Author Topic: [WPF and Accuracy of Bows]  (Read 878 times)

Offline ShinkuMoon

• Peasant
  • Renown: 8
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
[WPF and Accuracy of Bows]
« on: March 31, 2014, 11:34:00 am »
+1
this afternoon i found the old computational formula of bows is somehow no longer working

i tested shooting with build of 30str./12agi. and 24/18 ,only found the former is exactly as accurate as the latter.
however, with the old formula of valid WPF of bows,the former build's valid WPF is 52 while the latter is 82!

AND the accuracy on board indicates that Long Bow is more accurate than Yumi, 4 the former's valid of accuracy is 104 while the latter is 100.
but as my expirement goes, it turns out Yumi is more accurate than LongBow

SO is there anyone who knows how the computational formula of bows works????

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
Re: [WPF and Accuracy of Bows]
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2014, 12:43:04 pm »
+1
Heres hovv it is: belovv 100 effective proff, your rolling the dice. Over 150 you can hit any nonmoving enemy at any range, once you have the range measured vvith any bovv.

But currently bovv balance is fucked: Yumi is tvvice the size of bovv yet is half the slots, dafuk is dat?
I don't know enough

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline ShinkuMoon

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2014, 01:18:51 pm »
+2
Heres hovv it is: belovv 100 effective proff, your rolling the dice. Over 150 you can hit any nonmoving enemy at any range, once you have the range measured vvith any bovv.

But currently bovv balance is fucked: Yumi is tvvice the size of bovv yet is half the slots, dafuk is dat?
eh u dont get it
valid WPF is not what the board indicates
4 example,18agi with 8 weaponmaster and 24str. with 8 power draw,thus i have 155 WPF in archery.however when i use a bow that requires 6 power draw,the valid WPF=155*(1-(1.4*8-14*6)%),which is 80+,according to the old formula
so that doesnt match with my expirement results. must be something changed in the formula i say.

and about Yumi:
Yumi is "Bow" in Japanese(also can be used as a female's name) , and it indeed r the longest bow in the world.theres very limited resourse in ancient Japan,thus Japanese dont have best woods or glue to craft a bow.so they craft bows using bamboos and a certain kind of tree(not same with other civilzations), which cant create much power when pulling the string.so they make the bow longer than normal that the change of shape can store more energe and discharge it when release the string.
still those bows cant shoot very far,however powerful enough in close range,according to my ancestor

Offline BlueKnight

• Marshall
  • Renown: 983
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • If you run, you will only die tired...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2014, 03:51:14 pm »
+1
Afaik the more damage the bow has the less accurate it is, but the more accuracy it has the more accurately it shoots. Both damage and accuracy influence the outcoming accuracy as far as I know. You have to wait a little for Tydeus_the_Enlightenmenter or San_the_Birthgiver_to_good_ideas or for some other guy who knows the formulas. They will help you.

Also do something positive for this mod and don't play ranged...

Skyrim UI

Offline ShinkuMoon

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2014, 05:12:31 pm »
+1
Afaik the more damage the bow has the less accurate it is, but the more accuracy it has the more accurately it shoots. Both damage and accuracy influence the outcoming accuracy as far as I know. You have to wait a little for Tydeus_the_Enlightenmenter or San_the_Birthgiver_to_good_ideas or for some other guy who knows the formulas. They will help you.

Also do something positive for this mod and don't play ranged...
thx 4 ur reply.it really helps.
and i must clearfy that we archers or crossbowmans or whatever rangers, we make a hard living 4 we r always the best and first target to our enemys-calvary,infantry,and other rangers.besides,we also suffer from expensive upkeep. still i beilive we play a quite important role in this game. i hardly find any game without missile weapons- and hope u will know something from that.
whatsmore, by comparing native to c-rpg, rangers r greatly nerfed.

Offline BlueKnight

• Marshall
  • Renown: 983
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • If you run, you will only die tired...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2014, 06:07:12 pm »
+1
thx 4 ur reply.it really helps.
and i must clearfy that we archers or crossbowmans or whatever rangers, we make a hard living 4 we r always the best and first target to our enemys-calvary,infantry,and other rangers.besides,we also suffer from expensive upkeep. still i beilive we play a quite important role in this game. i hardly find any game without missile weapons- and hope u will know something from that.
whatsmore, by comparing native to c-rpg, rangers r greatly nerfed.
I have a lvl 32 archer alt and pew-pew myself from time to time but it's true that majority of the players on EU1 would prefer more melees, less archers. Makes the game more fun.

Skyrim UI

Offline ShinkuMoon

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2014, 09:39:41 am »
+1
i just get a clue from the old formula : Valid WPF of Bows = WPF shown on board + Power Draw * 1.4 - Bow requirements * 14

as my expirement results indicates, builds with 30/12 (WPF in Archery is 121) and 24/18 (155 WPF) share almost same accuracy when using longbow (it means that the Valid WPF of those two builds should be the same), so i think the multiple 4 Power Draw must be buffed :

we make the mutiple 4 Power Draw x , and here we go:
Valid WPF of 30/12 = 121 + 10 * x - 6 * 14 ;
Valid WPF of 24/18 = 155 + 10 * x - 6 * 14 .
as two builds' Valid WPF should be the same , so we can find out x=17

so i think the Valid WPF of Bows should be modified like this to suit the present circuments : WPF shown on board + Power Draw * 17 - Bow requirements * 14

wish im right on those mathemtics and logics