Author Topic: WPP Sum and Cost Formula Rework(Includes WM)  (Read 49063 times)

Offline Phew

• Marshall
  • Renown: 775
  • Infamy: 132
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Phew_XVI
Re: WPP Sum and Cost Formula Rework(Includes WM)
« Reply #675 on: November 25, 2013, 09:28:15 pm »
Cmon, no one force you to take powerstrike dude. You are absolutely free to do any freak defensive build.

Try to nudge, kick or crushtrough lolshield horseman with a charger-bumper.

We're talking about different classes I think. I'm talking about 13 shield rondel trolls. 13 shield skill or 6 shield skill don't make much difference when mounted; if you don't want to get bumped, bring a fauchard or something and rear the horse.

Offline Silveredge

• Count
  • Renown: 190
  • Infamy: 41
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Silveredge
« Reply #676 on: November 25, 2013, 09:28:40 pm »
+3
I never understood why an unbreakable shield was allowed to exist in the game.  Is it coded in such a way that it can't be changed?  Honestly it's only utilized by trolls, all it does is waste everyone's time when they just want the round to end so they can enjoy the game.  It really does hurt cRPG rather then help it.

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #677 on: November 25, 2013, 09:44:03 pm »
(click to show/hide)
If someone obviously is wasting time, his actions are against the offical eu server rules.
You can poll kick/ban him if that is activated, an admin can warn/kick him. You can make screenshots like with tks and post them to get the player banned. Perhaps instead of a nerv, the common sense rule needsto be a bit stricter onto these matters.
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline Cup1d

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercs
« Reply #678 on: November 25, 2013, 10:48:32 pm »
+1
We're talking about different classes I think. I'm talking about 13 shield rondel trolls. 13 shield skill or 6 shield skill don't make much difference when mounted; if you don't want to get bumped, bring a fauchard or something and rear the horse.

It make huge difference, because 13 shield skill forcefield will make almost imunne to damage your horse too.

Also - with 39 agi you'll have enough wpf to use hunting crossbow. Or darts. Or scythe, or another discouraging weapon.

Offline Blackbow

• Duke
  • Renown: 560
  • Infamy: 282
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Murcs
« Reply #679 on: November 26, 2013, 12:27:17 am »
It make huge difference, because 13 shield skill forcefield will make almost imunne to damage your horse too.

Also - with 39 agi you'll have enough wpf to use hunting crossbow. Or darts. Or scythe, or another discouraging weapon.

just put shield skill based on strengh instead of agi to balance retarded agi shielder build
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Thranduil

• Earl
  • Renown: 367
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
  • what? ... What? ... WHAT?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Ward of Mithrim
  • Game nicks: Warden_Thranduil The_Doctor
« Reply #680 on: November 26, 2013, 01:38:34 am »
+1
just put shield skill based on strengh instead of agi to balance retarded agi shielder build

At first, I liked this idea, but now I can't get out of my head the vision of someone in heavy armor, with an indestructible Huscarl and a Rondel Dagger, and a Heavy Maul on their back, or some other polearm with high destructive power or long reach. A combination of all I hate fighting as a balanced swrd'n'brd.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 530
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: November 28, 2013, 11:50:53 pm »
+1
I hit like a girl (yes, I play one too).

Have 7 PS and 125 wpf (with synergy bonus) in 2H/Poles/1H (tripple hybrid). Need silly amount of hits to put down anyone armored. Like 4 hits to the head with high damage blunt weapons and stuff like that.

Have you changed the formula or wpf have extra effects on damage these days because with 7 PS I feel like a weakling?

They say people respecced to AGI but every single soviet player won't go down without 6 or 7 very good hits. Is this just me and my inability to execute proper attack or someone else feels this way?

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #682 on: November 29, 2013, 12:18:58 am »
+3
They say there's more agi when it's really just more fake/wannabe agi (balanced builds) thinking they're fast all of a sudden.

Offline HUtH

• Baron
  • Renown: 94
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: November 29, 2013, 12:30:49 am »
I hit like a girl (yes, I play one too).

Have 7 PS and 125 wpf (with synergy bonus) in 2H/Poles/1H (tripple hybrid). Need silly amount of hits to put down anyone armored. Like 4 hits to the head with high damage blunt weapons and stuff like that.

Have you changed the formula or wpf have extra effects on damage these days because with 7 PS I feel like a weakling?

