Author Topic: M&B II: Bannerlord - 30min Gameplay!!!  (Read 9504 times)

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
Re: M&B II: Bannerlord - 30min Gameplay!!!
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2016, 02:36:32 am »
I'm pretty sure the ginger shot some speed. :lol:

Looks amazing, I'm actually hyped.
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1786
  • Infamy: 2894
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2016, 01:22:34 pm »
+1
Do i spy someone saying that Bannerlord is better than M;BG based on no first-hand experience of either game?

Is this same person likely to also shit on Bannerlord on all Bannerlord threads as not being a worthy successor to Warband, regardless of the end product? Oh i do believe so.

Yes and yes. Have strong desire to play some Mount & Blade these days but won't resort to playing outdated gaim from god knows which year which is falling apart in many aspects. So yeah, I'm kinda hyped for Bannerlord. On the other hand, MBG or whatever is called is horribly late and doesn't look like something I would like to play in current state. Basing solely on last presentations, Bannerlord looks so much better which is understandable because it is further in development than MBG. Thing is, I'm not patient enough to justify one games suckiness based on development stage it is in. If and when they finish it I'll praise it, currently it is huge pile of dog poo. Just like Star Citizen or any similar hey guyz i'm an alpha project game.

Bannerlord isn't what people and I among them expected to be, because we have unreasonably high expectations of game we've spent thousands of hours playing. But it is undeniably the best of its kind and that isn't going to change any time soon, it seems.

Edit: About cRPG mod. You can bet your ass there will be few versions of it done by different moder groups. Maybe they won't have Strategus because that's huge undertaking for any moder (kudos to chadz for puling it off) but mindless and fun grind through multiplayer modes will be there. And there's a big chance it will be more akin to first iteration of cRPG, with crazy builds and all that jazz. People will leave restrictions to Donkey Crew and their special historically accurate game set in 13th century. Rest of us want to have some fun.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 01:27:58 pm by Leshma »

Offline Guray

• Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player
  • Geceniz esen, göğünüz bol yıldızlı olsun.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Kapikulu_Guray
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2016, 03:32:52 pm »
+2
In the video They showed what was going on on the map but there is also background of this singleplayer they have showed.

For example now when we attack caravans or peasants and block the trade routes, it is going to cause problems in the cities using that route . because they wont be able to get products or sell them . This will cause the effected soldiers to not get payment or maybe even enough food so they will start demoralizing and maybe even die.You can also block multiple trade routes since you can now split your forces. When you do so the AI doesnt just stand and watch , it will try to attack you and remove your block

Now there is crime system which will cause townsman-townswomen to lose money or die . Then it will affect the stability in the city and cause problems. You can even make your own crime web and cause problems in cities(if the lord of the city doesnt find out later).

I am sure they have done alot more in the background . They have said " Now the player is not going to be important. Player will be just like any other lord ." This explains the state of the singleplayer and I can not wait to play it.

On the other hand to come to multiplayer, they have said that they were focusing on multiplayer as much as they focus on singleplayer. So I am sure we will be happy about it.
TaleWorlds I trust in :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2016, 06:46:27 pm »
+2
Would be great if playing as an outlaw is actually doable and entertaining to a certain point. Should be a lot harder than playing as lord, though.

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2016, 02:23:48 am »
+1
I will decide on buying this game after seeing the multiplayer, hopefully some beta/demo play. Looks better currently than Battlegrounds.
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2016, 11:33:15 pm »
+1
I am quite disappointed because it is very much like a remake. The have been doing this for ages and this is the result? Graphics are very good indeed but nothing has changed in terms of gameplay.

Yeah, after so much time they come and show us... this? It looks exactly like Warband with better graphics. Even NPCs still can't talk. Already disappointed.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2016, 02:52:04 pm »
Looks better currently than Battlegrounds.

No fucking shit, they been at it for the last 5 years  :P
Looks like a Warband 1.5 to me atm.

Offline MacX85

• Baron
  • Renown: 141
  • Infamy: 14
    • View Profile
    • 3D Portfolio
  • Game nicks: Siegbert
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2016, 03:33:18 pm »
No fucking shit, they been at it for the last 5 years  :P

I don't know what's supposed to look better about it. Bannerlord has more content to present atm, sure... but the combat is the same old shit and characters look cartoonish.

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2016, 03:57:33 pm »

More like Warband 1.15  :wink:

Looks better currently than Battlegrounds.

That's... not really surprising, is it.

Offline Polobow

• Count
  • Renown: 267
  • Infamy: 30
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: SoA
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2016, 08:48:50 pm »
Yeah, after so much time they come and show us... this? It looks exactly like Warband with better graphics. Even NPCs still can't talk. Already disappointed.

I can guess where you're coming from, but the most exciting thing about this all is the extensive moddability. That's what they've been working on all this time. Sure, the base game may not be that much of a difference, but the real meat is going to be mods. Just wait  :P

Offline Bittersteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 919
  • Infamy: 199
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Créme
  • Game nicks: Tybalt_von_Krems, Lennart_Bladh
  • IRC nick: Bittersteel
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2016, 04:15:03 pm »
It's 40 minutes gameplay, you idiot. damn u bad

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2016, 05:41:20 pm »
To be honest, the demo was lackluster if approached as a "veteran player" of the series. Might have been fine and interesting to a newcomer.

Not sure I like how they kept the "random spawn of top tier gear", instead of making it accessible by reaching certain aspects like fame and honor among that specific realm etc.

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
  • Renown: 427
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2016, 09:43:39 am »
5 years spent and they didn't improve almost anything - especially the multiplayer. graphics is better, but they still probably employ the same disney texture artist for a dark medieval hack´n slash game. thats what i call time wasting!

great thing is it seems they didn't fuck up anything at all either, all the good things stayed - combat, moddability (maybe even improved).

good enough for me!
OOODDIIINVALHALLAAAAAAA on the 20th of April 2011: What I know is that... heh, eh ja how can I explain? ...deh feeling to believe in Odin is right, dat is what I say, ja?!

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2016, 11:06:12 am »
Moddability should be vastly improved. They talked about this once, about the sort of modding tools they would release and that the mods would be done in C#. Hell, even i might give modding a try on it as i love C# :D

Offline Jarold

• Marshall
  • Renown: 987
  • Infamy: 142
  • "Always wear more armor than the guy next to you."
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarold
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2016, 01:35:50 am »
5 years spent and they didn't improve almost anything - especially the multiplayer. graphics is better, but they still probably employ the same disney texture artist for a dark medieval hack´n slash game. thats what i call time wasting!

great thing is it seems they didn't fuck up anything at all either, all the good things stayed - combat, moddability (maybe even improved).

good enough for me!

I dunno, it looks like they've improved a lot of aspects. I especially liked how the archery looked when the player used the bow, and the weapon crafting. I play native with diplomacy because I like the game how it is originally (like most of my games). The battle between the two armies looked like a much smoother and more responsive experience, i'm not sure if they still just blob together now though. However, the cavalry charged actually looked pretty meaty. The feeling I got from watching this video was a low budget Skyrim with big battles and the improved, tried and true warband combat. Sadly no news on multiplayer yet, but I did see a video where they showcased their replay feature which showed a quick clip of multiple human players duking it out..... and it was great looking, much more fluid looking clusterfucks.  :lol:

Also, as a scene editor myself it looks like they have made it possible to make some great maps that will be much more visually appealing and will allow map makers who think outside the box to make some interesting gameplay/scenery. Not to mention it looks a lot easier to navigate and place objects on a scene, so maybe anyone could get into it easily (hello mods!).