Author Topic: About 1H stabbing horses...  (Read 2567 times)

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 400
  • Infamy: 502
  • cRPG Player
  • Darksider on redemption
    • View Profile
About 1H stabbing horses...
« on: December 04, 2013, 12:19:58 pm »
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 11:27:41 pm by Kalam »
Tseng: Used to the bitter taste of refusal, this only serves to reinforce his greatest life lession yet.
Cloud: And that is?
Tseng: Bitches, man.

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 722
  • Infamy: 209
  • cRPG Player
  • (X) probably goes well with Nutella
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guards, Guards!
  • Game nicks: Dezi_the_Bagel
  • IRC nick: Dezilagel
Re: About 1H stabbing horses...
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2013, 12:28:26 pm »
+1
Worthy of a topic - Worthy of General Discussion
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Quote from: Rumblood
You fuck, or you get fucked.
Valour Multghulis - All Krems Must Die

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2013, 12:32:58 pm »
+1
so, if even 1h is off-limits to cav, what are they supposed to do ?

Offline bavvoz

• Earl
  • Renown: 323
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Bavvo
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2013, 12:35:39 pm »
+1

Accept death!

Seriously though its not that hard to kill cav with swings and footwork to :)

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2013, 12:42:24 pm »

What, you cant adapt your higher speed and aditional health into combat?
Tseng: Used to the bitter taste of refusal, this only serves to reinforce his greatest life lession yet.

Offline Clockworkkiller

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 872
  • Infamy: 573
  • cRPG Player
  • I shit dopamine
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Clockworkkiller
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2013, 12:50:58 pm »
+1
I've killed plenty of lancers using my warhammer
You are a horrible human being clockwork.

If i ever get muted on forums, contact me on crpg.net

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2013, 12:51:32 pm »
I've killed plenty of lancer before using my warhammer

Did they try to stab you?

EDIT: Did they try to stab you at high speed with couched lance and hit?

Offline Strudog

• Marshall
  • Renown: 922
  • Infamy: 361
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • A Dog
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Britfag
  • Game nicks: Strudog
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2013, 12:54:16 pm »
+5
it is quite easy to kill lancers with a 1h, their turning angle is awful and thus you can use this to beat them
This is the internet.
Men are men
Women are men
Little girls are FBI agents.
Those are the rules no?

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2013, 12:55:35 pm »
+1
What, you cant adapt your higher speed and aditional health into combat?

Lol, you speak like there are no disadvantages to being cav, and proceed to cite speed, which is the ONLY advantage of cav and "additional health" which is not a statement that reflects reality at all. Horsemen have two distinct health bars. Losing one or the other equals death with very few exceptions. Nobody can adapt to losing 99% of their agility and be a huge ass target which cannot be protected and dies from basically anything due to speed bonus.

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2013, 12:56:10 pm »
it is quite easy to kill lancers with a 1h, their turning angle is awful and thus you can use this to beat them

That is however matter of skill. If they cant hit you with a dagger on a long stick while speeding on a horse, they just need to get better.

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2013, 01:00:43 pm »
+1
That is however matter of skill. If they cant hit you with a dagger on a long stick while speeding on a horse, they just need to get better.

Have you tried doing it before spouting nonsense ? Do you know how narrow the time window for releasing a lance attack is on a "speeding horse" ?

Offline bavvoz

• Earl
  • Renown: 323
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Bavvo
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2013, 01:00:57 pm »
+1

U could reverse that aswell. If u get hit by a knife on a stick with a very limited angle u need to get better. Better footwork or use the terrain to ur advantage.

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2013, 01:06:00 pm »
Lol, you speak like there are no disadvantages to being cav, and proceed to cite speed, which is the ONLY advantage of cav and "additional health" which is not a statement that reflects reality at all. Horsemen have two distinct health bars. Losing one or the other equals death with very few exceptions. Nobody can adapt to losing 99% of their agility and be a huge ass target which cannot be protected and dies from basically anything due to speed bonus.

That is strange, after being dehorsed, I can still get up and fight most of the time, unless I am stupid and go rambo on a group of people.

Losing 99 of their agility? They are on horse back! that means they are faster than everyone else. Also, they can protect themselves, shield is there to cover them from projectiles.

Them dying to anything really depends on the horse they have. If they ride around or unarmored palfrey or destrier, ofc they are not exactly supposed to be long lived. Those horses are not meant for frontal charges.

And tbh, I was able to stab them off horse even prepatch. It is just slightly easier now.

The point is that if they actually knew that they should not charge head-on on your sword and instead turn a little to their side and do a sword drive-by, they would be fine. But no, they just go, try to crash into you, and then slash you while you are on ground.

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2013, 01:10:05 pm »
U could reverse that aswell. If u get hit by a knife on a stick with a very limited angle u need to get better. Better footwork or use the terrain to ur advantage.

Very limited angle? as far asI know they can turn in at least 160 degrees radius. that is enough to easily aim and hit.

And as far as I know, I was not complaining about getting stabbed by lance off horseback, I was complaing about people complaining that they cant simply zap through your weapon and easily kill you. Horse is not supposed make you invincible, it gives you speed, meat shield and high ground.

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2013, 01:23:09 pm »
That is strange, after being dehorsed, I can still get up and fight most of the time, unless I am stupid and go rambo on a group of people.

Maybe you are some rambo god that never gets dehorsed near enemies. More likely, you just forgot about it whne writing this post.

Losing 99 of their agility? They are on horse back! that means they are faster than everyone else.

I can't believe I have to explain this. Yes, their maximum speed is higher than that of infantry. However, horses take ages to make turns, even at standstill. they also take a lot of time to accelerate and decelerate. In all these things that, unlike speed, are actually relevant to direct fighting, infantry has a huge advantage.

Also, they can protect themselves, shield is there to cover them from projectiles.

Good archers will not aim at your shield, but your horse's head or rear. Infantry will hit the horse's legs.

Them dying to anything really depends on the horse they have. If they ride around or unarmored palfrey or destrier, ofc they are not exactly supposed to be long lived. Those horses are not meant for frontal charges.

No horse is meant for frontal charges. Even a plated charged can only withstand a few hits in the legs.

And tbh, I was able to stab them off horse even prepatch. It is just slightly easier now.

Exactly

The point is that if they actually knew that they should not charge head-on on your sword and instead turn a little to their side and do a sword drive-by, they would be fine. But no, they just go, try to crash into you, and then slash you while you are on ground.

Pro-tip : no cav worth his salt is charging head-on. Due to the crippling weaknessses of cav in open combat, most dedicate themselves solely to hunt unaware enemies, because that's the only thing that will not get your horse and yourself killed instantly.

Very limited angle? as far asI know they can turn in at least 160 degrees radius. that is enough to easily aim and hit.

In cRPG the lancing angle is equal to the couched lance angle, 70 degrees iirc. Anything slightly to the left or right cannot be hit.

And as far as I know, I was not complaining about getting stabbed by lance off horseback, I was complaing about people complaining that they cant simply zap through your weapon and easily kill you. Horse is not supposed make you invincible, it gives you speed, meat shield and high ground.

It's just making easier something that was already easy. Cav doesn't make you invicible, rather the opposite.