Author Topic: M&B II: Bannerlord - 30min Gameplay!!!  (Read 9507 times)

Offline Mirliva

• Count
  • Renown: 249
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
  • Defend the catapult! [H]
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Payne von Krems
M&B II: Bannerlord - 30min Gameplay!!!
« on: March 07, 2016, 04:51:30 pm »
+9
Can describe my feelings in 1 word: Amazing!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Slava Ukraini!

pogosan

Re: M&B II: Bannerlord - 30min Gameplay!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2016, 04:56:46 pm »
+5

Offline Mirliva

• Count
  • Renown: 249
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
  • Defend the catapult! [H]
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Payne von Krems
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2016, 04:59:51 pm »
Same but with graphics mod and crafting. Didn't even see the difference in AI.
Yea I guess cuz of it's on Alpha now. Actually previous of it too. I think it will be released on 2018. I hope this time AI will be better and smarter as you say.

Slava Ukraini!

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2016, 05:18:51 pm »
+1
Just hope formations work properly this time around and you can actually set up your soldiers in a good defensive formation instead of them just running into a huge blob the moment the battle starts.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2016, 05:59:21 pm »
Just hope formations work properly this time around and you can actually set up your soldiers in a good defensive formation instead of them just running into a huge blob the moment the battle starts.

Sadly I dont see this happen.

When they are at that point in the battle where they place their groups, the developer said something like "look how the enemy face our troops!" and "lets place our troops in front of them!".
They never mentionned the "always facing closest enemies" as an issue, but as a thing to praise, honestly made me chuckle. M&B: Bannerlord greatly need a "manual facing" tool and smarter AI, you can never really flank or surprise attack ever with the old mechanic.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2016, 06:04:28 pm »
+1
Formations weren't terrible in Warband. Form up a line on a hill and keep them there and they'd stay in place even when attacked. It was only when charging that formations broke which makes sense. Would like to see more variety with them though rather than a line or just a block.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2016, 06:37:09 pm »
+2
I just hope that you can bait the AI into attacking you instead of always having them hold the high ground that they most likely spawn on. It'd be cool if you have the superior ranged numbers that if you just camp an adjacent hill then the enemy will charge your ranged, allowing you to send cavalry or other units around the back to flank them (without the AI automatically sensing your presence and turning to face you immediately). I hope that there is some feature where you place battalion flags 1-5 or something, and each flag is a waypoint, so you can actually tell cavalry to go to point 1, then 2, then 3, and finally 4 at which point they engage the nearest enemies or hold, or something.

On a somewhat related note, I'm hoping  you can surprise enemies on the field as well. This way you don't always have to speak to them before you do battle, and can decide to just jump right into the fray as soon as you catch them. If you're rping a bandit or something you might not wish to always take the chivalrous approach of demanding something to a lord's face and instead just strike them while they're camping for the night (which reminds me, it'd be cool if you can hit an army when they're camping and can then actually sneak up on their camp when the soldiers are sleeping, allowing once more for more advanced flanking strategies and such, even on the world map). Unfortunately the preview simply looks like Warband HD edition... which I'm pretty okay with, but not nearly as hyped as I want to be. I have faith in the modding community to make some sort of kickass multiplayer mod before I tire of singleplayer.

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2016, 10:06:04 pm »
Well, I hoped too see more new things as well. Especially I fear quests will be as dull as before, I expected them to be more nicely interwoven with the gameplay. And too many things seem to be exactly the same like dialogue options ("I need you to follow me for a while") or coloured fonts and buttons. Still I don't rule out that with all improvements put together the game will be huge fun. I just kinda hoped them to be a bit more bold in overhauling the whole concept.

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2016, 10:37:22 pm »
Didn't watch the whole thing, too boring tbqf. But things I noticed: visually, it is incredibly polished in comparison to Warband. The "sprinting" mechanic looks great in game, with characters actually running and looking like they are running. Can't wait to try it out for myself.
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline Sultan Eren

• Count
  • Renown: 217
  • Infamy: 113
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercs
  • Game nicks: Sultan Eren
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2016, 11:27:04 pm »
+1
I am quite disappointed because it is very much like a remake. The have been doing this for ages and this is the result? Graphics are very good indeed but nothing has changed in terms of gameplay.