They say people respecced to AGI but every single soviet player won't go down without 6 or 7 very good hits. Is this just me and my inability to execute proper attack or someone else feels this way?
higher wpf would give you a bit more dmg(dunno what armour you wear), but with 7PS you should hit quite hard...
There is a solution - get weapon with higher dmg :P

btw there needs to be done something with these rondel+shield trolls without armour, they can even kill cav... I don't know the builds maybe they have too high shield skill, because of their insane agi, so they are so well protected that often stand unitl almost the end of the round?
Somehow limit the shield skill of agiwhores - smth about STR and shield requirement? For shield with difficulty 3, you need 3 shield skill AND 9 STR too? It doesn't seem odd, you need some muscles to take hits on it and still hold it...
And/or make nudges/shieldbashing/bumps much more powerfull against low str(and maybe also IF) chars, so they are stunned longer, and make nudges of very low STR chars very weak?
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 01:04:35 am by HUtH »
Sorry
for
my
terrible
English

Offline Thranduil

• Earl
  • Renown: 367
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
  • what? ... What? ... WHAT?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Ward of Mithrim
  • Game nicks: Warden_Thranduil The_Doctor
« Reply #684 on: November 29, 2013, 07:03:55 am »
higher wpf would give you a bit more dmg(dunno what armour you wear), but with 7PS you should hit quite hard...
There is a solution - get weapon with higher dmg :P

btw there needs to be done something with these rondel+shield trolls without armour, they can even kill cav... I don't know the builds maybe they have too high shield skill, because of their insane agi, so they are so well protected that often stand unitl almost the end of the round?
Somehow limit the shield skill of agiwhores - smth about STR and shield requirement? For shield with difficulty 3, you need 3 shield skill AND 9 STR too? It doesn't seem odd, you need some muscles to take hits on it and still hold it...
And/or make nudges/shieldbashing/bumps much more powerfull against low str(and maybe also IF) chars, so they are stunned longer, and make nudges of very low STR chars very weak?

Realistically speaking, I don't think that would have been quite as appealing to shielders before the patch, but now, as a shielder, and really thinking about how it would affect me, I think it's not that bad of an idea. Just needs some fine tuning. It will affect some people negatively, but in general, I don't think this would hurt the average shielder by much, and if it did, buff shielder. (actually, I'd be more happy with a new 1h sword: rapier)  :mrgreen:  This wouldn't necessarily get rid of Huscarl with Rondel Dagger players, but they wouldn't be quite as spammy, and they wouldn't have invincible shields anymore. No one would! The only real issue to me is that you have to wait that much longer to use a decent shield (i.e. a shield that doesn't break in one or two hits). But since this level can be reached in a few hours, it isn't that bad of an issue.  This would, however, force higher end shield users to have a more balanced character. Steel shield would have to have an 18/18 build, Huscarl would have 15/21 or 21/15 build (mine). But considering that there are only 4 level 5 shields, and only 1 level 6 shield, it still leaves a lot to play around with for the build.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 07:09:53 am by Thranduil »

Offline owens

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 389
  • cRPG Player
  • PK_BALLA
    • View Profile
    • Our Website
  • Faction: Persian Kittens
  • Game nicks: PK's nice guy
  • IRC nick: PK world tour pm to donate
« Reply #685 on: November 29, 2013, 09:01:02 am »
Shield used to be STR based and it was ridiculous.

However I am in favor of str req on shields over 5 or 6 weight. Personally I have no problem with troll builds as it gives a players with high ping, low skill or lots of money something to do. 
PK is back

PK is a collection of elites from throughout modern and ancient history. Giants of Calradia individually, as a group these gods of combat shatter all expectations and ascend to a higher plain of victory that only a few have seen before.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: November 29, 2013, 12:20:06 pm »
+1
Yes, let's make shield skill STR based and destroy their last bit of hope to ever catch an archer.

Offline HUtH

• Baron
  • Renown: 94
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: November 29, 2013, 02:19:29 pm »
Yes, let's make shield skill STR based and destroy their last bit of hope to ever catch an archer.
I didn't write about making shield skill based on STR, man....
Sorry
for
my
terrible
English

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #688 on: November 29, 2013, 02:34:36 pm »
+1
Shield skill functionality simply needs reworked. 8% DR per shield skill level is dumb. I'd rather do 6% DR per level with a 20% DR base, although I have no idea if this is possible without wse.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Rebelyell

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 398
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Bobby
  • IRC nick: boobby
« Reply #689 on: November 29, 2013, 03:37:13 pm »
+3
let us use any shield we want with drawbacks
like no forcefield, low resistance, low shieldspeed ect ect

but let us use that HI-TECH piece of engineering(aliens probably involved) so we can stop arrows

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
You just killed me
Nerf you maybe?