Author Topic: Number of ladders question  (Read 625 times)

Offline elvis1325

• Earl
  • Renown: 368
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
  • #REMEMBERYOSHI
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The People's Republic of Yoshi
  • Game nicks: Taril_Yoshi_III, Taril_the_Yoshi_Conscript
Number of ladders question
« on: October 01, 2014, 12:44:40 am »
+4
How many ladders are required to fuck shit up? Preferably for against a city/castle. I don't want to reenact the infamous squid "Siege of no ladders".
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

On the grand scale of Dwarven global threat assessment, Acre is currently ranked pretty low. Just slightly below Yoshis and factions that no longer exist.

Offline Bittersteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 919
  • Infamy: 199
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Créme
  • Game nicks: Tybalt_von_Krems, Lennart_Bladh
  • IRC nick: Bittersteel
Re: Number of ladders question
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2014, 12:57:36 am »
+8
WHO TOLD YOU, WHAT DO YOU MEAN?! I DONT KNOW, DONT ONLY TAKE TEN NOT THAT I KNOW I MEAN WHATEVER GOTTA GO BYE

Sorry about my freakout, it felt like someone was pulling my nerves. Anyways, I'll help you son, bring atleast 250, what castle are you gonna attack?

Whatever you do, do not bring ~15 with 2000 men attacking a castle with ~3 construction sites. For over half a year everytime I entered a server I was poked fun at. I went into a deep depression and had to change name and identity and bought a new key. For the siege of Etrosq castle shall always be remembered as a failure.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 01:05:28 am by Bittersteel »

Offline elvis1325

• Earl
  • #REMEMBERYOSHI
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2014, 01:22:14 am »
+2
WHO TOLD YOU, WHAT DO YOU MEAN?! I DONT KNOW, DONT ONLY TAKE TEN NOT THAT I KNOW I MEAN WHATEVER GOTTA GO BYE

Sorry about my freakout, it felt like someone was pulling my nerves. Anyways, I'll help you son, bring atleast 250, what castle are you gonna attack?

Whatever you do, do not bring ~15 with 2000 men attacking a castle with ~3 construction sites. For over half a year everytime I entered a server I was poked fun at. I went into a deep depression and had to change name and identity and bought a new key. For the siege of Etrosq castle shall always be remembered as a failure.

I have 200 right now, Ill buy 100 more or so. I will learn from the past. Thanks.

On the grand scale of Dwarven global threat assessment, Acre is currently ranked pretty low. Just slightly below Yoshis and factions that no longer exist.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2014, 02:04:14 am »
+3
I have 200 right now, Ill buy 100 more or so. I will learn from the past. Thanks.

Always have enough ranged ammo, better yet, have enough arrows to build a castle with x2. I learned that one the hard way.

Also, depends on the "type" of ladder. If you are hitting a "hard" castle, then plenty of ladders and siege heavy. It's it's a  "light" castle, less ladders, more siege gear. I'd say 250 is plenty on the majority of castles and cities. Always assume the worst, assume that you won't have the capability of using siege gear, every ladder will be bad, and a the enemy has chuck norris.

(Infamous squid siege of Tilbaut I assume? We want to talk about infamous, the  Britannic's assault on Curaw...with no siege gear(or like two csites). The whole team quit only fight for 50-100 tickets)

Offline imisshotmail

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 504
  • Infamy: 428
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2014, 02:10:15 am »
if you want to be extra safe get 800-1000 ladders (assuming the place you are attacking has 2k tickets+)

and try to use different types, medium, large and siege ladders because you want to get ladders into places they cannot be broken, and it's useful to have different sizes to get them in the best places.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2014, 02:18:49 am »
+3
My rule of thumb - 250 medium (only 2 slots) 150 large, and 200 siege (the tallest)
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline elvis1325

• Earl
  • #REMEMBERYOSHI
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2014, 02:30:24 am »
+1
Always have enough ranged ammo, better yet, have enough arrows to build a castle with x2. I learned that one the hard way.

Also, depends on the "type" of ladder. If you are hitting a "hard" castle, then plenty of ladders and siege heavy. It's it's a  "light" castle, less ladders, more siege gear. I'd say 250 is plenty on the majority of castles and cities. Always assume the worst, assume that you won't have the capability of using siege gear, every ladder will be bad, and a the enemy has chuck norris.

(Infamous squid siege of Tilbaut I assume? We want to talk about infamous, the  Britannic's assault on Curaw...with no siege gear(or like two csites). The whole team quit only fight for 50-100 tickets)

Tibault, thats the one. My ammo is plentiful, I just need to find a place to buy more bows.

Edit: On a completely unrelated note, can we please have new bhulaban back MB?
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 04:58:28 am by elvis1325 »

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2014, 03:09:20 pm »
Also you can just hire a ladder ninja like Knute or myself and we will lol all day as we place unbreakable fuck you sticks all over their poopy little castle.

Better yet build a catapult and begin fucking all their spawns up. Nothing quite like having players spawn and fall to their deaths only to log out and back in and have it happen all over again muhahahaahahhahahahaha mauhahahhahahahahahahahahhaahhahah... ha.
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline ARN_

• Duke
  • Renown: 605
  • Infamy: 210
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar Union
  • Game nicks: Kalmarunionen_Arn
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2014, 06:23:20 pm »

I remember that glorious day :D
'You think you tell us what we do?'
'We not here for you entertainment'.
Eastern European sportsmanship 2014

Offline Jack1

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 231
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jack1_, Abbud_Amari, The_Doc, Gottlob_Kohlman
  • IRC nick: Risen_Jack
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2014, 08:47:08 pm »
If you plan to do ladders only then 350-400 and 500 if you want to be safe. If you plan on using mostly catapults and seige towers then about 200
We're all nerds here, so it doesn't really matter.