Author Topic: [NA] HappyPhantom  (Read 29433 times)

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Barabe
  • Game nicks: POOPHAMMER
Re: [NA] HappyPhantom
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2015, 01:17:48 am »
+2
You guys gotta learn how to play to your admins... it's a fun minigame. I would almost never ban anyone for "chat abuse" unless there is someone that is complaining about it in a non-trolling manner. In this case Tristan, Desire, and myself probably wouldn't have done anything, or issued a warning/mute first. Still, this doesn't make this behavior acceptable. I don't find it funny, and I understand that some 14 year olds out there might, but they should at least know that it is still wrong to say, and the consequences of trying to be funny more often than not lead to mutes or bans.

Someone's got to after the disappearance of Dracul's attorney.  :wink:

Yeah there was, he changed his name to EyeBeat_the_Wanderer a long time ago though, and now his name is simply EyeBeat. Maybe he's got an alt with that name still, I dunno.

I have only banned 1 person for chat abuse but he certainly earned it. Personally I woulda never banned for the comments by rando but to each their own. If you are going to pick a theme where your name and gimmick can easily offend someone then you better be ready for whatever backlash comes with it. Just my 2 cents :)
Uther Pendragon: dont worry i wasnt planning on trusting you anyway

Offline HappyPhantom

• Earl
  • Renown: 440
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew pew, your face!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul, Always Take the Shot.
  • Game nicks: HappyPhantom, Marys of the Sea, Ancient of Mu Mu.
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2015, 01:23:55 am »
+1
(click to show/hide)

Truly the internet is a wonderful place.
(click to show/hide)
"Darklands" - The greatest game you never played: now on Steam http://store.steampowered.com/app/327930 | http://www.darklands.net/index.shtml
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2015, 01:28:56 am »
+1
(click to show/hide)

Truly the internet is a wonderful place.
(click to show/hide)

Yep, a place where you can be as edgy as you want without worrying about irl repercussions

Offline Rando

• Duke
  • Renown: 593
  • Infamy: 183
  • cRPG Player
  • Chairman of the Refuge Against Domestic Violence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2015, 01:33:06 am »
We definitely need some way to actually file formal complaints about admins, without posting in these useless feedback threads. They just lead to meaningless flame wars, and dickriders constantly antagonizing anyone who leaves negative feedback.
Women cannot be autistic, because that implies otherwise well functioning brain to be impaired in some way. We know that women posses no such thing.

Offline mcdeath

• Marshall
  • Renown: 797
  • Infamy: 349
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2015, 01:35:20 am »
+3
We definitely need some way to actually file formal complaints about admins, without posting in these useless feedback threads. They just lead to meaningless flame wars, and dickriders constantly antagonizing anyone who leaves negative feedback.

I'll ride anyones dick any day of the week. 24/7 365

But really though, if you can't handle a simple joke, regardless of whether you find it funny or not, if you overreact to something that minuscule you really need to get off the internet.
McDeath: This guy doesn't shut his lip, but he's one of the funniest players in-game.

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2015, 01:43:36 am »

I am sure making a separate thread about it will raise a lot of attention to it if its really a big enough deal, like actual abuse. The head admins do read feedback though, I see them browsing when there are new posts made. I am sure if an admin did something worth worth being punished over they would lose their job, like I did a few years ago.

Offline Just A Random Pizza Guy

• Count
  • Renown: 153
  • Infamy: 3
  • Bottom Shot NA/Ban thread Attorney.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul/Fuck Ravens
  • Game nicks: Random_Pizza_Guy
« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2015, 02:27:35 am »
+3
They just lead to meaningless flame wars, and dickriders constantly antagonizing anyone who leaves negative feedback.

Sir, Brio, Butthole Juggler, and Dearest friend.

As a completely inactive member of this community, allow me to say, Happy Phantom is here to stop the geists from coming through. A necessary evil, considering her sense of outright entitlement. I mean, Who in their right mind would take offense to rape and abuse culture perpetuation against females, especially considering her gender situation, for shame happy phantom . That being said. If you would like in on the dickriding maybe you should stop mansplaining on the forums and meet me at your local Denny's bathroom, 20 minutes past Four on April, 20th.

