Author Topic: Stabbing is overused.....  (Read 2969 times)

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
Re: Stabbing is overused.....
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2013, 06:46:39 pm »
Huehuehue  :lol:
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Kaoklai

• Tournament Champion
  • Earl
  • Renown: 400
  • Infamy: 285
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Free Huey
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2013, 07:12:15 pm »
Stabbing will always be the best opener because it moves in a straight line towards your opponent. 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline protox2k

• Earl
  • Renown: 304
  • Infamy: 67
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mango
  • Game nicks: Soft_Juicy_Mango
  • IRC nick: Kev
« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2013, 07:31:36 pm »
+1
Before the patch it was underused and people raged about it always glancing

People will always complain

personally i have gotten used to the stabs now

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 544
  • Infamy: 88
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2013, 08:31:09 pm »
+4
When it comes to 1H, I would prefer change back to old animation but with buffed 1H stabs by 3 points on average. Many players will glance, but those who know what they are doing will be quite deadly. But as usual, Paul is doing everything in his might to reduce the difference between skilled and less skilled players :wink:

Offline PsychoTwins

• Earl
  • Renown: 453
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: FarmerBob, NinjaBob, 20PingIsHardBob, StrIsHardBob, HaxorBob
« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2013, 08:43:18 pm »
People are going to overuse the longest attack of the weapon no matter what type of attack it is. If you lower range on stab then people will just use whatever is the new longest and overuse it.
Here, dear crpg folk, we have an honest man who doesn't conceal the truth out of the fear of getting nerfed. He surely deserves a round of heartfelt applause.

Offline Artyem

• King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 264
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul / Raven / SODOMY
  • Game nicks: Artyem
« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2013, 09:00:55 pm »
It'd be cool to see a decrease in stab weapons on the field, but that's mostly because I play cavalry.

You know it's getting bad when 1h and 2h can kill horses just as easily as polearms can, I'm certainly not raging over this, but it is pretty silly.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sordida asinum latronibus sumus

Offline Clockworkkiller

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 872
  • Infamy: 573
  • cRPG Player
  • I shit dopamine
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Clockworkkiller
« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2013, 09:03:54 pm »
+1
Stabbing with a sword and shield once conquered half the known world
You are a horrible human being clockwork.

If i ever get muted on forums, contact me on crpg.net

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2013, 01:47:17 am »
Buff swing damage, not speed.

When it comes to 1H, I would prefer change back to old animation but with buffed 1H stabs by 3 points on average. Many players will glance, but those who know what they are doing will be quite deadly. But as usual, Paul is doing everything in his might to reduce the difference between skilled and less skilled players :wink:

How does the new 1h stab makes the game less skillbased ? Before, not a single relevant 1h player was using the stab anyway. Those that did use it got frequently eaten alive by braindead 2h or pole spammers because a clean stab decided to bounce, I don't see how solving this problem makes the difference between skilled and less skilled players smaller.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 01:50:41 am by Kafein »

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2744
  • Infamy: 2498
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 04, 2013, 02:19:11 am »
+1
Not sure are they relevant to you but both Zlisch and Trikipuma used stab a lot before animation change. Also there were other shielders, very deadly but can't remember them right now, who used stab all the time.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #39 on: December 04, 2013, 02:24:23 am »
I'd prefer this as well, but it really isn't some magic skill thingy, things are as skillbased as before, they're just less fun. There's a reason I stopped using an espada on my 1h chars, with the espada the best animation at everything (speed, damage, length) was the stab, I felt like I was playing a hoplite except it was more boring somehow.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 05, 2013, 01:11:07 am »
Not sure are they relevant to you but both Zlisch and Trikipuma used stab a lot before animation change. Also there were other shielders, very deadly but can't remember them right now, who used stab all the time.

Yeah and those guys were beasts anyway. The stab being very hard to pull off correctly doesn't mean that skill will help you use it more effectively than the same skill applied to something else.

Offline Trikipum

• Count
  • Renown: 155
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 05, 2013, 10:06:19 pm »
Stab got very bad after they nerfed the spin rate for 1h. Ive been told they recently "buffed" that spin rate for 1h but im not sure about. The stab for 1h is just like the 2h's stab now. Just shorter. Some year and a half ago, I used to make most my kills with a stab. About 80% of my kills were that way. Then they nerfed the spin rate for everyone (to "fix" 2h lol stab). That left the stab in a very bad shape (for 1h), still i kept using it but not so much. The spin nerf didnt allow you to stab from "too close". The usual method was doing a quick spin to the left, from the right side and stab. Was quite deadly. After that it wasnt posible, and stabs from a far distance are very easily read. So i went to a 50% or less of my kills with stabs (that is why i use a long arming sword nowadays and not a slavona as i used to do). Nowadays it seems the stab just goes through, no matter if you spin or not. I personally would get the "last stab" with a buff in the spin, which is what allowed to use it "with skill". Just that.
"if you can't handle waiting a few minutes now and then, this game is not for you"