Author Topic: [NA] HappyPhantom  (Read 29432 times)

Offline Rando

• Duke
  • Renown: 593
  • Infamy: 183
  • cRPG Player
  • Chairman of the Refuge Against Domestic Violence.
    • View Profile
Re: [NA] HappyPhantom
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2015, 09:28:12 am »
A mere joke lead to a ban. That's not what a game with population problems needs.

A mute AT MOST, if you really felt the need to (ridiculous, it's the internet).
All I'm saying is - get yourself in check. Your feelings being hurt doesn't give you the right to ban anyone.
Women cannot be autistic, because that implies otherwise well functioning brain to be impaired in some way. We know that women posses no such thing.

Offline Switchtense

• King
  • Renown: 1137
  • Infamy: 137
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • poking you where the sun dont shine!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns, BIRD CLAN BEST CLAN!
  • Game nicks: All sorts of Switch's
  • IRC nick: Switchtense
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2015, 09:39:33 am »
+3
Didn't think you would comply with my request so soon really.
For all the non-believers, look no further than this thread for proof that while strat battles are won/lost in NA3/EU3, strat wars are won and lost on the forums.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline HappyPhantom

• Earl
  • Renown: 440
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew pew, your face!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul, Always Take the Shot.
  • Game nicks: HappyPhantom, Marys of the Sea, Ancient of Mu Mu.
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2015, 11:31:14 am »
+1
A mere joke lead to a ban. That's not what a game with population problems needs.

All I'm saying is - get yourself in check. Your feelings being hurt doesn't give you the right to ban anyone.

Domestic abuse, hilarious, for sure.

(click to show/hide)
"Darklands" - The greatest game you never played: now on Steam http://store.steampowered.com/app/327930 | http://www.darklands.net/index.shtml

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • Renown: 925
  • Infamy: 205
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Elderly Woman
  • IRC nick: Nightingale
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2015, 12:26:45 pm »
+4

If you feel like you shouldn't say it; you probably shouldn't and if no one taught you any better... don't worry we will teach you.

Offline Tristan_of_Erzoth

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 1000
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Tristan_of_Erzoth, Sorcerer_Tholamin, Big_Dick_McCallister
  • IRC nick: wtf is an IRC
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2015, 12:48:17 pm »
Not gonna lie, I chuckled pretty heartily at that joke. And Desire, didn't you tell someone when he was asking for somone to be banned for calling him a my old friend to just get thicker skin?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/evilmagic/

Offline HappyPhantom

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew pew, your face!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2015, 02:19:56 pm »
Not gonna lie, I chuckled pretty heartily at that joke. And Desire, didn't you tell someone when he was asking for somone to be banned for calling him a my old friend to just get thicker skin?

Perhaps you could explain it to me, maybe I just didn't get it... Name is Wifebeater... implies he beats (hits) his wife.. not just at chess, but physically, otherwise next part wouldn't make sense right? So wife didn't do something she was clearly supposed to, and gets given black eye by.. beating - cos ties back to name right - and, hitting women is funny? Cos she didn't do something you wanted her to do? Did I get it?

Maybe American humour is different. Cos spelled different.

Tristan, people can call me names all they want in a game, I ain't gonna take offense - but making wife beater jokes, how is that even funny, really?
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 02:23:39 pm by HappyPhantom »
"Darklands" - The greatest game you never played: now on Steam http://store.steampowered.com/app/327930 | http://www.darklands.net/index.shtml

Offline mcdeath

• Marshall
  • Renown: 797
  • Infamy: 349
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2015, 04:49:59 pm »
+2
I wasn't there so I have no knowledge of the background to the situation but if you are banning someone for making a comment about domestic abuse is ridiculous.

Last time I checked the was an admin whose name is eye_beat_women. You should probably ban him as well and remove his administrative powers.

(click to show/hide)
McDeath: This guy doesn't shut his lip, but he's one of the funniest players in-game.

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2015, 07:53:35 pm »

That I did. I personally don't care about the joke but if another admin bans/kicks/mutes for such things its perfectly within the limitations of the rules as of right now.
I wouldn't have ever done anything about this personally but I wasn't there; don't know anything about the situation so I'm just spewing shit. If happy thinks there was reason enough for whatever it is they did. Then there probably was reason enough for it.

