Author Topic: About "Cleaver"  (Read 5961 times)

Offline HarunYahya

• Marshall
  • Renown: 965
  • Infamy: 309
  • cRPG Player
  • Proud Abdulla wielder
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: HarunYahya,HarunShootya,Inan
  • IRC nick: HarunYahya
Re: About "Cleaver"
« Reply #45 on: April 10, 2014, 06:07:44 pm »
Let me explain how San "ruined" this game for you single-handedly.

1)San and/or others propose a change to the lower tier weapons, like cleaver and how they should be changed.

2)The WHOLE TEAM votes on if changes should be put in or not.

3)???

4)Rage that it is all Sans fault.

Now, we can either discuss this with sanity like dynamike did, or we can QQ/rage and turn this into a EU vs NA.

If you want to take QQ/rage route ill just say this,
Get the fuck out. This isn't YOUR game and it wasn't suited to YOUR needs.

With sanity,
Im sure some changes could be made but it doesnt seem like a lot of people care about the cleaver buff. It seems more are happy it will actually be used than how it may be too OP for low tier weps.

Also, Dread, agreed. This is a game not a simulator. Sure realism is nice in some points, but that is for the devs to decide not you, HarunYahya.
I don't know how much San paying you to be his bitch but i'll pay double if you just shut the fuck up, asslicker.
Derailing the whole subject since start for what ? Hearing "Good work,bitch." from san and get a raise on  your salary ?

Offline Cicero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 418
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
  • scourge of god
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: BashiBazouks_Cicero
  • IRC nick: Cicero
« Reply #46 on: April 11, 2014, 08:50:52 am »
I don't know how much San paying you to be his bitch but i'll pay double if you just shut the fuck up, asslicker.
Derailing the whole subject since start for what ? Hearing "Good work,bitch." from san and get a raise on  your salary ?
Harun

All of these are americans who answer you in this topic.

Didnt you already realise its retarted argue them logically ?

My first thoughts about item balancers stay on first page.Murricans can not understand Medieval game so they are making it arcade enough to understand it.

Its just sad to see chadz or cmp gave title to 2 americans

Tydeus : He said that HX shouldnt even shot on horse its not logical.

San : He said that if the game fucked up why dont we fuck it more USA USA USA ( so fuckin funny is it ? )

"We all have culturel relation between sword or medieval we forced to read those on our education systems but Americans have no idea wtf is it.This is not a humiliation we have no idea how mcdonalds can be meal as well."

To all those retards ; Harun is saying giving cleaver bonus against shields are retarted nothing more ; he doesnt QQ or something how can you QQ for cleaver ?

Are you that much retarted to defend cleaver's bonus against shield ?

Offline Johammeth

• King
  • Renown: 1077
  • Infamy: 81
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ConnectiKUTT
« Reply #47 on: April 11, 2014, 09:22:15 am »
+3
"blah blah blah anatolia used to not be a dumpster, so i know about internet swords (and real life mustaches)."
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Cicero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 418
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
  • scourge of god
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: BashiBazouks_Cicero
  • IRC nick: Cicero
« Reply #48 on: April 11, 2014, 09:54:18 am »
"blah blah blah anatolia used to not be a dumpster, so i know about internet swords (and real life mustaches)."
still better a love story than usa

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
« Reply #49 on: April 11, 2014, 07:26:29 pm »
+3
This is a realism discussion.  An axe is designed to cut wood, even battle axes can do this well.  Shields are made of wood.  An axe is better at breaking a shield than a sword.  This checks out.

A cleaver is used to cut meat and bone.  Therefore it has high cut damage.  It's basic shape is similar to an axe, but it's not as heavy and the handle isn't as long.  Not as much leverage.

I do not agree that a cleaver should have bonus against shield, though it should have very good damage against light armored targets.

Watching Swedish Chef and San fight with a cleaver with super-agi builds is a little frustrating but mostly hilarious.  I laugh my ass off fighting these guys, and they often get the best of me.

Offline PsychoTwins

• Earl
  • Renown: 453
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: FarmerBob, NinjaBob, 20PingIsHardBob, StrIsHardBob, HaxorBob
« Reply #50 on: April 11, 2014, 08:39:42 pm »

I don't think you understand what I was saying then. You bitch that it is all San's fault and dirty "Murricans" who want to change this game into an "arcade" when, for some reason(maybe you are too angry to think logically), you don't realize that the ENTIRE dev team votes on the changes that happened.

TL;DR : Even the "pure masterrace Euros" like yourself agreed for the changes to happen.

