Author Topic: About 1H stabbing horses...  (Read 2566 times)

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 400
  • Infamy: 502
  • cRPG Player
  • Darksider on redemption
    • View Profile
Re: About 1H stabbing horses...
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2013, 01:49:44 pm »

I can't believe I have to explain this. Yes, their maximum speed is higher than that of infantry. However, horses take ages to make turns, even at standstill. they also take a lot of time to accelerate and decelerate. In all these things that, unlike speed, are actually relevant to direct fighting, infantry has a huge advantage.

I played cav you know, so I know too how fast horses turn, and I tell you, your opinion that it is nearly impossible to navigate around and get yourself in favourable position to strike (not to mention with a longer weapon and at higher speed), is completely false. If you cannot do it, then train harder.

Good archers will not aim at your shield, but your horse's head or rear. Infantry will hit the horse's legs.

Maybe you dont realize that most of the archers on c-rpg cant even hit a horse. Most of them have problem to calculate how much will the arrow arc in flight, let alone shooting a horse.

No horse is meant for frontal charges. Even a plated charged can only withstand a few hits in the legs.

If you want to turn this into realism discussion, you must also realize that speeding horse that is hit in its leg while in gallop will fall over and there is high chance that it will break its neck. Regardless of that, hitting an armored horse in its leg while it is running is pretty hard.

Pro-tip : no cav worth his salt is charging head-on. Due to the crippling weaknessses of cav in open combat, most dedicate themselves solely to hunt unaware enemies, because that's the only thing that will not get your horse and yourself killed instantly.

I disagree, but my disagreement comes from fact that cav players in this game cant execute head on cavalry formation lance charges.

In cRPG the lancing angle is equal to the couched lance angle, 70 degrees iirc. Anything slightly to the left or right cannot be hit.

I didnt know that you are talking about couching angle. As far as I know, you can also use lance normally using LMB.

It's just making easier something that was already easy. Cav doesn't make you invicible, rather the opposite.

Yeah well playing cav requires you to change your tactics. you must be oportunitist, you must take an advantage of your speed and play cautiously.

Do that, and you will prosper.

EDIT: By the way, I would also like to see the back muscle spasm of the cav fixed. I agree that suddenly turning your back 30 degrees makes it hard to aim, and it is one of my main problems playing this class.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 01:52:46 pm by Nightmare798 »
Tseng: Used to the bitter taste of refusal, this only serves to reinforce his greatest life lession yet.
Cloud: And that is?
Tseng: Bitches, man.

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2013, 01:54:19 pm »
Totally makes sense that you claim in your first post that it is toally bs ... omg dude

I claim that 1h weapon outreaching lance is bullshit.
Tseng: Used to the bitter taste of refusal, this only serves to reinforce his greatest life lession yet.

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2013, 01:54:39 pm »
+2
Maybe you dont realize that most of the archers on c-rpg cant even hit a horse. Most of them have problem to calculate how much will the arrow arc in flight, let alone shooting a horse.

where do you play? I want to play on this server filled with crappy archers because it sure inst eu1
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2013, 01:57:01 pm »
I claim that 1h weapon outreaching lance is bullshit.

I claim that Nightmare798's threads is bullshit.

Stating "1h can't  kill lance cav", is different than "1h can't outreach lancecav".
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2013, 01:58:07 pm »
I claim that Nightmare798's threads is bullshit.

Stating "1h can't  kill lance cav", is different that "1h can't outreach lancecav".

If you get killed by 1H while using a lance on horseback you are moron and should play something different.

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2013, 01:58:58 pm »
Were you not just muted? Keep making valuable threads like this and eventually it will be 4 a very long time mate. This is you just spitting random stuff, not a well argumented and proved point. You do know what a proper argument consists out of? Do you?

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2013, 02:03:45 pm »
Were you not just muted? Keep making valuable threads like this and eventually it will be 4 a very long time mate. This is you just spitting random stuff, not a well argumented and proved point. You do know what a proper argument consists out of? Do you?

I know that those ZOMG NERF 1H STAB BECAUSE I AM A MORON AND TRY TO BUMP SLASH ON HORSE are not any more valuable.

Get this: I will not let myself be run over and be slashed to death because some people claim that 1H should be completely helpless against cav.

My thread is practically:

Stop QQing and man up cav.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2013, 02:13:08 pm »
+1
It is your goddamn fault if you want to horse-bump-slash them, if you werent stupid, and turned a little while releasing your attack, you wouldnt get hit.