Mcdeath you argue everyone's case.  :lol:

Offline mcdeath

• Marshall
  • Renown: 797
  • Infamy: 349
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2015, 09:14:02 pm »
+4
I argue everyone's case because I'm bored at work. If I can help spark drama or end a fued or just flat out shit post, I'll be there when I can.
McDeath: This guy doesn't shut his lip, but he's one of the funniest players in-game.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2015, 09:30:08 pm »
+1
You guys gotta learn how to play to your admins... it's a fun minigame. I would almost never ban anyone for "chat abuse" unless there is someone that is complaining about it in a non-trolling manner. In this case Tristan, Desire, and myself probably wouldn't have done anything, or issued a warning/mute first. Still, this doesn't make this behavior acceptable. I don't find it funny, and I understand that some 14 year olds out there might, but they should at least know that it is still wrong to say, and the consequences of trying to be funny more often than not lead to mutes or bans.

Mcdeath you argue everyone's case.  :lol:

Someone's got to after the disappearance of Dracul's attorney.  :wink:

Last time I checked the was an admin whose name is eye_beat_women. You should probably ban him as well and remove his administrative powers.

Yeah there was, he changed his name to EyeBeat_the_Wanderer a long time ago though, and now his name is simply EyeBeat. Maybe he's got an alt with that name still, I dunno.

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2015, 12:32:48 am »
Yeah there was, he changed his name to EyeBeat_the_Wanderer a long time ago though, and now his name is simply EyeBeat. Maybe he's got an alt with that name still, I dunno.

I believe he was told to change his name.

Offline HappyPhantom

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew pew, your face!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2015, 12:34:30 am »
+2
Someone's got to after the disappearance of Dracul's attorney.  :wink:

R.I.P Dracul ded clan. :cry:

Offline Rando

• Duke
  • Renown: 593
  • Infamy: 183
  • cRPG Player
  • Chairman of the Refuge Against Domestic Violence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2015, 12:37:23 am »
Domestic abuse, hilarious, for sure.

(click to show/hide)

Yeah, it was funny. Sometimes people make dark jokes.

Perhaps you could explain it to me, maybe I just didn't get it... Name is Wifebeater... implies he beats (hits) his wife.. not just at chess, but physically, otherwise next part wouldn't make sense right? So wife didn't do something she was clearly supposed to, and gets given black eye by.. beating - cos ties back to name right - and, hitting women is funny? Cos she didn't do something you wanted her to do? Did I get it?

Maybe American humour is different. Cos spelled different.

Tristan, people can call me names all they want in a game, I ain't gonna take offense - but making wife beater jokes, how is that even funny, really?

You don't get to ban me just because you didn't find my joke funny.
Also, I'm sure you've overlooked jokes that involved males being involved in violence. Is it only "not ok omg" when a woman is getting hurt? We are playing a game where you KILL people, including women. An off-collar joke about wife beating is something you might see on a PG-13 comedian's performance, lol.
I don't want to see cRPG become some social justice warrior haven like native GK servers.

I was only banned for an hour - which in itself isn't a huge deal, but it's on my record now, even though it should've never happened to begin with.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 12:55:07 am by RandoHg »
Women cannot be autistic, because that implies otherwise well functioning brain to be impaired in some way. We know that women posses no such thing.

Offline chesterotab

• Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 634
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2015, 01:05:55 am »
+6
This thread needed a theme, thanks rando.

Domestic abuse is a great theme.

▲ ▲

Offline Tristan_of_Erzoth

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 1000
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Tristan_of_Erzoth, Sorcerer_Tholamin, Big_Dick_McCallister
  • IRC nick: wtf is an IRC
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2015, 01:12:32 am »
Comedy=Tragedy+Time.

Is someone getting abused bad? Yes it is. Does that mean it can't be funny under the right circumstances? No. Even from an early age, comedy is bad things happening to other people(gettin hit in the nuts, people stepping on rakes, etc). So I dont think Rando was overstepping any bounds with his joke, he wasn't specifically targeting Happy(If he saids something more like "Happy should get beaten", I'd say it'd warrant a ban(I believe the first guy said something similar)). But no, I dont think this is a ban worthy offense at all

http://steamcommunity.com/id/evilmagic/