I bolded and underlined the main concept to make it easier for you  :wink:
Here, dear crpg folk, we have an honest man who doesn't conceal the truth out of the fear of getting nerfed. He surely deserves a round of heartfelt applause.

Offline HarunYahya

• Marshall
  • Renown: 965
  • Infamy: 309
  • cRPG Player
  • Proud Abdulla wielder
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: HarunYahya,HarunShootya,Inan
  • IRC nick: HarunYahya
« Reply #51 on: April 12, 2014, 05:17:53 am »
+2
I don't think you understand what I was saying then. You bitch that it is all San's fault and dirty "Murricans" who want to change this game into an "arcade" when, for some reason(maybe you are too angry to think logically), you don't realize that the ENTIRE dev team votes on the changes that happened.

TL;DR : Even the "pure masterrace Euros" like yourself agreed for the changes to happen.

I bolded and underlined the main concept to make it easier for you  :wink:
So what ? U so mad cuz i said you Murricans have no historical bond with medieval era ?
Truth hurts life is not all about rock'n roll and mcdonalds.I don't care who has vote on it,item balancers are the ones who suggested this bullshit in the first place so hate it as much as you want but your beloved friend San is the one to blame.
This topic started as "How hilariously retarded that this cleaver has bonus against shield" then you and your yankee friends started to defend this absurd stupidity by saying "It was already hilariously retarded , we just made it worse and its cool u mad ?" Now its about "How hilariously retarded can people be" and you guys keep amazing me.
Too much murrica for me,nuff trying to be of reason, you won't understand a shit with that simple,stubborn,ignorant mind anyway.
Yeah fuck it bravo added bonus against shield to cleaver, give crushthrough to hatchet,couching option to arabian cav sword fuck it up i don't care anymore. Im over it now,seriously thanks for all your replies,im over the mod,over the game. Now observing human psychology and how blindlessly it can react and deny a hard fact just because it is hard to accept it and replace it with their corrupt fucked up mind in their heads.Just amazing it's like denying the fact that world is round just because it's not written in the "god's holy book" closing yourself for other options in certain topics because of fear to be wrong about it. I get it, it is so natural don't feel bad , it is just odd to experience such thing alive using internet,thousands of kilometers away from each other.

Since if i continue you'll "stone me to death" by punishment of "heresy", breaking down walls of false truth you built, -which in this case is the dogma of "Accepting bonus against shield addition on cleaver is a healthy decision."- i'll not continue posting here. You guys will not understand it,even childeren you'll raise won't understand it but humanity will see that i was right after many years. Just as we justified Gallileo now, they'll understand that this whole cleaver thing was irrationally stupid and i was being shitstormed by ignorant,fanatic bigots just because i was stating the obvious hard fact. I'll be crowned a Saint and you'll remain as just an ignorant peasant brain full of corrupted dogmas.
What they say, you learn everyday.

God bless america.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 05:26:52 am by HarunYahya »

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #52 on: April 12, 2014, 06:44:10 am »
+1
So did you actually want to discuss the cleaver's change or was it just a jumping point to rant and rave about players involved in item balance?

Bonus against shields with a tiny kitchen utensil doesn't make sense, but neither does writing nationalist screeds to discredit the item balance team.

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #53 on: April 12, 2014, 07:06:36 am »
+2
Trying to play along with the realism arguments since it got moved and you won't respond to gameplay reasons; not going to be perfect at it because imo realism discussion is dumb due to the 1000 unrealistic things in the game, but there's no need to get so worked up. The argument halted to a standstill when I first gave gameplay reasons for the change that was just ignored. Can't we at least make this discussion about a trivial weapon a little fun?

What constitutes as bonus against shield to you? It's difficult for me to see how cleaver, a weapon designed to chop and could be modified in power (in crpg's case, to 30c, as strong as the one handed axe), having bonus against shield is as farfetched as giving the arabian cavalry sword the option to couch. Because of its mediocre attack power, as we observe in the game, it's not really that great at breaking shields even with the bonus, since it's a multiplier of its current attack power. That still makes it worse at breaking shields than most 2h swords/polearms and much worse than other weapons with bonus against shield.  The oddly shaped model in the game is different than the more evenly distributed tools in your pictures. I tried talking about the hatchet due to the similarly odd looking model shape being far from ideal, yet it still has the bonus.

