Author Topic: Heavy armor is too strong  (Read 1871 times)

Offline PoisonedTail

• Earl
  • Renown: 307
  • Infamy: 126
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: TimTheEnchanter
Heavy armor is too strong
« on: July 19, 2015, 05:45:00 am »
« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 05:57:32 am by PoisonedTail »

Offline McKli_PL

• Count
  • Renown: 294
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: South_the_grey, HeDdar_the_grey, Wazonowej_the_grey
Re: Heavy armor is too strong
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2015, 06:09:49 am »
and wtf u know about playing heavy inf, God plz i wont even f**** start this conversation due to ban, just put this topic to chamber of tears with this dokney :evil:

Offline JasonPastman

• Count
  • Renown: 285
  • Infamy: 113
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guys That CMP Has Quoted [GTCHQ]
  • Game nicks: Jason_The_Great
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2015, 06:10:23 am »
+13
I think heavy armor is too weak tbh.
If a majority be united by a common interest, the rights of the minority will be insecure - James Madison
It is not wisdom but Authority that makes a law - Thomas Hobbes.
Too busy not giving a fuck...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline BlackxBird

• Duke
  • Renown: 546
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Eques :3
  • Game nicks: Eques_Black_Bird, Black_Bird_I-X
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2015, 08:41:22 am »
+4
Really?  :shock:

HEAVY ARMOR IS TOO OP?!

ARE U FUCKING KIDDING ME?!

So simply:

When u play with really heavy armor, so plate, u do less dmg cuz of the wpf reduction and you swing even slower.
Enemies don´t really glance at all unless u abuze ur footwork to make them, but ordinary u can get killed by a short sword.
Atm everybody has tons of agi, so if you´re tanky u can´t run away and that´s atm the most important thing on EU 1
You don´t take as many hits as you should if you see people without armor still standing after 2 sometimes 3 hits.

Heavy armor op? no. fu.

Offline Nehvar

• Duke
  • Renown: 550
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2015, 08:51:16 am »
+4
The defense of heavy armor generally does not make up for the loss of movement speed; certainly not with all the AGI about.  If anything it's under-powered.
WSE2 gives us the key to a wonderful world of butthurt...

Offline Tristan_of_Erzoth

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 1000
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Tristan_of_Erzoth, Sorcerer_Tholamin, Big_Dick_McCallister
  • IRC nick: wtf is an IRC
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2015, 10:34:33 am »
+2
I have ~70 body armor and I get 2-3 hit by the majority of players. Heavy armor needs a buff if anything. Also they did adjust plate armor difficulties and a bunch of weapons difficulties after the POD

http://steamcommunity.com/id/evilmagic/

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2015, 11:55:51 am »
Plate is incredibly strong, i use it nearly all the time too since i left my path of agility. Cant really call it OP though, but its definitely way better than the other choices as far as my playstyle goes.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Mr.K.

• Earl
  • Renown: 474
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar Union
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2015, 12:48:08 pm »
+1
The balance seems to be about spot on right now between the medium and heavy armors. Both have their uses for different builds.

Light armor has been kinda garbage for a while now since the soak/reduce changes. Whenever I use my trusty Steppe Armor I constantly get instahit for 0 damage, cancelling my attacks...  Other than that the balance is better now that it has ever been, San, Tydeus (?) and co did good job with the recent changes.

Offline BlackxBird

• Duke
  • Renown: 546
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Eques :3
  • Game nicks: Eques_Black_Bird, Black_Bird_I-X
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2015, 03:06:58 pm »
+1
The battle servers aren´t about teamfights.

They are about fights like  2 vs 6. Many of them.

Well I can actually handle 3 players who are worse than me when I´m playing in my black gothic plate with my 12 agi, but it´s fucking hard to not gekt rekt cuz u only need one retarded swing, one wrong step or getting a knock down and u´re dead, no matter how many hits u can tank.

I tried like all builds with all types of armors. Right now I´m trying what I played ages ago, so a balanced build with my kuyak and actually it´s better than plate and agi, cuz u are fucking fast and u deal ridiculously much dmg, well u die most of the time after the 3rd hit, maybe with some good footwork u can tank 4. Compared to my old build this is shit cuz I tanked most of the time more than 5 hits.

But at all for every build but a str build I can only recomment medium armor - 13 - 20 weight - cuz the reductions when you play plate with a balanced/light str build are way to hard to handle them

Just saying, with my 33 12 and black gothic plate I had a kd of 2,7 (played mostly siege, so after 208 mio I had only 2k kills on battle xD) and now with my 24 24 and medium armor I got 3,5.

