Author Topic: Failed Diplomacy by James of Acre  (Read 3266 times)

Offline Pistachio

• Baron
  • Renown: 110
  • Infamy: 23
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Pistachio Nuts (Helios) ROR
Failed Diplomacy by James of Acre
« on: April 24, 2014, 07:22:27 am »
+6
This is why you shouldn't trust James.
(click to show/hide)

Kudos to you James. We've been your friendly neighbors the whole time. I don't know what was in your mind but to be power hungry because you're big.

Offline Alaire

• Knight
  • Renown: 57
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: GoW
  • Game nicks: GoW_Alaire
Re: Failed Diplomacy by James of Acre
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2014, 07:25:12 am »
+10
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline PsychoTwins

• Earl
  • Renown: 453
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: FarmerBob, NinjaBob, 20PingIsHardBob, StrIsHardBob, HaxorBob
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2014, 07:26:32 am »
+7
I dont see an attack on Acre, I see an attack on Nova Reyvadin Liberation Force  8-)
Here, dear crpg folk, we have an honest man who doesn't conceal the truth out of the fear of getting nerfed. He surely deserves a round of heartfelt applause.

Offline Holiday203

• Count
  • Renown: 182
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Art of Wutang, Justice League
  • Game nicks: Batman_Holiday_AoW
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2014, 07:39:43 am »
+9
Dayum, couldn't even read them their miranda rights Acre?

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2014, 07:46:09 am »
+18
inb4 strat is ded

inb4 big acre roleplay post

inb4 gow are 12 year olds

induring im gay

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline GiuseppeBlackRose

• Count
  • Renown: 270
  • Infamy: 178
  • cRPG Player
  • GFORCE Godfather
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2014, 07:53:20 am »
+13
I wish i could say i was surprised but i cant say that i am surprised be cause i am not surprised

No one from remnant has enough skill or dedication to join my mafia, Sorry.

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2014, 08:03:30 am »
+7
I am sorry Pistachio that you have plotted against us since the start of Strat, with several other players who now have left the region, and that you cannot understand why that puts you in no position to make demands of my faction. You intended to attack us and I am uncomfortable with your behaviour. Desire came to me seeking to join a larger group as she is an individual in Strategus. You guys attacked her after I had agreed to give her protection. I offered you a way to avoid war with my faction after explaining that desire was joining us. You did not choose that route. I was unfortunately unaware of your claim to Nova Reyvadin and perhaps I missed a diplomatic post. I cannot help that you didn't move as fast as Desire to capture it but that doesn't mean that I will help you take it from her.

Offline Alaire

• Knight
  • Renown: 57
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: GoW
  • Game nicks: GoW_Alaire
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2014, 08:06:14 am »
+8
Hey, Sandy...

A lil role playing never hurt anyone. Don't stamp out the fire in it's last bursts. Who knows, it could catch flame to the carpet and blaze harder than ever before. :)

There will be some battles with a decent amount of experience (not plate, but getting closer).

And also... we've all been playing this game for years, and like you said we're all still twelve.
(click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 08:11:34 am by Alaire »

Offline Pistachio

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2014, 08:13:05 am »
+1
I am sorry Pistachio that you have plotted against us since the start of Strat, with several other players who now have left the region, and that you cannot understand why that puts you in no position to make demands of my faction. You intended to attack us and I am uncomfortable with your behaviour. Desire came to me seeking to join a larger group as she is an individual in Strategus. You guys attacked her after I had agreed to give her protection. I offered you a way to avoid war with my faction after explaining that desire was joining us. You did not choose that route. I was unfortunately unaware of your claim to Nova Reyvadin and perhaps I missed a diplomatic post. I cannot help that you didn't move as fast as Desire to capture it but that doesn't mean that I will help you take it from her.

1. We haven't planned anything
2. Desire wasn't even in your faction yet. You told us she was joining your faction but you weren't taking the fief.
3. You told us we could cancel the battle to remain neutral after we attacked. Never before. You also never talked to me about protection of desire. Everything you said about acre and desire was not told to me.

We've been your friends since the beginning. You're going to war over one person taking our claimed fief. You know you planned this. You're just power hungry because you're so big. I get it.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 08:17:20 am by Pistachio »

Offline Real_Dece_Guy

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 22
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Crusaders of Acre
  • Game nicks: Viceroy_Axeman_of_Acre
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2014, 08:16:06 am »
+3
Having heard out the messenger, who spoke considerately softly, the Axeman raised himself from his bed cautiously, and was relieved when the effort was not rewarded by a stab of pain.

