning.

The fact there can even be any form of debate on a smug 'I did nothing wrong' thread by Pandor after being banned, is ridiculous. I'm confident no admins would do this, but i'm just posting here to guard against the possiblity of an admin pandering to randomly swaying public opinion over a funny OP that simultaneously promises that no lessons have been learned by the offender.
If you insist on talking about Pandor, ill give my opinion on him.

People that were banned using autoblocks got unbanned by writing funny regret essays. Cant blame Pandor for trying as well.

Maybe it was a bit silly from Pandor to hype his mod usage. But you got to give him credit for one thing.... at least he was honest and open about it, and wasnt trying to present himself as someone he isnt. He knew what he was doing, and didnt try to hide it to avoid taking responsibility for it. Opposite from many autoblock users, keeping it secret and boasting about their "skills" only to be discredited and sorry when they get caught.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 04:28:31 pm by Jambi »
Love will tear us apart.

Offline Nebun

• Duke
  • Renown: 532
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • - BAD BECAUSE RUSSIAN -
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 15, 2016, 09:57:49 pm »
+5
hm i'm with jambi on this.
How many ppl replaced CRPG arrows with native arrows and openly wrote about it on forum, this is also wrong then. + Other modifications
In perfect world it should all be forbidden then. And ppl who post them on forum all should be banned or none of them banned.

Pandor done it in a shitty way on forum, but its not fair to ban just him because he is trollish.

Is there a rule about this? only auto blocks and aimbots mentioned. Create a proper rule set for this kind of situations and act upon them.

Admins could take stance on other addons but they didn't. To me this looks like a trial with judge without laws. "This addon is ok, but pandors is evil"
If as admin said its a grey area, why didn't u demand from Pandor to remove them and forbid all the modifications that improve ur gameplay?

If ppl knew for example thats its forbidden - it would help to avoid such situations. Even better make launcher check all files before running the game.
It looks like personal preference of admins to ban him. Because it has nothing to do with rules and no one else got punished for it.
when UIF looks at you
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Grandmaster Ultimate God Of Swashbucklin'
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bridgeburners
  • Game nicks: Bobthehero_Whals and I am totally not all the Not_Bobthehero alts ever.
  • IRC nick: Buff Swashbuckling
« Reply #49 on: March 15, 2016, 10:00:34 pm »
+1
Of course the other green-arrows using Russian's gonna side with Pandor.
The Narwhals, dedicated swashbuckler part of FCC

Stabbing is my speciality and one hitting people, my art

Offline Casul

• King
  • Renown: 1010
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • I like animals
    • View Profile
  • Faction: plate goons club, Krems
  • Game nicks: Cassi, Antarctica
  • IRC nick: Cassi
« Reply #50 on: March 15, 2016, 11:15:44 pm »
edit: nvm, missed a post, sowy  >_>
Maybe if Coronoa virus gets rid of 50 percent or more of the world population we can do without a pope and religion.

Offline Nebun

• Duke
  • Renown: 532
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • - BAD BECAUSE RUSSIAN -
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 15, 2016, 11:46:23 pm »
+2
Of course the other green-arrows using Russian's gonna side with Pandor.

bullshit
I'm 100% up for crpg check to remove all modified files before every login.
And screw the "oh how about loomed items pack?" or whatever its called. Either add it in game officially or fuck it.
when UIF looks at you

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Bobthehero_Whals and I am totally not all the Not_Bobthehero alts ever.
« Reply #52 on: March 16, 2016, 05:50:59 am »
That's what you're saying, but uh, yeah, gonna have to need way more than your word for it

Offline Guray

• Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player
  • Geceniz esen, göğünüz bol yıldızlı olsun.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Kapikulu_Guray
« Reply #53 on: March 16, 2016, 05:58:20 am »
+2
That's what you're saying, but uh, yeah, gonna have to need way more than your word for it
That's what you're saying. Why is he being portrayed as using green arrows ? However uh, yeah, gonna have to need way more than your word for it

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 16, 2016, 06:13:58 am »
He's Russian, he cheats by default.

Or at least its safe to assume so.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 06:44:06 am by Bobthehero »

Offline Guray

• Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player
  • Geceniz esen, göğünüz bol yıldızlı olsun.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Kapikulu_Guray
« Reply #55 on: March 16, 2016, 06:15:13 am »
+3

Or at least its same to assume so.

Offline McKli_PL

• Count
  • Renown: 294
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: South_the_grey, HeDdar_the_grey, Wazonowej_the_grey
« Reply #56 on: March 16, 2016, 06:17:54 am »
+2

Or at least its same to assume so.
so if ur from Na(b) that mean's all Na players are bad by default? i don't think so, iv met tons of good Na players so your logic is bad same bad as u in this game :lol: Jesus those fucking forum warriors top kek  :twisted:

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 16, 2016, 06:19:25 am »
What are you saying?

Offline McKli_PL

• Count
  • Renown: 294
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: South_the_grey, HeDdar_the_grey, Wazonowej_the_grey
« Reply #58 on: March 16, 2016, 06:23:53 am »
+2
Jesus those fucking forum warriors, so if some1 is for Russia like Witch,Porthos or other none range players they are all cheaters?(it's yours logic) what a fucking no brain piece of talent.

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 16, 2016, 06:24:45 am »
I never said I am good, just that Russians are cheaters  :?: