Author Topic: 'more than ramen'  (Read 11440 times)

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
Re: 'more than ramen'
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2014, 06:08:53 pm »
+4
thread about helping devs get good food for little money turns into vain muscletalk.

yay.

What we should really be talking about is getting the devs a gym membership so they can join in on vain muscletalk.

edit: if all the devs got into a fight who would win? Who is stronkest
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2014, 06:13:11 pm »
+6
What we should really be talking about is getting the devs a gym membership so they can join in on vain muscletalk.

edit: if all the devs got into a fight who would win? Who is stronkest

The final showdown would be between Harald's Death Stare and Zimke's Medusa Beard.

A dance for the ages.

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2014, 07:54:15 pm »
btw if in a hurry,  i usually throw a raw egg into thy ramen,  makes it a lot better : )

also its weird,  everytime i read ramen,  i think "hymen"

wtf -.-
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline agweber

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Beware the Coming of the Great White Handkerchief
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FIDLGB
  • Game nicks: Armentia, Ranged
  • IRC nick: agweber
« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2014, 08:06:27 pm »
+1
btw if in a hurry,  i usually throw a raw egg into thy ramen,  makes it a lot better : )

wtf -.-

My wife does that a lot. It just makes a texture that I can't handle. If instead of stirring it in and just letting it poach instead I might be willing to do that.

Also, if shit goes south, I second the airdropping food for the devs. Send em' lentils and shit and get a digital house in return *cough*

Offline lombardsoup

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 222
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2014, 08:20:25 pm »
My wife does that a lot. It just makes a texture that I can't handle. If instead of stirring it in and just letting it poach instead I might be willing to do that.

Also, if shit goes south, I second the airdropping food for the devs. Send em' lentils and shit and get a digital house in return *cough*

Pshh, they gettin a pressure canner, some jars, and a recipe book

Ball jars be Ballin'

Offline MeevarTheMighty

• Count
  • Renown: 242
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • http://www.afp.gov.au/what-we-do/
  • Faction: RDP
  • Game nicks: Genemeve et al
« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2014, 10:04:12 pm »
+2
I read these two together:

wtf -.-

My wife does that a lot.

Poor you. Sounds like she has more expensive tastes than the average ramen dependant.

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2014, 02:13:46 am »
I find it hard too believe that there are good cRPG players who are also big bodybuilders with little fat.
Actually I don't think there are many bodybuilders that are among the top players in any game...

If you are not either skinny or fat you are not a gamer. Period.

Post pictures with your cRPG name or I don't believe it.

PS
I'm also a "bodybuilder" but I have very little muscles and quite a lot of fat...

depends what you mean by bodybuilder (: .. working out, putting on muscle, isn't really hard when you know the basics .. lift up heavy thing, put down, lift different heavy thing, put down, eat some food, eat lots of food, repeat .. it's just about your capacity for boredom aka "motivation" / genetics

.. i imagine there are a lot of people who work out who play crpg. (probably lots of fatties and skinnies as well though)

more importantly, why does anyone care if someone you play games with on the internet has muscles :P .. ? is it important :D
I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline Bittersteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 919
  • Infamy: 199
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Créme
  • Game nicks: Tybalt_von_Krems, Lennart_Bladh
  • IRC nick: Bittersteel
« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2014, 08:36:04 am »
depends what you mean by bodybuilder (: .. working out, putting on muscle, isn't really hard when you know the basics .. lift up heavy thing, put down, lift different heavy thing, put down, eat some food, eat lots of food, repeat .. it's just about your capacity for boredom aka "motivation" / genetics

.. i imagine there are a lot of people who work out who play crpg. (probably lots of fatties and skinnies as well though)

more importantly, why does anyone care if someone you play games with on the internet has muscles :P .. ? is it important :D

Motivation = Genetics? Dafuq

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2014, 09:12:28 am »
+2

More like genetics means how muscular you can get without needing equal effort.  Some black people and slavs, for example, tend to become insanely ripped and strong without much effort compared to others. I've heard hispanic and white fitness/bulking friends rage at how ripped black people get compared to them and how it made no sense. I've had 5'6 unathletic but thick and tough black dudes lift me feet off the ground (6'1 180 pounds) like I was a baby just to prove how pro they were which was real funny.

I'm half Polish and have had "retard strength" my whole life, effortlessly shitting on dedicated people's records for lifting weights and stuff. I even got the most pullups for a year in my highschool's  gym class by doing 27 or so and not even thinking it was a big deal but my gym teacher getting all pissed that I was a slacker non-athletic druggie dude owning everyone.