Offline chesterotab

• Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 634
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2015, 02:37:08 am »
Too much discussion, not enough dank domestic abuse memes.

▲ ▲

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2015, 07:39:30 am »
+2
(click to show/hide)

Speak of the devil...

Get out McDeath, you're no longer needed.

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline mcdeath

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2015, 02:14:13 pm »
+2
Speak of the devil...

Get out McDeath, you're no longer needed.

I'm never needed and I'm never wanted but I'm here.
McDeath: This guy doesn't shut his lip, but he's one of the funniest players in-game.

Offline Switchtense

• King
  • Renown: 1137
  • Infamy: 137
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • poking you where the sun dont shine!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns, BIRD CLAN BEST CLAN!
  • Game nicks: All sorts of Switch's
  • IRC nick: Switchtense
« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2015, 02:49:13 pm »
+1
I'm never needed and I'm never wanted but I'm here.

I get the same feeling everytime I cast a commander poll for myself.
For all the non-believers, look no further than this thread for proof that while strat battles are won/lost in NA3/EU3, strat wars are won and lost on the forums.

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2015, 10:04:27 pm »
+7
I'll ride anyones dick any day of the week. 24/7 365

Yeah, you will!

Hi, I'm reporting in to give me un-wanted, un-needed, and un-realistic opinion again!

There should be absolutely no admin action taken in response to chat, unless legitimate threats of violence, personal information, or rabid and unceasing harassment are involved.

In nearly any contemporary multiplayer game, there is as easy-to-use "mute" function. Players should be responsible for their own emotional and mental well-being; if someone says something that is offensive, the offended player should mute them.

Of course, an admin does not have this luxury. They can't locally mute someone in case they do engage in one of the 3 scenarios above.

Still, I feel that admins also should not have the luxury to take personal offense to anything that doesn't fit in the bastardly three "legit threats, irl info, constant harassment" because of this.

I love me some HappyPhantom, don't get me wrong. She's been very nice to everyone when I've shared a TS with her, and I do have a soft spot for Kiwis. But an admin should not, ideally, take personal offense or opinion into account when admining the server.

(click to show/hide)

Afterthought: It really IS a shitty situation, because you'll have one guy that's actually hilarious and cool using "edgy" humour or whatever, and it's great. Then a bunch of highschoolers see that shit and are like "yeah, I can do that too! friend friend friend women are just vaginas w legs lol gas the amigos race war now"

And it isn't even funny. Well, I take that back. I'm fucking immature, so I think all of it is absolutely hilarious. But I don't think it's objectively funny, or funny to very many people aside from other 15-year-olds.

Basically I'm a huge cunt that argues for freedom of speech not only because of muh ideals, but because I find low-brow humour absolutely wonderful.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 10:55:55 pm by Sandersson Jankins »

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline mcdeath

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 07, 2015, 11:14:31 pm »
+2
(click to show/hide)

Offline JasonPastman

• Count
  • Renown: 285
  • Infamy: 113
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guys That CMP Has Quoted [GTCHQ]
  • Game nicks: Jason_The_Great
« Reply #43 on: July 31, 2015, 10:05:37 am »
He's no Picard

If a majority be united by a common interest, the rights of the minority will be insecure - James Madison
It is not wisdom but Authority that makes a law - Thomas Hobbes.
Too busy not giving a fuck...

Offline Schoi

• Duke
  • Renown: 578
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: small weiner
  • Game nicks: Skoi, Schoi, jus_the_tip_bby_feel_rlygud
« Reply #44 on: October 01, 2015, 05:38:31 am »
+2
Shit admin banned me for shitty reason with 2 day ban for a very minor offense with the public on my side fucking shit admin shit shit shit Raven trash gay homo gg gonna spam forum because gay gg
Best quote

Well fact is, NA players are mostly casual normies not knowing mechanics & who would have no chance against competitive EU players on the same ping.