Author Topic: 22k$ - A small word to the community  (Read 10475 times)

Offline matt2507

• King
  • Renown: 1013
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • It is when making anything that we become anyone.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Raylin The_Village_Idiot Mohamed_Ali
Re: 22k$ - A small word to the community
« Reply #60 on: November 30, 2014, 04:46:38 pm »
Bunch of whinney ass white flaggers.

And no one is French !
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

No donkeys were harmed in the making of this gif.

Offline Nessaj

• King
  • Renown: 1399
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ▃ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇
    • View Profile
    • Vanguard
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Cooties
  • IRC nick: Nessaj
« Reply #61 on: November 30, 2014, 06:04:44 pm »
+4
@Nessaj: Can we get a list of people you have already adressed in any way? That can help us in return to see where we can don't need to and where we still should establish some kind of contact...

As it stands right now you should feel free to contact anything, the only people we have direct ties to is YouTubers/Twitch-streamers.

You shouldn't worry about if X/Y has been contacted, it doesn't matter if someone already sent a mail to a specific editor, youtuber, blogger and so on. How do you think effect is best acquired, that 1 person ever sends a mail, or that a bunch of people do so it actually leaves an impression of "hey this game got an active community that wants to help it out". What matters is that there's no spam (overall) or duplicate official mails coming from the development team - the latter we're tracking internally ourselves.

This means, don't use email templates they're a terrible impression. If you do decide to actually email something, post who you sent to in the Task Force forum, in the appropriate Language threads.

When we have the new 'big update' ready, everyone is getting a mail again, something we can push, something where everyone can actually join and play-test the game.

What we need right now is that people go out there and seek out where Melee already is and then keep those posts engaged, don't spam, don't be hostile, don't be annoying, and try to not use templates if possible (everyone likes things to be more personal) - answer people's questions or talk more about the game if the OP is lacking etc. The few places that this did happen, like at RockPaperShotgun, we actually saw a nice increase in pledges coming directly from that site, likewise for those who have done good effort on reddit.  Everyone who commented and kept those sites engaged you're awesome!

Make sure national level (anything not English) at least knows we exist. We have a ton of Subtitles now for the Kickstarter + Stronghold video, that should help.

If anyone has any specific questions feel free to send me a PM.
Things don't exist simply because you believe in them, thus sayeth the almighty creature in the sky!

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 01, 2014, 08:32:23 am »
Kinda demotivating though to post in threads where 100% of the posts are from people inside this community. People sometimes don't even say it's shit or what, just nothing...

Anyway we'll keep on trying :wink:
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 10:23:28 am by The_Bloody_Nine »

Offline traxits

• Cuck
  • Earl
  • Renown: 404
  • Infamy: 109
  • cRPG Player
  • The weakest of the Three Scumlords.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Scumlord_Ephemeral
« Reply #63 on: December 02, 2014, 06:22:14 am »
I've been retweeting most of the things Sentri tweets about the kickstarter to my above average follower-base (THE E-PEEN IS SO FUCKING REAL.) (also not following the melee account, sorry fam, can't afford to skew my follower/following ratio.)

And I'm not sure if this has already been answered or not and sorry if it has, but I don't have 3 hours to spend reading this novel of a thread. I only got my grade 10 and us nova scotians aren't great at words, but if I donate $150 and you guys don't reach the number do i still get my stuff? Or is my $150 gone and my trailer taken away because i couldn't pay the rent
Dear traxits
You have received a warning for being a total twat.
Best Regards,
The cRPG Forum Team
Today at 04:50:44 pm   Constant Shitposting   +100

Offline lombardsoup

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 222
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 02, 2014, 06:26:30 am »
I've been retweeting most of the things Sentri tweets about the kickstarter to my above average follower-base (THE E-PEEN IS SO FUCKING REAL.) (also not following the melee account, sorry fam, can't afford to skew my follower/following ratio.)

And I'm not sure if this has already been answered or not and sorry if it has, but I don't have 3 hours to spend reading this novel of a thread. I only got my grade 10 and us nova scotians aren't great at words, but if I donate $150 and you guys don't reach the number do i still get my stuff? Or is my $150 gone and my trailer taken away because i couldn't pay the rent

At least you won't be charged when if it does fail
« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 06:33:30 am by lombardsoup »

Offline Corwin

• Earl
  • Renown: 499
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Corwin_the_Lazy
« Reply #65 on: December 03, 2014, 12:43:38 pm »
I have one question: Why is the time for support limited to only 30 days? I saw there are projects on kickstarter that last for 45 days, is there any way to extend it?
I mean, what have you got to lose? You know, you come from nothing, you're going back to nothing, what have you lost? Nothing!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Bittersteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 919
  • Infamy: 199
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Créme
  • Game nicks: Tybalt_von_Krems, Lennart_Bladh
  • IRC nick: Bittersteel
« Reply #66 on: December 03, 2014, 01:07:31 pm »
You can't extend after you selected how long you want the kickstarted to be (30 or 60 days, I believe), 60 day projects don't seem to be as popular anyways.

Offline agweber

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Beware the Coming of the Great White Handkerchief
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FIDLGB
  • Game nicks: Armentia, Ranged
  • IRC nick: agweber
« Reply #67 on: December 03, 2014, 03:20:50 pm »
You can't extend after you selected how long you want the kickstarted to be (30 or 60 days, I believe), 60 day projects don't seem to be as popular anyways.

I believe you can do anything from 1 to 60 days. People just like 15-day intervals.

If the campaign was 60 days, it'd probably drop even further down the popularity list and start seeing no-backer days for several weeks. The first few days and the last few days are really the important days. How many days you have in between are considerably less important.