Author Topic: How to learn to attack and not to die ?:)  (Read 12294 times)

Offline Mr.K.

• Earl
  • Renown: 474
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar Union
Re: How to learn to attack and not to die ?:)
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2015, 01:01:58 pm »
+1
From what I've found is that one of the most important things to learn is to understand the battlefield. Always* look around you with the freelook key! Cavalry will try to backstab you, a sneaky xbower will try to get an easy shot on you while you run in a straight line. Make sure you know where everyone is and stick with the group until you're confident enough that you can beat people 1v1, no matter if they're on foot or on a horse. In melee group fights, try to get inside the opponents head. Think who they are fighting and attack them when they don't expect it.

One more thing that's helped me a lot is play every class there is. That helps you understand their weaknesses and use those to your advantage. Cavalry can be outreached or outmaneuvered, maul overheads can be spammed (every time, just try it), longer weapon overheads can be sidestepped, pikes can be facehugged (longspears can't) and so on. The different mechanics you'll eventually learn with trial and error.

*=sometimes I get killed by looking behind me and running into an enemy in front of me. Don't do that. visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline BlackxBird

• Duke
  • Renown: 546
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Eques :3
  • Game nicks: Eques_Black_Bird, Black_Bird_I-X
« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2015, 05:57:09 pm »
*=sometimes I get killed by looking behind me and running into an enemy in front of me. Don't do that. visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I get killed by cav more often when I look behind me than when I don't use the ^ key.

Offline Lord_Carlos

• Count
  • Renown: 183
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2015, 09:28:51 am »
 I would say that, fast weapons are good for beginners Like Heavy bastard or 2handed Warha

I hate Cav with Lance, but they do so mutch damage. :rolleyes:  :shock:

Most of my deaths are by an Archer or an crossbowman.

My playstyle is like an berserker :D :D :D :D :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: or sometiemes like an ambuscher. :twisted: :twisted:

I think you will find a good playstyle.

PS: Sry for my english is rusty :D

« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 09:38:13 am by Lord_Carlos »

Offline ecorcheur_brokar

• Earl
  • Renown: 482
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
  • The guy who kill with one blow
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Brokar/SuisseMonCervela/CheeseInMyPants
« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2015, 01:04:03 pm »
For a start, the best is to focus on only one class, no hybrid, otherwise you will lose important skill point usefull for melee.

I think the best to start is 1h shield, so you can focus on counter attack without having to mind too much about blocking. Then you can switch to 2h or polearm.

Then to have some fun while learning fast, the best is to join a clan so you can speak with someone while duelling and he can give you advice during the duel. And as you look like someone cool, you should have no trouble finding a clan.  :wink:

When on EU1, you should try to learn teamplay as much as individual skill. Teamplay is a lot more of fun imo and you can quickly get good at it. For exemple try to protect your teammate from enemy hits, see where you should place yourself to easily land hit on the enmy and not bother your mate,etc.
"With great bardiche comes great responsability"
"The wolf doesn't care how many sheeps may be"