My stance is that I think that weapons designed for chopping have the possibility of having the ability, although it's obvious that axes are the most superior in that regard. I believe the bonus and its perceived attack power are exclusive, since it will be more effective than your average sword designed for slashing considering weapon power is the same regardless of power. That's why a weak/mediocre weapon having it is not a stretch compared to something ludicrous like giving crushthrough to the practice dagger. That's why I also think that for weapons like the falchion, it wouldn't be too much of a stretch as an alternative to increased attack power. I'm not saying that it isn't a stretch at all, though.

Edit: removed a part and put it back.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 08:09:54 am by San »

Offline PsychoTwins

• Earl
  • Renown: 453
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: FarmerBob, NinjaBob, 20PingIsHardBob, StrIsHardBob, HaxorBob
« Reply #54 on: April 12, 2014, 08:27:26 am »
+1
(click to show/hide)

Read first line> Knew it was a rage response> Rest not worth reading.
Here, dear crpg folk, we have an honest man who doesn't conceal the truth out of the fear of getting nerfed. He surely deserves a round of heartfelt applause.

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #55 on: April 12, 2014, 08:28:12 am »
+4
So what ? U so mad cuz i said you Murricans have no historical bond with medieval era ?
Truth hurts life is not all about rock'n roll and mcdonalds.I don't care who has vote on it,item balancers are the ones who suggested this bullshit in the first place so hate it as much as you want but your beloved friend San is the one to blame.
This topic started as "How hilariously retarded that this cleaver has bonus against shield" then you and your yankee friends started to defend this absurd stupidity by saying "It was already hilariously retarded , we just made it worse and its cool u mad ?" Now its about "How hilariously retarded can people be" and you guys keep amazing me.
Too much murrica for me,nuff trying to be of reason, you won't understand a shit with that simple,stubborn,ignorant mind anyway.
Yeah fuck it bravo added bonus against shield to cleaver, give crushthrough to hatchet,couching option to arabian cav sword fuck it up i don't care anymore. Im over it now,seriously thanks for all your replies,im over the mod,over the game. Now observing human psychology and how blindlessly it can react and deny a hard fact just because it is hard to accept it and replace it with their corrupt fucked up mind in their heads.Just amazing it's like denying the fact that world is round just because it's not written in the "god's holy book" closing yourself for other options in certain topics because of fear to be wrong about it. I get it, it is so natural don't feel bad , it is just odd to experience such thing alive using internet,thousands of kilometers away from each other.

Since if i continue you'll "stone me to death" by punishment of "heresy", breaking down walls of false truth you built, -which in this case is the dogma of "Accepting bonus against shield addition on cleaver is a healthy decision."- i'll not continue posting here. You guys will not understand it,even childeren you'll raise won't understand it but humanity will see that i was right after many years. Just as we justified Gallileo now, they'll understand that this whole cleaver thing was irrationally stupid and i was being shitstormed by ignorant,fanatic bigots just because i was stating the obvious hard fact. I'll be crowned a Saint and you'll remain as just an ignorant peasant brain full of corrupted dogmas.
What they say, you learn everyday.

God bless america.

You sound extremely eager to put all your perceived faults of tydeus and san upon their nationality. Very stupid, I think.

Could you fathom that it's nothing more than their opinion? We're not some hivemind in the states, nor are you in Turkey.

Please, leave your nationalistic arguments out of this. By the way, I do hope your nation does not re-elect Erdogan. He seems like a complete scumbag, and although I cannot be certain that these reports are correct, but I heard there was leaked transcripts of a conversation among Erdogan and his cabinet of ministers discussing a false flag attack from a syrian faction on one of your national monuments.

Good luck, my turkish friend. Do not make the mistake that simply because no action of medieval combat took place on our continent, that we are completely ignorant and dismissive of them.

(click to show/hide)

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline Havelle

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 364
  • Infamy: 37
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Frisitan
« Reply #56 on: April 12, 2014, 08:43:01 am »
+5
life is not all about rock'n roll and mcdonalds.

What the fuck kind of backward world do you Euros live in?

(click to show/hide)

Offline Rico

• King
  • Renown: 1021
  • Infamy: 158
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rico, Mila
« Reply #57 on: April 13, 2014, 12:19:50 am »
Hitting the edge of the chopping board might actually work :mrgreen:
Streaming cRPG, Supreme Commander and Age of Empires II on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/HeavenTV

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 13, 2014, 02:32:13 pm »
+2
(click to show/hide)
This is one of the best rage posts I've read in a long time, dig all the nationalistic stereotyping and mythological stuff, science vs religion etc. on the topic of cleaver getting shield eat ability, lol, good work my man!
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 02:35:35 pm by Angantyr »

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • Renown: 795
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 13, 2014, 04:54:27 pm »