Author Topic: Gamescom + Blog XI  (Read 24759 times)

Offline Senni__Ti

• Earl
  • Renown: 472
  • Infamy: 23
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Senni_Ti
  • IRC nick: Senni
Re: Gamescom + Blog XI
« Reply #135 on: August 13, 2015, 01:46:23 am »
+1
Can i just post my prediction for cRPG Bannerlord here so we can later look back and find out if i have the gift.

I anticipate that through a lack of communication/divide in social groups there will not be a cRPG Bannerlord, there will be 2 or more cRPG Bannerlords made by former members of this community or general enthusiasts!

And they'll struggle for the reputation of 'cRPG 2' against each other, refuse to combine efforts and each provide something that is unique but falls short of cRPG, and the current fanbase of cRPG and new players will be forced to choose or alternate between different 'cRPG 2' type mods which have some features they like but others that are 'not enough like cRPG' or 'too much like cRPG' or ''not enough like XXXXX's version of cRPG2 that i'd be playing instead but it's empty''

I have money on chadz creating a crappy clone under a moniker, to promote M:BG.

Offline BlackPanda

• Count
  • Renown: 244
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • USA
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: BlackPanda \ blubbernugget
  • IRC nick: BlackPanda
« Reply #136 on: August 13, 2015, 04:18:09 am »
I have money on chadz creating a crappy clone under a moniker, to promote M:BG.
Crappy clone is better than nothing.

Offline Kalp

• Marshall
  • Renown: 750
  • Infamy: 253
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Form ranks, you maggots!
    • View Profile
    • Kahhhaaargaar!!! Uuurrr!!!
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Kalp_the_Grey
  • IRC nick: Kalp
« Reply #137 on: August 13, 2015, 11:13:44 am »
+2
I hope there will be possibility to use more catapults than only one at siege  :wink:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
The goal of Strategus battles shouldnt be to deprive your enemies of players, but to have full roster both sides and have the gear/tactics/strategy win the day rather than lack of merc support.

Offline Guray

• Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player
  • Geceniz esen, göğünüz bol yıldızlı olsun.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Kapikulu_Guray
« Reply #138 on: August 13, 2015, 06:44:39 pm »
+4
Quote from : http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/08/12/mount-blade-2-bannerlord/
In the quest example we’re shown, the developer meets a man in the pub who has just had his horse stolen. He’d be grateful if you helped him get it back. If you agree, he leads you off to the people responsible elsewhere in town, giving you the opportunity to talk to their leader and compel them to return your new friend’s horse. When they refuse, you fight one of their heavies in sword combat in order to teach them a lesson. It’s an opportunity to teach the player a lesson too, letting them get used to conversation and combat systems in an environment less intimidating than the wilderness.

Suitably impressed, the horseless bar friend joins up to your squad of merry men, which comes in handy not long after when – in the wilderness – we meet more horse bandits. We get a greater glimpse at the combat here, as a dozen or so people on the battlefield manouver around, stabbing and swinging, while the developer moves among them on horseback. Combat is meant to be deeper than previous iterations of the game, taking into account timing and previous attacks, but it’s more about subtle differences than a total overhaul. TaleWorlds say they want it to “still be very accessible and intuitive.”
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 07:21:21 pm by Guray »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login