The 1h stab still outreaches a slashing weapon from horseback, even when you go for range instead of bump (depending on the weapons being used of course).
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2013, 02:17:43 pm »
The 1h stab still outreaches a slashing weapon from horseback, even when you go for range instead of bump (depending on the weapons being used of course).

Depends on what weapon you use.

The problem is that you are higher above ground, which means that your reach is reduced. you are practically using your horse as meatshield.

However using weapons like arabian cavalry sword will give you enough reach to slash people off horse without getting hurt.

My point is that when you charge at someone on horse head on, you are asking to have your horse killed.

Offline Spurdospera

• Earl
  • Renown: 315
  • Infamy: 20
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Spurdo...
  • IRC nick: Spurdo
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2013, 02:24:50 pm »
In cRPG the lancing angle is equal to the couched lance angle, 70 degrees iirc. Anything slightly to the left or right cannot be hit.
I didnt know that you are talking about couching angle. As far as I know, you can also use lance normally using LMB.
Can´t you read? "Lancing angle(LMB) = couched lance angle"
Quote from: Mortemer
spurdo is as useless as my hat.

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2013, 02:32:13 pm »
Do I seriously need to explain what is the difference between COUCHED LANCE AND PLAIN NORMAL LMB POLEARM ATTACK?

Offline Spurdospera

• Earl
  • Renown: 315
  • Infamy: 20
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Spurdo...
  • IRC nick: Spurdo
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2013, 02:34:21 pm »
Do I seriously need to explain what is the difference between COUCHED LANCE AND PLAIN NORMAL LMB POLEARM ATTACK?
have you even played as polearm cavalry since 2010?
Quote from: Mortemer
spurdo is as useless as my hat.

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2013, 02:36:59 pm »
have you even played as polearm cavalry since 2010?

Ok ok, Ill try it the other way. open crpg launcher start the game, pick your cav character, and ride around a few rounds, and try the difference between using a couched lance attack and normal LMB attack. LMB attack is easier to aim and has much broader turning radius.

Offline Rebelyell

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 398
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Bobby
  • IRC nick: boobby
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2013, 02:49:29 pm »
I know that those ZOMG NERF 1H STAB BECAUSE I AM A MORON AND TRY TO BUMP SLASH ON HORSE are not any more valuable.

Get this: I will not let myself be run over and be slashed to death because some people claim that 1H should be completely helpless against cav.

My thread is practically:

Stop QQing and man up cav.

your stupidity cause in me such emotions that to describe that we need....
no i cant describe that, I am not fuking William Shakespeare.

get yours shit together
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
You just killed me
Nerf you maybe?

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2013, 02:52:16 pm »
+1
I played cav you know, so I know too how fast horses turn, and I tell you, your opinion that it is nearly impossible to navigate around and get yourself in favourable position to strike (not to mention with a longer weapon and at higher speed), is completely false. If you cannot do it, then train harder.

My opinion is not that it is nearly impossible to navigate around. I used to play cav (1h/pole hybrid with lance) almost exclusively, and used to be one of these lancers topping the scoreboards when better lancers weren't around. But playing cav right now is extremely unfair. Due to minimal horse agility, once you commit to an attack your fate is in the hands of others, not of yourself. Players that shine as both cav and inf have very strong incentives to play inf considering cav depends much more on how crappy your enemies are rather than how good you are yourself, on top of all the other disadvantages.

lolno

If you want to turn this into realism discussion, you must also realize that speeding horse that is hit in its leg while in gallop will fall over and there is high chance that it will break its neck. Regardless of that, hitting an armored horse in its leg while it is running is pretty hard.

I don't want to bring realism into this. You are the one using realism arguments to justify that heavy horses are marginally more survivable, which is a fact of the mod.

I disagree, but my disagreement comes from fact that cav players in this game cant execute head on cavalry formation lance charges.

Hence why charge formations are irrelevant, and only theoritically effective. This is an argument in favor of my point, that cav in cRPG is about sneaking up on people.

You can't read. We are talking about the ANGLE

Yeah well playing cav requires you to change your tactics. you must be oportunitist, you must take an advantage of your speed and play cautiously.

Do that, and you will prosper.

That's exactly my point about cav's only quality being the superior ability to backstab. Change class to 2h or pole and you will prosper much more with much less effort.

BTW I think your point about 1h stab not needing any change is correct, but the views of some cav players represent such a small part of the population, I don't think it's worth discussing it that extensively.