Author Topic: so has anyone bought the ff7 re-release?  (Read 809 times)

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 400
  • Infamy: 502
  • cRPG Player
  • Darksider on redemption
    • View Profile
Re: so has anyone bought the ff7 re-release?
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2013, 09:34:08 pm »
Umm, it does. It is also very strategic, even in the earliest fights. Don't pay attention or use a proper strategy and you are done. You can't just stand in place as a healer and spam heals. You can't just target a mob and auto-attack as a tank. You can't just stand back and nuke as a DPS. And with the class system, every healer can also be DPS and every other role can be a different one when the situation demands.

You do know WoW is just a "ripoff" of every MMORPG that came before it right? And then a "ripoff" of every game after it that had a unique idea, right? You do know this? There is a reason that the word "genre" exists.

Seriously, not trying to be mean to you or even defend everything about the game, because there are complaints I could make that are really of little consequence, but you haven't played it so quit trying to tell people what it is, because it is evident every time you post that you really don't know.

i know, i know, the cycle begins anew and every mmorpg is same...

which is practically what i hate about it.

nearly 10 years have passed since wow was released and more than 10 years have passed since everquest [which is what wow copied] was released, and nobody even bothered to innovate. mmo stands for massive multiplayer online, and unlike other genres, this does not have to be a specific type of game. and even genre can be innovative!

mount and blade itself is a great example of innovation of action rpg. [even tho this is a past but still, in its time it WAS innovative]

you can say all you want, but this game is is still same as many before it. an mmo with point and click combat, boring sidequests made of bring me X ammount of this, deliver Y, kill ammount of Z and so on. heck even the main director and producer confirmed it to be a wow clone.

According to an interview with Naoki Yoshida, the director and producer of FFXIV ARR, the new game will be a WoW clone.  When the original FFXIV was being released a couple years ago the director of that game said that they were using WoW as their model of success.

this is where my disgust comes from. i am sad how once great and original series fell into mediocrity and unoriginality. and i certainly dont want to see my favourite series being associated with another dull wow clone.
Tseng: Used to the bitter taste of refusal, this only serves to reinforce his greatest life lession yet.
Cloud: And that is?
Tseng: Bitches, man.