Author Topic: Two-directional polearms are a fucking joke  (Read 6554 times)

Offline kono yaro!

• Baron
  • Renown: 129
  • Infamy: 127
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: b0nk
Re: Two-directional polearms are a fucking joke
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2013, 09:30:00 am »
+2
I agree with Teeth, especially Awlpikes are totally retarded. By far the most broken weapon in the game at the moment. They deal huge damage, have a good range and are just insanely fast. Combine this with kick spamming and enjoy the easy mode...

good range? no, not really. awl/ash were always outranged by 2h..

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2013, 10:04:07 am »
+5
Its easy to say something is easy when its all you do. If you spend 90% of your time stabbing guys with poles you will get very good at it, doesn't mean its necessarily OP compared to something else you might train yourself to use.

If you get 2 directions they bloody well should be good stabbing weapons, the best in the game even

How many random polearm players actually pick up 2D poles and rape with them, compared to say 1 hand, 2 hand, ranged etc?
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 10:07:24 am by Grumbs »
If you have ranged troubles use this:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Lezard

• Knight
  • Renown: 66
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2013, 11:18:08 am »
+1 Always thought the awlpike and similar weapons were OP. Insane damage with great speed gained from the pole-thrust and hard to see. Not to mention the pole overhead got a speed buff recently as well. You don't need 4-d when you can wiggle that thrust, kickslash and zoom around switching targets for fast kills.

Now of course the same could be said about 1h stabs and perhaps even 2h stabs, so I am willing to say that all stabs are OP. The thing is that these weapons are extremely good at stabbing which makes these weapons the most OP weapon on the server.

QFT!

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2013, 03:30:56 pm »
This thread needs knitler saying the awlpike is OP as fuck.

By the way, it really is.

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2013, 03:49:12 pm »
+1
a guy using the weapon is most qualified in saying it is op,  id consider teeth an expert in penis
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2013, 03:50:02 pm »
+2
Opness sorry
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline no_rules_just_play

• King
  • Renown: 1401
  • Infamy: 384
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE; Peasants United; Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: CapraAegagrusHircus_HRE; no_rules_just_play_HRE
  • IRC nick: norulesjustplay
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2013, 04:10:02 pm »
hello i am no rules, I usually play with a long awlpike

I am not sure if you guys were talking about my weapon too, but I personally think the long awlpike is very strong indeed. Yet I wouldn't say it is as OP as ashwood pike+shield.
I also often feel like I even underestimate the awlpikes reach and let me get outstabbed by an awlpike while I am holding the longer version in my hands. But ofcourse, this might be because even if I like playing this class, I am not the best at it.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2013, 05:31:41 pm »
+4
Long Spear and Pike is better than 2d polearms though.
Pfft, when did you ever play pike since last patch? Two-directional weapons have much higher stab speed and much more consistent damage output and are therefore way easier at racking up kills in a group fight. Not saying pike or longspear are bad by any means, but especially when considering an average player, he is going to have a much easier time doing well with a two-directional than with a pike or longspear. Also your ability to fight alone is much, much higher with a two-directional and movement speed gets not nearly raped as hard by two-directionals as a pike.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 05:35:12 pm by Teeth »

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2013, 05:55:58 pm »
Pfft, when did you ever play pike since last patch?

I used Long Spear and Pike in all strat battles until recently when I changed my strat character to 1h cav.

Two-directional weapons have much higher stab speed and much more consistent damage output and are therefore way easier at racking up kills in a group fight. Not saying pike or longspear are bad by any means, but especially when considering an average player, he is going to have a much easier time doing well with a two-directional than with a pike or longspear.

Yes, I agree, 1d polearms are worse for new players. However, players good at using pike or long spear can carry the whole team in mass melee. Stabbing around and over your teammates in a mass melee is a lot better than being a hard hitter closer, at least that's what I think.

Also your ability to fight alone is much, much higher with a two-directional and movement speed gets not nearly raped as hard by two-directionals as a pike.

True, but people underestimate the pike and long spear. Jump, spin and stab to the head was a move I practiced back when no one else on eu used the pike, and even after a bunch of turn rate nerfs, you'll still kill a lot with such a simple move. Sky-stabs is also very useful up close, particularly with the long spear.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2013, 06:08:24 pm »
+4
Strat =/= EU 1

Of course pikes and longspears are better in Strat battles because people respawn, which causes you to always play in the best situation for using a longspear or pike. Two big opposing squads duking it out, which allows you to sit back and wreck shit continously. Pike is my weapon of choice as well in any Strat field battle. On EU 1 this best situation lasts about 30 seconds which allows you to wreck for a very short while and EU 1 has a shit ton of situations where your pike makes you fairly dead meat. One of them being a very slow moving ranged target and the other one being ganks.

Don't think the game is balanced by Strat.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2013, 06:15:23 pm »
True, strat and eu 1 is not the same. That's why I think long spear is the very best of them all. Good enough for 1v1, fast enough and good for curving stabs. Pike and 2d polearms are both more situational.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Rebelyell

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 398
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Bobby
  • IRC nick: boobby
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2013, 06:43:36 pm »
+2
Strat =/= EU 1

Of course pikes and longspears are better in Strat battles because people respawn, which causes you to always play in the best situation for using a longspear or pike. Two big opposing squads duking it out, which allows you to sit back and wreck shit continously. Pike is my weapon of choice as well in any Strat field battle. On EU 1 this best situation lasts about 30 seconds which allows you to wreck for a very short while and EU 1 has a shit ton of situations where your pike makes you fairly dead meat. One of them being a very slow moving ranged target and the other one being ganks.

Don't think the game is balanced by Strat.

we have to force Tydeus to join some open field battle with knitler hebai and others alwpike heroes and show him how stupidly broken that weapon is

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
You just killed me
Nerf you maybe?

Offline Daunt_Flockula

• Marshall
  • Renown: 870
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
  • Step aside peasants!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pixel Paladins
  • Game nicks: Cock_Blockula Kunt_Blockula Daunt_Flockula
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2013, 06:54:29 pm »
I think about two weeks ago, I GTX crpg for the first time ever. The reason was Teeth's band of awlpikers who always stuck together. For 3 to 4 rounds consecutively, I put up with the bulshittiness of the awlpike gang but I guess I snapped at some point and didn't return for the rest of the day.

Still, as he points out himself, Teeth has the balls to criticize the weapon he himself abuses. Also as he said, all damn stabs are so freaking broken. I think they have to be revised (sounds cooler than "nerfed"). Additionally, turn rate nerf has to come back. Because high turn rate is currently the best friend of a stab abuser ::cough.stabdraging::

Offline Fartface

• Earl
  • Renown: 476
  • Infamy: 288
  • cRPG Player
  • Centurii
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deathcore,Djentcore,Deathmetal,Brutal,Slam
  • Game nicks: Growling,Grunting,Screaming,Squeeling
  • IRC nick: Fuck I love it.
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2013, 07:39:40 pm »
+1
we have to force Tydeus to join some open field battle with knitler hebai and others alwpike heroes and show him how stupidly broken that weapon is
Let´s take the best group of players that use a weapon, and use them to prove how OP the weapon is for average players...

Offline Rebelyell

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 398
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Bobby
  • IRC nick: boobby
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2013, 08:15:50 pm »
Let´s take the best group of players that use a weapon, and use them to prove how OP the weapon is for average players...

you can't ignore fact it is stupidly op on any skill lvl

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
You just killed me
Nerf you maybe?