I wrestled before highschool too and had to laugh at some of the people in my "heavyweight division." One puerto-rican talented basketball player type dude wasn't as strong as me but real agile and fast, athletic, and gave me real good training by kicking my ass. Some other was a black dude 6'4 220+ pounds who looked real intimidating but he had some weak fucking genes and had the strength of a child. I tossed him around like nothing and probably got worse at wrestling by his pathetic lack of power.

Slavs dominate strength-based international sports, and African-Americans are almost across the board the star-athletes in American sports that require a combination of agility and power. Currently Kenyans are like the Gods of the Marathon as well.

People get all awkward talking about it cuz its kind of racist/eugenic type talk and leads to bad stereotypes but you have to be fucking ignorant to think that your genetics and ethnic heritage do not influence your physical shape.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Micah

• Duke
  • Renown: 539
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Micah_Senpai_von_Krems Glance_the_Useless_von_Krems Arielle_the_little_Mermaid
« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2014, 10:52:31 am »
+3
Food and early age environment(which also includes food tho) influence everything way more than genes. Some people at least (over-)generalize "gene-code" to include those major factors in a way, which is but still quite a twisted idea of how things are actually working. The actual stereotypical missconception isnt really in the "racial" category thinking of many people in this case, but in the misinterpretation of what genes are actually for and what they do in a body.

I can only recommend anyone interrested in gene-vs-environment interaction and alot of other interresting stuff about humans, the Stanford lectures from endocrynologist Robert Sapolsky
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNnIGh9g6fA
No shit, this guy really got the grove on all this shit... and its pretty entertaining and quite easy to grasp as its also pretty mind blowing insight that can take you a long way to understanding important things imo ;) hf
btw: i recommend to watch all of those lectures, eventhough it seems alot ... it will certainly not be wasted ;p
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 03:30:20 am by Micah »
I am writing long winded essays in shitty english.

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2014, 03:45:02 pm »
+1

probably should've used a comma instead of a /, but i meant it's down to motivation and genetics (separate factors).

more importantly, who cares if the guy on the other side of the keyboard has big muscles? what use are big muscles anyway in life? i used to work in a job where i needed to be strong, so i went to the gym a lot. when i stopped that job, i stopped going to the gym. i dont understand why people go to the gym to get these big muscles, and never use them for anything. it just seems like the most colossal waste of time.
I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline FleetFox

• Marshall
  • Renown: 711
  • Infamy: 72
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Fox Shox Rox
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Norsemen
  • Game nicks: Norse_Torr and FleetFox
« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2014, 04:06:42 pm »
+1
All this stuff about vain as hell body building shit, do what I do, as our ancestors did just get out the door and Run!

I can run 15 miles in a morning (2 hours) no sweat, its not hard just get out there you lazy bums, also don't join in with the herd going to the gym, this whole gym concept only took off with the masses less than 10 years ago. You are better than that, be the independent strong willed person you know you are :)

edit: don't forget to do some strength and conditioning body weight exercies to complement, ya need strong arms and a very strong core. (I need to work on this one)
"Its better to die on your feet than to live on your knees."
― Emiliano Zapata

Offline lombardsoup

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 222
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2014, 04:11:37 pm »
+1
Didn't know this was the cRPG branch of Gold's Gym.  The bigger the biceps, the lower the self esteem

Offline no_rules_just_play

• King
  • Renown: 1401
  • Infamy: 384
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE; Peasants United; Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: CapraAegagrusHircus_HRE; no_rules_just_play_HRE
  • IRC nick: norulesjustplay
« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2014, 05:23:17 pm »
+2
All this stuff about vain as hell body building shit, do what I do, as our ancestors did just get out the door and Run!

I can run 15 miles in a morning (2 hours) no sweat, its not hard just get out there you lazy bums, also don't join in with the herd going to the gym, this whole gym concept only took off with the masses less than 10 years ago. You are better than that, be the independent strong willed person you know you are :)

edit: don't forget to do some strength and conditioning body weight exercies to complement, ya need strong arms and a very strong core. (I need to work on this one)
I tip my fedora to you good sir :^)

Offline Riddaren

• Duke
  • Renown: 601
  • Infamy: 298
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Riddaren, Matthaus
« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2014, 07:31:35 pm »
+1

If you got a nice looking body, why spend so much time on a computer game? No one can see the body. It's a waste.
The whole point of having a strong sexy body is to show it off somehow or make use of it to your advantage, whatever it might be.

You don't get any advantages in a computer game, I'm just saying.
Us skinnes/fatties will always have the upperhand. Atleast that's what I thought until now.

Fuck it, I cannot be a worse player than a gymmy old friend.

I challenge the first muscle man to post an authentic picture of himself to duels with big bets.

- Best of 1 duel
- Melee only, no shield

I'm willing to bet up to 20 +3 items.