But Heskey I gotta agree there, in a complete teamfight plate wins allways!

Offline PoisonedTail

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2015, 02:01:00 am »
I think heavy armor is too weak tbh.
Explain why you think it is so "up". I love when blank statements with no backup are upvoted. Shows how intelligent this community is. Also, if you feel heavy armor is so "up", why does the vast majority of the community use it?

I have ~70 body armor and I get 2-3 hit by the majority of players. Heavy armor needs a buff if anything
I highly doubt you get 2 hit by most players. If you are so unhappy with heavy armor why don't you switch?

and wtf u know about playing heavy inf, God plz i wont even f**** start this conversation due to ban, just put this topic to chamber of tears with this dokney :evil:
I don't understand your grammar.

The defense of heavy armor generally does not make up for the loss of movement speed; certainly not with all the AGI about.  If anything it's under-powered.
Like I said, if it apparently is so "unplayable", why do you continue to use it?

Just saying, with my 33 12 and black gothic plate I had a kd of 2,7 (played mostly siege, so after 208 mio I had only 2k kills on battle xD) and now with my 24 24 and medium armor I got 3,5.

Notice something different between those builds? Your 2.7 kd build used a total of 45 attribute points. Your 3.5 kd build has a combined 48 attribute points. If you had a 36 12 build, it would be likely you would have a 3.5 kd as well.

The speed and damage boosts are small on light/med armor. A player wearing heavy armor with the same build as a medium armor wearer will barely run slower. The damage bonus deals about 3 extra damage. Most builds at 34 will have 60 hit points. Hmm a 5% damage bonus and a tiny more movement speed. Is that worth trading the extra 3 or 4 hits you can take with heavy armor? Common sense tells me no. I know every negative thing I say about heavy armor will not be taken lightly. Internet warriors are too ignorant to open their eyes.

Offline Dalfador

• Marshall
  • Renown: 898
  • Infamy: 81
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the White Stallion
  • Game nicks: Dalfador
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2015, 02:03:14 am »
+3
that is a shit suggestion i hope you die irl

Maybe some day they'll call us heroes.

Offline Utrakil

• Marshall
  • Renown: 885
  • Infamy: 182
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Randwig; Gerwin; Marketenderin; Fletcher
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2015, 02:44:26 am »
+1
I don't really see any problem if the most expensive gear is a little better than the rest.
I never understand why so many people want to ballance the cheap gear with the expencive one. whats the use of gold than?
If you think heavy armour is OP just use it and enjoy. 8-)

Offline Schoi

• Duke
  • Renown: 578
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: small weiner
  • Game nicks: Skoi, Schoi, jus_the_tip_bby_feel_rlygud
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2015, 03:06:12 am »
+2
This thread is fucking retarded, fuck you for your shit suggestions and shit opinion. Get good at the game and maybe you can get tampax plus instead of tampax economy
Best quote

Well fact is, NA players are mostly casual normies not knowing mechanics & who would have no chance against competitive EU players on the same ping.

Offline PoisonedTail

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2015, 03:23:52 am »
This thread is fucking retarded, fuck you for your shit suggestions and shit opinion. Get good at the game and maybe you can get tampax plus instead of tampax economy

No need to curse at someone because of an opinion I have with a video game. If you get that angry over a virtual game you have some issues with your life. Also telling me to "get good" without watching me play makes me laugh.

I will just leave this here
http://gyazo.com/dac55e51446dc865065b8dc09d196e71
^ I achieved that rating using heavy armor.

Offline Schoi

• Duke
  • Renown: 578
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: small weiner
  • Game nicks: Skoi, Schoi, jus_the_tip_bby_feel_rlygud
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2015, 03:55:58 am »
+2
I've seen you play, you suck. You probably signed up for battles against peasants multiple times to get that performance rating. If I get angry over a virtual video game, that's nothing to be ashamed of, plenty of people get mad at virtual things i.e. Flappy Bird. I even get mad if a youtube video buffers for two seconds. Issues with my life? Yeah sure, everyone has issues, congrats to you for pointing it out, I feel so much more motivated to fix my life and tell everyone about it. Laughing? Good, the game is all about entertainment. I find entertainment when I get mad because of "issues with your life". Shit is a lot better than playing Runescape or agar.io
Best quote

Well fact is, NA players are mostly casual normies not knowing mechanics & who would have no chance against competitive EU players on the same ping.