Author Topic: Unban request (FakeKesh_BRD) EU3  (Read 3822 times)

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
Unban request (FakeKesh_BRD) EU3
« on: January 08, 2011, 08:40:52 pm »
     I was recently banned by cmpx yesterday for poll-banning enemy team in a strategus fight.  I have never previously poll banned during a straetgus fight.  The circumstances were unusual to say the elast.  None of the strategus battles are actually working.  We show up for the battles and it never initiates so both sides essentially do a staring contest to see who leaves first.  My team was kicked/banned in a neutral castle defense battle shortly before this one involving the grey order.  However, under the circumstance I made no complaint because after an hour it was the only way to end the fight that never was.
     What the Grey order members failed to mention was that an hour had already passed in this staring contest (much like if 1 person on enemy team who refuses to spawn and so can never end fight) and both sides were promising never to leave the server.  No admins were coming, pre-dawn hours in the EU.  Under most circumstances I would never do poll-ban eneemy team in strategus battle, but under the circumstances it was the only reasonable move to prevent the wasting of hours of both mine and my teammates' lives to no effect.
    The strategus battles are currently broken and under this particualr situation I do not consider it fair to be banned for a month by cmpx.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Leiknir

• Baron
  • Renown: 81
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen of Fenada / SeaRaiders
  • Game nicks: Leiknir
  • IRC nick: Leiknir
Re: Unban request (FakeKesh_BRD) EU3
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2011, 09:06:03 pm »
It was not an hour.
The castle fight was Turks vs Neutral, unrelated to grays.

What gives you the right to decide the 500 troops win against 3500? Gray Order tried to talk to you, only to get spammed in the chat. The reasonable move of your team would have been to leave, or atleast listen to the Grays
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 09:21:17 pm by Leiknir »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Yaron

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
  • I am daunkey guy!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Secret
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2011, 10:38:56 pm »
IMO this ban is legitim.

Unban on 1. Feb ...
[21:11] <chadz>   i intend to give the 0 army guys a man for free though
[21:12] <chadz>   there will be fun "WTF? I LOST TO ONE GUY BECAUSE NO ONE OF MY TEAM SHOWED UP" threads
[21:12] <chadz>   which will result in me laughing
[21:12] <chadz>   and a happy chadz is a coding chadz

Offline Keshian

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2011, 10:46:25 pm »
What gives you the right to delay the game for hours.  You didnt have any reasonable suggestions other then "I will never leave this server".  Is it somehow worse because you had more troops then the attackers?  Strategus is bugged, this was the only way to end it.  And yes it was 1 hour, started at midnight NA central time and wasnt even done until 1:15 NA central time.  If I thought there was another way I would have gone that route, I dont care who wins or loses, but my team had more palyers and this battle was never actually going to initiate so this was th eonly possibility.  There were no admins available at that hour for an EU server.  It really wasnt that different from that battle against the Pecores you fought months ago, leiknir where they ahd 2000 to your 500, but the last guy sapwned naked and would run around naked or would refuse to spawn.  In certain non-normal battle situations there is no other choice.  I didnt act in spite or with any ulterior motive, the match was bugged and only way to end it.

Under the same situation I would do the same thing again.  STRATEGUS BATTLES ARE CURRENTLY BUGGED/BROKEN... THERE IS NO WAY TO END THEM EXCEPT BY EVERYONE LEAVING ON ONE SIDE...IF YOU REFUSE TO LEAVE, NO ADMINS AVAILABLE, THEN YES YOU SHOULD BE POLL BANNED RATHER THAN WASTE 5 HOURS GETTING TO THE SAME OUTCOME!

If this was a real strategus battle, yes I wholeheartedly think I should get a 1 month ban, its a stupid way to win.  But this was not a real battle and it was not done as a way to win, but as a way to end  a bugged battle.  At the very least it should be a reasonable 1 week to 1 day ban under the given circumstances, its not like an actual battle was taking place, we were just two groups of people doing an e-staring contest.

Can any actual admin explain why this is a fair punishment under the strange circumstances of the current strategus battles?
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 11:12:15 pm by Keshian »

Offline Leiknir

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2011, 11:34:31 pm »
Still, why is the only possible way to end the staring contest by banning the team with way more tickets? Why not leave yourself, as the battle would have been lost for your side under normal circumstances anyways.

Offline Erasmas

• Earl
  • Renown: 483
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The crows had come
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Erasmas_the_Grey
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2011, 01:02:43 am »
I'd like to notice that we tried to resolve this issue by inviting Sir_Tankmen to our TS. We asked him to leave the battle without kicking competition. We got the reply - he can't stop kicking cause guys have fun doing that.

