Author Topic: 0.3.3.9.1  (Read 47007 times)

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
Re: 0.3.3.9.1
« Reply #300 on: August 01, 2014, 09:07:57 pm »
+1
Beating ranged is all about predicting what they'll do, rather than reacting to an attack after it's already begun (like melee).

What, really? Melee is a lot about predicting what your opponents do.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline jtobiasm

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Tobi
« Reply #301 on: August 01, 2014, 09:13:55 pm »
What, really? Melee is a lot about predicting what your opponents do.

Well, it's more to do with your opponent swings you block, not you blocking then he swings.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: August 01, 2014, 10:52:37 pm »
+2
Well, it's more to do with your opponent swings you block, not you blocking then he swings.

With polearms it's you blocking then he attacks, otherwise you're too late.

badum tsss

Offline DKNhz

• Count
  • Renown: 285
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Ilithyia_von_Krems, Frieda_von_Krems, Freya_von_Krems, Frauke_von_Krems
« Reply #303 on: August 02, 2014, 05:12:30 am »
+4
My point is that even the best player in the world is going to be extremely inefficient if trying to counter ranged with anything that isn't ranged. Very frequently, how good you are won't matter and you will die. If you are trying to actively kill ranged, no matter what kind of melee equipment you are using, you are playing this wrong, as simple as that. The best way to counter ranged is to avoid them ingame and get them nerfed as much as possible, of course.

Sorry for duels which is not given them by ranged. This is what bows stand for, if they're seeking duels just tell them to hop on EU3 or nditions. and we're not fan of heavily armored running dummies with 10 arrows on their body, so instead of shooting on them, archers hunt each other down most of the time. Most of those 2h/polearm users crying about how they die, sorry for preventing you to get 20kills each map with your uber melee skillz. as long as you play on "battle" server, you'll be killed by cav, backstab, gank or an arrow. deal with it or just play on duel servers for your own good.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Krems is love. Krems is life.

Offline Simon_Templar

• Knight
  • Renown: 59
  • Infamy: 246
  • cRPG Player
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCZOzmKRuPk
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: August 02, 2014, 11:59:28 am »
+3
For the it is all the fault of the weaponmaster system. PS based system was a lot better. insane wpf makes a kindergarten slashing game out of this. And everybody who see it different is a small child because everything in warband had his scene how it was. To create a feeling of realism. i didn't like the last 5 or 6 patches. it is getting worth with every patch what they did in the last one and a half year. And then you have also small little cunts like fips or this fin guy when you can remember. who tells me i should grow up. Pfff he was playing with throwing axes all the time because he could not play. Because it is for his self-assurance so important. I am playing for the fun and because i like the game. but this people are little nerds and can not deal with the situation. Of an realistic Medieval environment.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #305 on: August 02, 2014, 12:48:26 pm »
For the it is all the fault of the weaponmaster system. PS based system was a lot better. insane wpf makes a kindergarten slashing game out of this. And everybody who see it different is a small child because everything in warband had his scene how it was. To create a feeling of realism. i didn't like the last 5 or 6 patches. it is getting worth with every patch what they did in the last one and a half year. And then you have also small little cunts like fips or this fin guy when you can remember. who tells me i should grow up. Pfff he was playing with throwing axes all the time because he could not play. Because it is for his self-assurance so important. I am playing for the fun and because i like the game. but this people are little nerds and can not deal with the situation. Of an realistic Medieval environment.
Took you of my ignore list just to minus this crap.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Quentry

• Knight
  • Renown: 75
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: DRZ
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Quentry
« Reply #306 on: August 02, 2014, 02:05:05 pm »
+1
Can we aspect the patch for this weekend?
rly admins

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: August 02, 2014, 11:07:16 pm »
+1
That probably explains why i seem to have such relatively little trouble vs ranged, because i'm not a good player. Very frequently how bad i am wont matter and they'll die. Unless they get out a tiny sickle then they can troll me all day due to my attack speed, which i dont even mind cos it looks ridiculous. Clearly only bad players are capable of killing ranged, at least we're good for something. All irony aside, it seems like we just have very different playstyles which benefit us in different areas, ranged isnt luck - i wish it was cos sniping with bows is daft, but as long as bows are stupidly accurate you get to play mind games with them which suits me fine.

Well I think there's some truth to your statement in that a bad player will not notice how ranged nullifies skill as much as a good player. When you realize as a shielder that you'd rather fight 4 two handers than 2 archers, that fact becomes really obvious. A new player will probably prefer fighting 2 archers because his chances of winning in melee against 4 opponents are worse than those of winning against two archers due to a lack of skill. In truth I'm more than capable of killing ranged, and probably more than you given that my character is much better suited to it, and I've been using every possible potential mix of melee, throwing and cav susceptible of countering ranged over the years. The difference is that I can kill the average melee player with much less effort, much less risk, much less time and much more fun than the average ranged player with any of those "ranged counter" builds. That is probably not the case for new players. It's not about being capable of killing ranged which most players are, it's about the relative attractiveness of melee and ranged situations. For the skilled melee player, the balance is overwhelmingly in favor of getting in melee and avoiding ranged, shield or not.

Offline Nordwolf

• Earl
  • Renown: 492
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Nordwolf, 4 other Nordwolfs, Wolf_in_the_Van Victory, Earngrim, Core, Farewell, Akaio_BlackSpear +**
« Reply #308 on: August 03, 2014, 02:55:16 pm »
"cRPG is being patched, please stand by..."
And launcher proposes 3.4 but can't update....

Anticipation uh :P

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: August 03, 2014, 03:33:46 pm »
...I can kill the average melee player...

LOL you don't have to lie to us bro we know you.
I don't know enough

Offline kono yaro!

• Baron
  • Renown: 129
  • Infamy: 127
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: b0nk
« Reply #310 on: August 03, 2014, 03:35:36 pm »
Mine just updated to 3.4.0.0 yet no announcement for 3.4.0.0? What's new?

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
« Reply #311 on: August 03, 2014, 03:36:57 pm »
Probably ranged fix. Can't wait to try my build after that !  :)

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: August 03, 2014, 03:37:06 pm »

Sit and wait like a good kid Bonk. I heard they removed longmauls. Go figure.
I don't know enough

Offline McKli_PL

• Count
  • Renown: 294
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: South_the_grey, HeDdar_the_grey, Wazonowej_the_grey
« Reply #313 on: August 03, 2014, 03:43:04 pm »
+2
a whole new whine thread, who will cry who will laugh?:)

Offline Tovi

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 251
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: OdE
  • Game nicks: KrisTovi
« Reply #314 on: August 03, 2014, 04:27:27 pm »
Big update anyway.