Author Topic: 0.3.3.7  (Read 53282 times)

Offline Supreme_Leader

• Knight
  • Renown: 37
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: 0.3.3.7
« Reply #375 on: June 05, 2014, 08:22:57 pm »
Buffing already-OP cavalry and throwing was an incredible idea! Bravo Tydeus! What a real human bean.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: June 05, 2014, 09:49:18 pm »
+7
^ See, being an item balancer is not easy if some people hate you for nerfing cav while others hate you for buffing cav when talking about one and the same change.

Offline STR_aD_Sargon_eqv

• Baron
  • Renown: 96
  • Infamy: 86
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: June 05, 2014, 09:53:41 pm »
^ See, being an item balancer is not easy if some people hate you for nerfing cav while others hate you for buffing cav when talking about one and the same change.
hahhahahhah fckin LOOOOL  :mrgreen:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Rebelyell

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 398
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Bobby
  • IRC nick: boobby
« Reply #378 on: June 05, 2014, 09:54:42 pm »
and there are peoples claiming that last cav nerf have done nothing to 1h cav that deserve nerf

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
You just killed me
Nerf you maybe?

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: June 05, 2014, 10:17:44 pm »
+2

Yeah all the empty fury of shitposters and shitplayers pretty much ruin any thread about mechanics or balance at all, I've always thought there should be an invite/application board just for players with good skills or ideas so balancers can have an easier job filtering white noise and getting good feedback.

Also I'd say most of the 6 riding horses are too strong, and the 7 riding horses too weak. So someone who only uses medium or only heavy cav could have a completely different opinion cuz of that, and just fail to express themselves properly (because of being a shitposter)
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #380 on: June 05, 2014, 10:45:04 pm »
+2
I highly value the charge stat and the charge:maneuver ratio, but I do see what you mean when focusing on certain horses' advantages. The 6 difficulty horses (minus courser) are decent at everything, while the higher difficulty horses satisfy more specialized needs. Which horses work better in a direct clash or when making best use of their strengths can be difficult to determine. I personally believe that some difficulties could be lower after looking at it again.

I was unsure how the changes to the top 3 would work out. I still think the heaviest horses should be cheaper, closing the gap between the large warhorse and cataphract a bit more, and cheapen plated charger by another 5k. Using the large warhorse, it feels like it's in a good place price-wise, making money when performing decently. I have a +3 charger that I switch to with a x3 or better to break even, and often times see the gold jump up and down pretty rapidly. It's really fun to play and kill archers with the charge damage, though.

Other than that, it's pretty difficult to have a conversation about the stats when no one really points out what set of stats would work better. Before, we had jumps like 24->34 charge from the padded warhorse to the warhorse, and 47->60 armor for the eastern warhorse to the charger.

Offline JasonPastman

• Count
  • Renown: 285
  • Infamy: 113
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guys That CMP Has Quoted [GTCHQ]
  • Game nicks: Jason_The_Great
« Reply #381 on: June 06, 2014, 01:38:35 am »
I think you might want to take a look at the riding skill.

Also unfuck riding skill. The problem with horse balance right now is that riding is such a poor skill overall, the only point of it is to get just enough to use whatever horse you want to use. Pretty much like shield skill.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 01:42:56 am by JasonPastman »
If a majority be united by a common interest, the rights of the minority will be insecure - James Madison
It is not wisdom but Authority that makes a law - Thomas Hobbes.
Too busy not giving a fuck...

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #382 on: June 06, 2014, 02:03:11 am »
Sure, could look at it. Need to hear from more people with 8-9+ riding skill, though, since my experience with high riding has been largely positive.

Offline Dooz

• Duke
  • Renown: 674
  • Infamy: 165
  • Horrible_Human
    • View Profile
    • Wasteland Fight Club
« Reply #383 on: June 06, 2014, 02:09:18 am »
+2
i don't think you're gonna find a lot of people with 8-9+ ride skill...

Offline Lemon_

• Earl
  • Renown: 343
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: June 06, 2014, 02:10:18 am »
I play 15/24 on my new char and it works fine. 8 Riding is great and I still have crazy killing power. 1 Shot firebus in duel, with his full loomed plate setup.

Offline no_rules_just_play

• King
  • Renown: 1401
  • Infamy: 384
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE; Peasants United; Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: CapraAegagrusHircus_HRE; no_rules_just_play_HRE
  • IRC nick: norulesjustplay
« Reply #385 on: June 06, 2014, 07:09:23 am »
+1
give me 13 mil xp and I'll tell ya

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
« Reply #386 on: June 06, 2014, 10:24:01 am »
+1
Sure, could look at it. Need to hear from more people with 8-9+ riding skill, though, since my experience with high riding has been largely positive.
8 riding is a beast combined with the arab warhorse (+0)
I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • Renown: 795
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: June 06, 2014, 04:05:38 pm »
how many hp/skill-point do horses get? i reckon its a %?

Offline Mr.K.

• Earl
  • Renown: 474
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar Union
« Reply #388 on: June 06, 2014, 06:29:50 pm »
I don't think high riding is worth it, but it is more fun, which is why I've played with 12/30 and 15/27 lancer as well as tested a 9/30 2H cav build. None of those are as effective as a more balanced build imo, but they are a ton of fun :mrgreen:

A buff to maneuver and acceleration for higher riding would help. Nerfing the base stat first of course. More speed though - please no, that would be another big buff to horse ranged.

Offline Devestater

• Knight
  • Renown: 57
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
  • GOD WILLS IT!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Devestater
« Reply #389 on: June 07, 2014, 04:58:31 am »
+2
I just came back to check on this topic... NOTHING of any importance has been talked about. What about US high level guys?! This is complete BS! You F#@%$D us out of our lv. 35 builds you donkyholes!

We would have made different decisions had we known that this would happen. This is complete crap. when devs decide to nerf whatever is hot for the week. Every class/weapon has been nerfed to death over the years that we are pretty much beating eachother with wiffle bats at this point. You guys are trying to make a game??? THAT IS LAUGHABLE!  :lol:
« Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 06:33:20 am by Devestater »
mess with the best... die like the rest!