The illness had struck him suddenly as he had been girding himself for the tournament. In a matter of moments he had gone from feeling slight discomfort to a migraine he could only liken to being bludgeoned repeatedly by a great maul.  Neither physic, nor the ministrations of his body-slaves skilled in the arts of the healing touch could give him more than the slightest relief, so he sent a messenger to excuse his absence and ask forgiveness of his liege for allowing this weakness to overcome him.

Yet it was not the tournament that preyed most upon his mind, but the news from the south.  Although he had taken to his bed before the battle, and as it occurred, rested uneasily with a heated stone below his neck, no illness could excuse him from the responsibility he had taken by choosing to offer assistance to Acre's newest member.  He could not find it in his heart to blame the Marauders for their decision to go to war - their honour demanded no less.  Yet his own honour would not have allowed him to renege on his pledge of support to a loyal friend of the clan.

It was emphatically not greed for land that had driven this decision - both he and the clan had expected that Desire would hold the fief as an independent.  Yet when she implored protection and offered to swear allegiance, none of the lords of Acre felt they ought to spurn her request.

With a heavy heart, and still uneasy stomach, the Axeman awaited a war they had not sought, but would fight nonetheless.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 08:19:09 am by Real_Dece_Guy »
His Excellency Viceroy for Life, Field Marshal Al chadzi Doctor Idi Axemin, VC, DSO, MC, CBE, Lord of all the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Sea, and Conqueror of the Free Company Empire in Calradia in General and the Tundra in Particular.

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2014, 08:18:57 am »
1. We haven't planned anything
2. Desire wasn't even in your faction yet. You told us she was joining your faction but you weren't taking the fief.
3. You told us we could cancel the battle to remain neutral after we attacked. Never before. You also never talked to me about protection of desire. Everything you said about acre and desire was not told to me.

We've been your friends since the beginning. You're going to war over one person taking our claimed fief. You know you planned this.

1. We haven't planned anything=False

2. Desire wasn't even in your faction yet. You told us she was joining your faction but you weren't taking the fief.=She is unable to join until she is in reach of a faction member. She was sworn in.

3. You told us we could cancel the battle to remain neutral after we attacked. Never before. You also never talked to me about protection of desire. Everything you said about acre and desire was not told to me.= This was a sincere opportunity for you to avoid war with my faction. I would have assumed my intent was pretty obvious as I was threatening war on you for attacking someone who had recently come under our protection.

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2014, 08:19:34 am »
+9
Hey, Sandy...

A lil role playing never hurt anyone. Don't stamp out the fire in it's last bursts. Who knows, it could catch flame to the carpet and blaze harder than ever before. :)

There will be some battles with a decent amount of experience (not plate, but getting closer).

And also... we've all been playing this game for years, and like you said we're all still twelve.
(click to show/hide)

I don't at all dislike roleplaying. Really, I have nothing against it. I enjoy writing at times, poetry or prose. It's fun. I don't share it with people, and I can't bring myself to sack up and post roleplay shit really because...I don't know, my sack ain't big enough?

I was just posting funny stereotypes or something. I know for a fact there aren't that many young folks in GoW anymore. Still, it's what you're "known for", at least in my book, so I posted that shit.

C'mon m8, if I post seriously it's a wall of text. If it's a few lines, I'm just shit-posting fun-posting

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2014, 08:24:30 am »
I don't at all dislike roleplaying. Really, I have nothing against it. I enjoy writing at times, poetry or prose. It's fun. I don't share it with people, and I can't bring myself to sack up and post roleplay shit really because...I don't know, my sack ain't big enough?

I was just posting funny stereotypes or something. I know for a fact there aren't that many young folks in GoW anymore. Still, it's what you're "known for", at least in my book, so I posted that shit.

C'mon m8, if I post seriously it's a wall of text. If it's a few lines, I'm just shit-posting fun-posting

(click to show/hide)

Offline Pistachio

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Failed Diplomacy by James of Acreage
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2014, 09:02:12 am »
James the reason I believe you wanted to go to war with is because you've planned it and wanted our fiefs.  desire offered to join us first. She said she would join if she could keep reyvadin. I really don't believe you're going to war because of desires fief. She asked to join us first and knew we would attack back and take reyvadin. You being the next choice and using it as an excuse to go to war is something I don't believe

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2014, 09:05:00 am »
We will post our thread tomorrow bit tired right now.