The point they missing is it gets boring because it is singleplayer. Okay, It is sandbox but I got the feeling that the singleplayer games are no more valid. Multiplayer however, easier to make and rather than AI you play with real human beings which makes it fun. They should have focused on multiplayer as the donkeycrew does.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1494
  • Infamy: 2985
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2016, 11:30:21 pm »
Maybe they don't have the budget for complete overhaul. To me, this is like with every new TES game. Updated graphics, new story, few tweaks here and there.

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2016, 11:52:02 pm »
The point they missing is it gets boring because it is singleplayer. Okay, It is sandbox but I got the feeling that the singleplayer games are no more valid. Multiplayer however, easier to make and rather than AI you play with real human beings which makes it fun. They should have focused on multiplayer as the donkeycrew does.

No, Singleplayer can still do certain things much better than Multiplayer like storytelling, creating characters & atmosphere etc. But these are exactly the parts where Warband is weak.

I'll play the game or watch more videos before i decide, but let me just throw this out there. If you're a certain type of person you will be determined to not enjoy this game as much as you remember enjoying Warband. No matter what features are in it, no matter how well implemented, even if you cannot find something objective the game simply wont 'feel' as good as you remember Warband feeling all those years ago when it was new.

Because nostalgia's a bitch. Even Warband can never feel as good as somebody like that remembers Warband feeling. These people will complain about how much better Warband is, but on that day these people wont actually go back and play Warband 'nah, bored of it... but it's still LOADS better than this new game'. The new features will be too different to Warband, the core features that you enjoyed so much in Warband will be too similar to Warband.

The only time people like this will praise Bannerlord, regardless of how it turns out, will be when M;BG comes out. Because those exact same people will be determined to point out how lacking M;BG is compared to Bannerlord, and as stated these observations will happen regardless of how good either finished product is.

Makes no sense what you are saying, imo.

Offline Daunt_Flockula

• Marshall
  • Renown: 870
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
  • Step aside peasants!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pixel Paladins
  • Game nicks: Cock_Blockula Kunt_Blockula Daunt_Flockula
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2016, 12:14:27 am »
+4
As far as I can see, there is already a predetermined formation, which you can arrange beforehand and wholly command at the time of battle. If we are talking about formations, that alone is a huge improvement that I very much appreciate. It felt so boring in Warband to tell your infantrymen to hold the front line, ranged to line up behind them and cavalry to stay close every single time you had an encounter.

As for the point about single player, I really like it to be there. That is the case with almost any game. I understand some people love multiplayer more than anything, but I personally despise the entire online-ization of games that has been going on for some time now. There are still people like me out there who would like to chill alone without much need for online interaction.

Offline Yeldur

• Global Head Retard
  • Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 189
  • cRPG Player
  • Trained by Nord BlueKnight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen, Burg Krems, Acre
  • Game nicks: ladoea, Yeldur
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2016, 01:20:26 am »
Yea I guess cuz of it's on Alpha now. Actually previous of it too. I think it will be released on 2018. I hope this time AI will be better and smarter as you say.
They've said they want to release it in 2016, but this is Taleworlds, so 2018 is probably accurate.

he,  the god admin.  drink the tea, not ascared to  fight in th  batefield,

Offline Yeldur

• Global Head Retard
  • Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 189
  • cRPG Player
  • Trained by Nord BlueKnight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen, Burg Krems, Acre
  • Game nicks: ladoea, Yeldur
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2016, 01:22:03 am »
+1
You know what I'd love, Total War Formations mixed with the in person battles, now that would be fucking epic. I would love for CA/SEGA to work with Taleworlds on a game, thinking of the endless possibilities :OOO

he,  the god admin.  drink the tea, not ascared to  fight in th  batefield,