Author Topic: Unfair ban  (Read 2309 times)

Offline Schoi

• Duke
  • Renown: 578
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: small weiner
  • Game nicks: Skoi, Schoi, jus_the_tip_bby_feel_rlygud
Unfair ban
« on: May 24, 2015, 03:48:03 am »
User(s): Marshal_Joan_II_HCE, Jona

What happened: Jona banned Joan from all NA server for four hours due to one team kill.

Proof
http://imgur.com/y6CF9dp,eKnW8zq
http://imgur.com/y6CF9dp,eKnW8zq#1
Best quote
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Well fact is, NA players are mostly casual normies not knowing mechanics & who would have no chance against competitive EU players on the same ping.

Offline Skooks

• Baron
  • Renown: 94
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Unfair ban
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2015, 04:40:32 am »
+1
damn voester got owned by his team

Offline Rando

• Duke
  • Renown: 593
  • Infamy: 183
  • cRPG Player
  • Chairman of the Refuge Against Domestic Violence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2015, 05:06:04 am »
Who would intentionally TK an admin? Maybe some retarded habitual troll, but not Saint. To put the icing on the cake, Jona spouts this golden line in the strat battle that happened right after: "If Joan admits he did it intentionally he can play in the battle." This kind of pathetic power tripping should be below the people who are supposed to be making the game a better place. I expected better things from Jona than typical nerd rage, what a shame.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 05:10:19 am by RandoHg »
Women cannot be autistic, because that implies otherwise well functioning brain to be impaired in some way. We know that women posses no such thing.

Offline gallonigher

• Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 420
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Gallonigher
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2015, 05:29:45 am »
+2
I actually have firsthand experience of what transpired.  Joan had just killed me and I didn't recognize her so I zoomed in to her character to see who it was.  From there, I got a good view of Joan following Jona around after a fight was clearly over and proceeding to hit him on the back of head twice thus team-killing him.   It looked completely intentional. 

Shouldn't have poked the bear

Offline Sharpe

• Duke
  • Renown: 619
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player
  • I like Sheep.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wales
  • Game nicks: Sharpe, Llewllyn
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2015, 05:37:59 am »
+1
I actually have firsthand experience of what transpired.  Joan had just killed me and I didn't recognize her so I zoomed in to her character to see who it was.  From there, I got a good view of Joan following Jona around after a fight was clearly over and proceeding to hit him on the back of head twice thus team-killing him.   It looked completely intentional. 

Shouldn't have poked the bear

No Joan clearly wouldn't do that, he's a good kid!  :rolleyes:

“I like the cover," he said. "Don't Panic. It's the first helpful or intelligible thing anybody's said to me all day.”

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2015, 08:12:57 am »
+4
Who would intentionally TK an admin? Maybe some retarded habitual troll, but not Saint. To put the icing on the cake, Jona spouts this golden line in the strat battle that happened right after: "If Joan admits he did it intentionally he can play in the battle." This kind of pathetic power tripping should be below the people who are supposed to be making the game a better place. I expected better things from Jona than typical nerd rage, what a shame.

Bans do not normally get postponed due to outside circumstances, i.e. a strat battle. Bans go into effect instantly, and since he intentionally TKed before the strat battle, he was banned before the battle. However due to respect for the other members of the faction, I allowed him to participate in it. After speaking with Desire, she suggested that he should have a longer ban time if he refused to confess it was intentional, since we were granting him mercy he was undeserving of otherwise. Not sure how enforcing clearly established rules is power tripping by your definition, but okay.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 09:01:49 am by Jona »

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Schoi

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2015, 10:15:46 am »
Bans do not normally get postponed due to outside circumstances, i.e. a strat battle. Bans go into effect instantly, and since he intentionally TKed before the strat battle, he was banned before the battle. However due to respect for the other members of the faction, I allowed him to participate in it. After speaking with Desire, she suggested that he should have a longer ban time if he refused to confess it was intentional, since we were granting him mercy he was undeserving of otherwise. Not sure how enforcing clearly established rules is power tripping by your definition, but okay.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

For one tk?
Best quote

Well fact is, NA players are mostly casual normies not knowing mechanics & who would have no chance against competitive EU players on the same ping.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2015, 10:46:34 am »
Please tell me where in the rules it says "One intentional TK is a non-bannable offense." Not to mention for a repeat offender.

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Schoi

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2015, 11:14:06 am »
Please tell me where in the rules it says "One intentional TK is a non-bannable offense." Not to mention for a repeat offender.

That was not my issue, however in the rules it does say this. "Admin bans can be either temporary (1 hour) or "permanent"."

1 hour, not four. Also one teamkill should be a warning, regardless if he has had some trouble in the past, but whenever other people tk someone, there is typically a warning, not even a kick, or a ban.

In my opinion I just think that you got mad at Joan for some reason, and decided to throw a fit similar to a child in a toy store. Next you might've proceeded to try and get perhaps, revenge? By using your newly granted administrative commands.