CMPX  - thank you for your reaction. I believe your sentence is justified. I also had a chat with our guys that also got banned for some time and they agreed it is justified. Poll kicking/banning is not a right solution in such cases. I believe this situation could have been resolved in amicable way.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 01:10:28 am by Erasmas »

Offline Keshian

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2011, 04:22:53 am »
I'd like to notice that we tried to resolve this issue by inviting Sir_Tankmen to our TS. We asked him to leave the battle without kicking competition. We got the reply - he can't stop kicking cause guys have fun doing that.

CMPX  - thank you for your reaction. I believe your sentence is justified. I also had a chat with our guys that also got banned for some time and they agreed it is justified. Poll kicking/banning is not a right solution in such cases. I believe this situation could have been resolved in amicable way.

That I wish Id known of.  Tankmen never mentioned talking to you in TS in the team chat.  I wasnt on vent with these guys as I was just mercing for them and all I saw was the universal chat in-game where both sides were taunting each other about how they would never leave the server as if that somehow was a solution.  If you guys had more mercs then us show up for that bugged fight and kicked us off I really wouldnt have cared, just like the previous bugged strategus fight happened to us.  There really isnt a solution available that could amicably be reached by both sides and with no admin available I would have done the same thing by that point if I had been mercing for you except to the other team.

Offline Lorn

• Knight
  • Renown: 27
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Lorn
  • IRC nick: Lorn
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2011, 06:18:34 am »
     I was recently banned by cmpx yesterday for poll-banning enemy team in a strategus fight.  I have never previously poll banned during a straetgus fight.  The circumstances were unusual to say the elast.  None of the strategus battles are actually working.  We show up for the battles and it never initiates so both sides essentially do a staring contest to see who leaves first.  My team was kicked/banned in a neutral castle defense battle shortly before this one involving the grey order.  However, under the circumstance I made no complaint because after an hour it was the only way to end the fight that never was.
     What the Grey order members failed to mention was that an hour had already passed in this staring contest (much like if 1 person on enemy team who refuses to spawn and so can never end fight) and both sides were promising never to leave the server.  No admins were coming, pre-dawn hours in the EU.  Under most circumstances I would never do poll-ban eneemy team in strategus battle, but under the circumstances it was the only reasonable move to prevent the wasting of hours of both mine and my teammates' lives to no effect.
    The strategus battles are currently broken and under this particualr situation I do not consider it fair to be banned for a month by cmpx.

Congratulations!!!

You are a failure!!!

Enjoy the ban!!!  :D  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline Keshian

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2011, 06:52:09 am »
Congratulations!!!

You are a failure!!!

Enjoy the ban!!!  :D  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The fat troll strikes again.

Offline Thovex

• Marshall
  • Renown: 851
  • Infamy: 210
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Thovex
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2011, 02:16:06 pm »
Why would you be unbanned if there is picture proof? It's not an excuse that you've never done it before or wasting hours, you still pollbanned people.

Offline Yaron

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
  • I am daunkey guy!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Secret
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2011, 02:55:58 pm »
Ban is justified IMO, end of topic.

Date of Unban: 1. Feb 2011 until cmpx decides something else. You can talk to him on IRC ...
[21:11] <chadz>   i intend to give the 0 army guys a man for free though
[21:12] <chadz>   there will be fun "WTF? I LOST TO ONE GUY BECAUSE NO ONE OF MY TEAM SHOWED UP" threads
[21:12] <chadz>   which will result in me laughing
[21:12] <chadz>   and a happy chadz is a coding chadz

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2011, 03:15:22 pm »
Let 'em talk, doesn't hurt.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2011, 04:48:50 pm »
I am not saying I didnt ban poll.  I am saying there were no admins available in a bugged match where it was the only way to end the match in pre-dawn EU hours, which is a justifiable reason under extenuating circumstances that would give reason for making the ban for a week rather than a month.  Intent was not malicious or an attempt to cheat, simply trying to work around a broken game mechanic of a battle that was never actually going to take place.

Offline Allers

• Count
  • Renown: 292
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player
  • Ca$hville
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ca$hville Records, Ruff Ryders
  • Game nicks: Allers, Young Buck, DMX
  • IRC nick: Allers
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2011, 05:15:57 pm »

You should just be happy that you have a time limit! Besides, you're an NA player not EU
Ca$hville 615

Offline Leiknir

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2011, 05:17:52 pm »
I am not saying I didnt ban poll.  I am saying there were no admins available in a bugged match where it was the only way to end the match in pre-dawn EU hours, which is a justifiable reason under extenuating circumstances that would give reason for making the ban for a week rather than a month.  Intent was not malicious or an attempt to cheat, simply trying to work around a broken game mechanic of a battle that was never actually going to take place.

Let me ask this again, why is it more reasonable to "bugfix" a situation like this with kicking the team with way more troops, than leaving yourself?