Author Topic: About 1H stabbing horses...  (Read 2565 times)

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: About 1H stabbing horses...
« Reply #45 on: December 04, 2013, 07:26:55 pm »
+2
Timing a chamber against a galloping guy with a long lance with readied attack?

GL

It's literally the easiest kind of chamberblock.

Offline Siiem

• Heretic
  • Duke
  • Renown: 611
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 04, 2013, 07:27:19 pm »
+1
When did horses get melee?

Offline Trikipum

• Count
  • Renown: 155
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 05, 2013, 08:55:36 am »
I read so much bullshit in the threat about horses, stabs and stuff. As 1h on horseback for over 3 years, let me get you clear a pair of things:

1st: Stab doesnt outreach a slash attack. That is just simple bullshit. What you can do is tricking the enemy so you get closer than his slash in the last moment and stab. Sure thing its not something "easy to do". Its not that his "swing is shorter" its just htat the stabber will try to hit the slasher before his sword makes the full movement. If he fails he will get hit for tons of damage.  Indeed, a 2h always have the edge in a combat vs a horse with 1h, even a 1h on ground. Just a bit of footwork and you kill 99% of riders (included me). Speed works both ways, sometimes it allows you to kill some guy, other times just dont allow you to avoid an attack.

2nd: 1h cavalry actually KILLS lancer cavalry. At least if you got the skills, if you dont kill him.. well you gonna make his life miserable coz you gonna be in his back for the rest of the round. (the spinning nerf on horseback is the lamest nerf ever made in this game i would say). In the past, lancing on horseback required skill. Nowadays is lame and just require some planning and picking unaware targets. The fact you cant trick the enemy with your "attack angle" means there is only on way of killing someone. So predictable. So, its this or taking an arab gay horse. This horse kinda counters the effect of the nerf, since it allows you to circle in a split second.

Just that. Btw, what kafein says is true. Going on horseback is mostly a handicap than an advantage in nowaday's crpg. Any player who is decent will perform much better on ground. Still, even being 1h forever, i admit 2h is best class still (i play all classes btw, even selfnerfed alts).
"if you can't handle waiting a few minutes now and then, this game is not for you"

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #48 on: December 05, 2013, 04:01:14 pm »
I read so much bullshit in the threat about horses, stabs and stuff. As 1h on horseback for over 3 years, let me get you clear a pair of things:

1st: Stab doesnt outreach a slash attack. That is just simple bullshit. What you can do is tricking the enemy so you get closer than his slash in the last moment and stab. Sure thing its not something "easy to do". Its not that his "swing is shorter" its just htat the stabber will try to hit the slasher before his sword makes the full movement. If he fails he will get hit for tons of damage.  Indeed, a 2h always have the edge in a combat vs a horse with 1h, even a 1h on ground. Just a bit of footwork and you kill 99% of riders (included me). Speed works both ways, sometimes it allows you to kill some guy, other times just dont allow you to avoid an attack.

2nd: 1h cavalry actually KILLS lancer cavalry. At least if you got the skills, if you dont kill him.. well you gonna make his life miserable coz you gonna be in his back for the rest of the round. (the spinning nerf on horseback is the lamest nerf ever made in this game i would say). In the past, lancing on horseback required skill. Nowadays is lame and just require some planning and picking unaware targets. The fact you cant trick the enemy with your "attack angle" means there is only on way of killing someone. So predictable. So, its this or taking an arab gay horse. This horse kinda counters the effect of the nerf, since it allows you to circle in a split second.

Just that. Btw, what kafein says is true. Going on horseback is mostly a handicap than an advantage in nowaday's crpg. Any player who is decent will perform much better on ground. Still, even being 1h forever, i admit 2h is best class still (i play all classes btw, even selfnerfed alts).

Only accurate thing you said was about 2h outranging a horseman with a 1h. 

Of course a 1h infantry stab outreaches a cavalry 1h slash.  The fuck are you smoking?

Only way 1h cavalry kills lancers is if they down block, and the lancer doesn't get a good hit on their horse, and they cut off the lancer's horse (rearing it).  Then they sometimes get a good hit in.  Usually I still get away in these situations with minor damage to horse (never to me) or blocking their swing entirely.  If they block my horse it's usually only if they have teammates around that it gets me killed.  Otherwise I never worry about 1h cav when I'm lancing from horse.

As a 13th gen lancer cav, the "nerf" to radius with lance is a good change and was important.  It was pretty silly to be stabbing directly behind your horse's hind legs.  I think it would be cool to be able to switch your grip on the lance from underhand to overhand and be able to increase the radius and stab "down". 
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 04:06:14 pm by CrazyCracka420 »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Trikipum

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 05, 2013, 07:49:16 pm »
Only accurate thing you said was about 2h outranging a horseman with a 1h. 

Of course a 1h infantry stab outreaches a cavalry 1h slash.  The fuck are you smoking?

Only way 1h cavalry kills lancers is if they down block, and the lancer doesn't get a good hit on their horse, and they cut off the lancer's horse (rearing it).  Then they sometimes get a good hit in.  Usually I still get away in these situations with minor damage to horse (never to me) or blocking their swing entirely.  If they block my horse it's usually only if they have teammates around that it gets me killed.  Otherwise I never worry about 1h cav when I'm lancing from horse.

As a 13th gen lancer cav, the "nerf" to radius with lance is a good change and was important.  It was pretty silly to be stabbing directly behind your horse's hind legs.  I think it would be cool to be able to switch your grip on the lance from underhand to overhand and be able to increase the radius and stab "down".
What the fuck are you talking about, You say i only said a thing "right" but its something i didnt even say?. And you claim I smoke stuff?. See, you are showing how ignorant you are. And again. 1h on horseback eats lancers for breakfast but those in an arab horse. You can ask. I have stabed thousands and thousands of riders with lances while just using a 1h without even a shield. "as a 13 generation lancer bla bla bla bla". So what?. Im gen 21 1h and sum over 30 gens playing all classes and?. Btw, the nerf was retarded, and if you ever saw a guy with a lance on a horse (in rl) you will figure how much of a disabled persons are riders in crpg.
"if you can't handle waiting a few minutes now and then, this game is not for you"

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #50 on: December 05, 2013, 08:13:20 pm »
What the fuck are you talking about, You say i only said a thing "right" but its something i didnt even say?. And you claim I smoke stuff?. See, you are showing how ignorant you are. And again. 1h on horseback eats lancers for breakfast but those in an arab horse. You can ask. I have stabed thousands and thousands of riders with lances while just using a 1h without even a shield. "as a 13 generation lancer bla bla bla bla". So what?. Im gen 21 1h and sum over 30 gens playing all classes and?. Btw, the nerf was retarded, and if you ever saw a guy with a lance on a horse (in rl) you will figure how much of a disabled persons are riders in crpg.

you said
a 2h always have the edge in a combat vs a horse with 1h, even a 1h on ground. Just a bit of footwork and you kill 99% of riders (included me)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Trikipum

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 05, 2013, 08:21:01 pm »
+2
you said
Having an edge in a combat doesnt mean "outreaching", its just having the odds to win in your side... meh...