Author Topic: Face/Helmet Editing in Crpg  (Read 1453 times)

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Face/Helmet Editing in Crpg
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2013, 03:50:02 pm »
Nothing is a state which combines nothing with something. Within something there is some form or entiety, within nothing whatever is defined as nothing is actually defined as something. Within nothing there always exists something. Therefore nothing is not nothing but really everything.

I should really not de-rail this thread :D

Sorry guys carry on

We can continue this discussion here: http://forum.melee.org/general-off-topic/is-nothing-something/
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2013, 05:26:25 pm »
Enough hijacking his thread, mind helping Muunilinst with his issue instead of pointless philosophical discussions?

His issue is apparently that he has a really big or really tiny head. And standard size helms do not fit on his freakishly proportioned noggin. What else is there to discuss about that?

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2013, 06:53:19 pm »
An easier solution is to just properly assign the "hide head" or "hide facial hair" flag to helmets.  There is no reason that all closed face helmets shouldn't hide the entire head.  Hiding facial hair has a bit more room for argument, but when it's helmets that only show your eyes or are mostly closed, it should be used.  However, we are talking about a team that took three months to remove the hide head tag from Kazakh helmets afte r making pumpkin heads for Halloween and still hasn't taken the red count down timer off their site after 6 months.
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2013, 07:21:21 pm »
+1
An easier solution is to just properly assign the "hide head" or "hide facial hair" flag to helmets.

Would that stop the helmets from melting into the shape of peoples' faces? I love it when you can tell someone has a hellishly deformed face without even seeing it. The gravitational pull of their nose is strong enough to warp the shape of a metal helm.

If that's the issue this thread is discussing, I hope they never fix it.  :twisted:

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2013, 07:29:50 pm »
Would that stop the helmets from melting into the shape of peoples' faces? I love it when you can tell someone has a hellishly deformed face without even seeing it. The gravitational pull of their nose is strong enough to warp the shape of a metal helm.

If that's the issue this thread is discussing, I hope they never fix it.  :twisted:

I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think it would.  Someone posted a thread recently about hiding facial hair, and showed how you can change it client side.  If you cared enough, which I don't, you can mess around with that.
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2013, 02:17:47 am »

Please Vagabond.....don't sound like a random polished/russian kid, you used to be a Bandit......  :?

Gnjus correcting people's English now?

So does that mean you're gonna learn the difference between "than" and "then", and also "recon" and "reckon"?
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.

Offline RobertOfDrugsley

• Count
  • Renown: 210
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ANGST
  • Game nicks: ANGST_Robert_of_Drugsley, ANGST_Waldorph_the_Salad, ANGST_Monkey_Fling_Poo
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2013, 12:47:19 pm »
I'll sell you a polished Russian kid for 2 loom points and 150k.
I find the idea of defending someone who isn't been violently raped unacceptable on moral grounds.

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2013, 12:59:59 pm »
+2
So does that mean you're gonna learn the difference between "than" and "then", and also "recon" and "reckon"?

No I wont, being a proud member of the Slavic people with a strong mental connection to the glorious nation of Turklings I can allow myself 2 or 3 errors among hundreds of thousands of English words that I spell correctly. Deal with it.

I don't, however, make some cardinal mistakes like our friend Vagabond here, that would make me look like I got out strait out of the Grey/Druzhina key-factory. Don't act like a devil's advocate around here Bjordy-boy, whenever you try it you end up getting your ass mutilated. Haven't you had enough of "silence" ?  :wink:

Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2013, 01:10:56 pm »
+1
If you think I'm being the devil's advocate then you don't know what that means. I wasn't defending anyone, I was pointing out the irony of how you're correcting someone's English when you've been unable to learn the difference between "then" and "than" for who knows how long.

It's like seeing someone misspell the word "intelligence".
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.