Author Topic: XCOM 2  (Read 15217 times)

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
XCOM 2
« on: June 02, 2015, 11:51:17 am »
+4
I am excited!

When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: XCOM 2
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2015, 03:23:00 pm »
+2
I always felt xcom series would be better with more realistic approach, and yet they seem to disagree. blatent cobra man alien, ordinary swords.... cheesy and childish as fuck.

still here's hoping the gameplay will make up for it!

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2015, 04:53:58 pm »
+1
The last one was awful compared to the older games, there are much better alternatives out there if you want an Xcom game. Fuck this game.  :mad:

Offline Molly

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2015, 04:55:50 pm »
+3
The last one was awful compared to the older games, there are much better alternatives out there if you want an Xcom game. Fuck this game.  :mad:
You, good Sir, know nothing.
It was brilliant for an old school series reboot.

Offline Leesin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2015, 05:03:29 pm »
+3
You, good Sir, know nothing.
It was brilliant for an old school series reboot.

Brilliant? they cut all the features that made the old games brilliant lol. Xenonauts is a far better game and in fact just getting one of the older games with one of the big mods is far better, the only thing these newer ones offer over the alternatives is better graphics ( which still suck ) and a more personal viewpoint for your soldiers, but that doesn't make it brilliant.

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 400
  • Infamy: 502
  • cRPG Player
  • Darksider on redemption
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2015, 05:04:09 pm »

You mean enemy unknown? If you do, you need to take off your nostalgia goggles.

Also this game looks shit. I dont want swords and magic in Xcom games, I want deep turn based strategy game where every move matters.

Tseng: Used to the bitter taste of refusal, this only serves to reinforce his greatest life lession yet.
Cloud: And that is?
Tseng: Bitches, man.

Offline Leesin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2015, 05:20:01 pm »
+2
You mean enemy unknown? If you do, you need to take off your nostalgia goggles.

Also this game looks shit. I dont want swords and magic in Xcom games, I want deep turn based strategy game where every move matters.

Nostalgia goggles? you're saying this game looks like shit, which is a sequel to Enemy Unknown, I am saying Enemy Unknown  is shit too, like I stated they cut a TON of features that actually made the older games good, that has nothing to do with "Nostalgia Goggles", it's just a fucking fact. Xenonauts is also not an old game, it's new and it's much closer to the old Xcom games than the new Xcom games are. Please learn to fucking read properly before you start typing you whiny little menstruating cunt.

Offline gallonigher

• Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 420
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Gallonigher
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2015, 06:37:33 pm »
+3
Please learn to fucking read properly before you start typing you whiny little menstruating cunt.

Jeezus Chryst, chill...  No need to get particularly angry over such trivium.

I liked both Xenonauts and XCOM:EW so I'll probably be picking this up too.  If I had one gripe, I wish they changed their art direction to better fit reality but I won't let it affect my purchase if the game is still good.

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2015, 07:26:32 pm »
+1
I always liked Apocalypse the most, because it had realtime. But yea, I dont really see your problem with Enemy Unknown. Even majority of the older Xcom fans have rated it as one of the finest remakes. Than again, you cant really please everyone. Thou, I admit it, the squads in the new one are a little cartoony and so are their powers. Older Xcom, despite basically looking like crap can still be kinda scary to this day.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2015, 07:47:13 pm »
+2
Instead of bitching about what's better between new xcom and old x-com (and xenonauts), how about we just get happy about people actually making good turn based games again?
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Molly

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2015, 08:02:11 pm »
+1
Instead of bitching about what's better between new xcom and old x-com (and xenonauts), how about we just get happy about people actually making good turn based games again?
Exactly. But according to Leesin it's shit which is just bullshit.
I know a bunch of people who played the original games and they all enjoyed the reboot quite a lot. It's different but it is still good - especially the add-on breaks it up quite a lot and makes it a really really good game (top tip for everyone who has the new one: get the add-on for cheap, it makes the whole game better by a lot into a great game).

I, for one, am excited about the sequel and I kinda like the twist it does by making the player the invading force. Gonna be interesting if they can pull it off.

Offline Mala

• Earl
  • Renown: 412
  • Infamy: 61
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2015, 08:15:23 pm »
wait a minute, the aliens have lost the war against the earth and now they have won?

Offline Leesin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2015, 08:43:38 pm »
+1
Exactly. But according to Leesin it's shit which is just bullshit.
I know a bunch of people who played the original games and they all enjoyed the reboot quite a lot. It's different but it is still good - especially the add-on breaks it up quite a lot and makes it a really really good game (top tip for everyone who has the new one: get the add-on for cheap, it makes the whole game better by a lot into a great game).

I, for one, am excited about the sequel and I kinda like the twist it does by making the player the invading force. Gonna be interesting if they can pull it off.

I also know a bunch of people who also thought it was pretty shit like I did, like it's more of a dumbed down console port and would rather play the older games or Xenonauts, but it's all personal opinions.

I honestly felt the game was dog shit, at least compared to other games in that genre, there was nothing it did that would make me want to choose it over playing other games of the genre/series and if I am going to play a game of that genre/series why wouldn't I just play the better ones. They dumbed the game down, removing good features, yet they didn't really offer anything new other than a different view perspective and shinier graphics, for me that isn't a decent series reboot, where as Xenonauts is actually a real spiritual series reboot. The fact I can choose to play Xenonauts, the old games + awesome mods or Enemy Within/Unknown I don't see any reason to choose EW/EU over the other options.

You can point out to me what makes it worth playing vs those other games if you like, or you could just continue to tell me I know nothing and say my opinion is bullshit, didn't mean to butthurt you m8  :lol:

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 400
  • Infamy: 502
  • cRPG Player
  • Darksider on redemption
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2015, 09:45:46 pm »
Nostalgia goggles? you're saying this game looks like shit, which is a sequel to Enemy Unknown, I am saying Enemy Unknown  is shit too, like I stated they cut a TON of features that actually made the older games good, that has nothing to do with "Nostalgia Goggles", it's just a fucking fact. Xenonauts is also not an old game, it's new and it's much closer to the old Xcom games than the new Xcom games are. Please learn to fucking read properly before you start typing you whiny little menstruating cunt.

It is a reboot moron, expect changes. In my opinion, you are the menstruating whiny little cunt that complains that they removed a couple of features instead of appreciating the fact that they have released incredibly well made remake of an old game. Sure, they could have included a bit more content, but for fucks sake, calling it shit just because you like masturbating over pixelated old games does not make the game bad.

that has nothing to do with "Nostalgia Goggles", it's just a fucking fact
I call bullshit.

wait a minute, the aliens have lost the war against the earth and now they have won?

There is a term called alternate universe you know...
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 09:54:53 pm by Nightmare798 »
Tseng: Used to the bitter taste of refusal, this only serves to reinforce his greatest life lession yet.
Cloud: And that is?
Tseng: Bitches, man.

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2015, 09:48:58 pm »
Anyone here played the UFO (Aftermath/shock/light) games?