Ah also, not relating to the topic but I noticed a possible error in the rules page "Breaking a rule may net you a warning" I'm 99% sure they meant "get" and not "net".
Best quote

Offline Tristan_of_Erzoth

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 1000
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Tristan_of_Erzoth, Sorcerer_Tholamin, Big_Dick_McCallister
  • IRC nick: wtf is an IRC
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2015, 11:41:31 am »
I like how Saint gets banned for 4 hours for one TK, whereas people like Skooks, Bicep, Cwnhield, etc etc never seem to get punished by any other admins. I've been trying to be somewhat lenient with my bans, giving warnings before just banning someone straight up. I was on the other day and there was at least 4 other admins on and for some reason I was the only one doing the police work.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/evilmagic/

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2015, 11:56:47 am »
+5
I am quite certain that the "(1 hour)" is there as an example of what a temporary ban might be. Remember there are plenty of players who do not speak English as their primary language, and that might help clarify it for them, I don't know. The rules also go on to say that permanent can mean a day or two, so there's that.

One teamkill might be a warning, if it was someone's first time breaking said rule. If a new player hops onto crpg and for some reason assumes that s/he can do as s/he pleases and starts teamkilling anyone, then a warning might would be appropriate to familiarize said player with the rules. If someone who has been playing the game for several years intentionally teamkills someone for the fifth, sixth, or seventh time, then no, s/he doesn't deserve any more warnings.

Typically in my experience, the TKers are the raging ones, as TKing someone is a "good way to get back at them." In response to his TKing me I merely sighed, thought to myself "Well he done goofed" and proceeded to hive him a slap no the wrist, because yes, that is all this was. Four hours is nothing compared to what he deserved based on the standard for repeat offenders of this degree. Not to mention he was unbanned to be able to participate in both strat battles tonight, so he probably didn't even lose any precious playtime anyways. Stop trying to blow this way out of proportion by stating his supposed innocence and trying to convince myself and others that the punishment was too harsh, as it was pretty much as lenient as possible. This will serve as his "warning," and should there be a next time, the ban will be longer, with no exceptions for "precious" strat battles.

I like how Saint gets banned for 4 hours for one TK, whereas people like Skooks, Bicep, Cwnhield, etc etc never seem to get punished by any other admins. I've been trying to be somewhat lenient with my bans, giving warnings before just banning someone straight up. I was on the other day and there was at least 4 other admins on and for some reason I was the only one doing the police work.

Every admin has a different tolerance level. And there is a huge difference between Skooks and Bicep running off into a corner and doing their own thing and someone TKing some random player out of rage. If players on Skooks'/Bicep's team complain how they are dragging them down, then yeah I'd give a warning/ban. If no one complains then no punishment is necessary as far as I'm concerned. Just last night I witnessed two different players TK archers on their team simply for "ruining the game." They were both promptly banned since they, once again, were repeat offenders who knew better. Each archer complained about it to me, said it was completely uncalled for, and having witnessed them, I agreed. This case was no different. I too am a player that has the right to not be TKed by anyone on a whim.

P.S. "Net" can also mean "gain," so it can arguably be used there. Sure, "get" would make it easier to understand, and it probably makes more sense to use it there, but there is nothing inherently wrong with choosing to use "net" instead.

Offline Rando

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2015, 05:08:21 pm »

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

I didn't witness this event happen myself, but I trust Saint when he says it wasn't intentional. The action afterward (regardless of whether or not it was intentional) was bullshit, you are an admin in this game - not the parent of a child. Doing that reeked of power tripping, and I'm sticking to my appraisal of the situation.
Women cannot be autistic, because that implies otherwise well functioning brain to be impaired in some way. We know that women posses no such thing.

Offline Switchtense

• King
  • Renown: 1137
  • Infamy: 137
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • poking you where the sun dont shine!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns, BIRD CLAN BEST CLAN!
  • Game nicks: All sorts of Switch's
  • IRC nick: Switchtense
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2015, 06:07:34 pm »
+1
I didn't witness this event happen myself, but I have decided that it probably was intentional despite not having witnessed it.

There, now our stupidity is cancelled out and admins can continue to refer to people who were there.

So purposely caused stupidity is equally as stupid as genuine stupidity? I always thought the latter outweighs the former.
For all the non-believers, look no further than this thread for proof that while strat battles are won/lost in NA3/EU3, strat wars are won and lost on the forums.

Offline Rando

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2015, 06:07:47 pm »
I didn't witness this event happen myself, but I have decided that it probably was intentional despite not having witnessed it.

There, now our stupidity is cancelled out and admins can continue to refer to people who were there.

Congratulations on another excellent shitpost, HESKEYTIME. Keep up the good work and you'll reach 10,000 cRPG forum posts in no time.

:lol:

Offline StonedSteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 717
  • Infamy: 400
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2015, 06:38:20 pm »
+3
the admins here are all racist frenchmans. jona included. what can u do? u have to pick na admins from na, and most na players....sigh, are fuckin racist frenchmans.

least jona offered to let him play the strat...tris u banned me right b4 a strat battle with ur faction...so stfu about leniency, if it was someone else who broke voncrows tower,,,they wouldnt have been banned, but u dont like me, so i was

if it was someone other then Joan, jona would have given a warning and let them off. but jona doesnt like joan...so joan gets a bullshit ban for a minor thing.

and cwen is allers, who got banned for doing what Arms does every fucking day. so again, shut the fuck up Tris, dont hear u bitching at arms, i dont hear anyone bitching at arms, even though hes clearly suicide leeching. but he'll never get banned for it.

but eh, thats this community for u. hypocritical and full of shit you all are.

I REMEMBER PLAYING IN RAIN
THROUGH THE NIGHTFALL WITH FOG
THAT CLOGGED UP OUR EYES
BUT IM MORE HORRIFIED OF A MOD
I NO LONGER RECOGNIZE