Author Topic: "Free" MMORPG that's worth playing?  (Read 6185 times)

Offline Clockworkkiller

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 872
  • Infamy: 573
  • cRPG Player
  • I shit dopamine
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Clockworkkiller
Re: "Free" MMORPG that's worth playing?
« Reply #105 on: December 10, 2013, 03:58:53 pm »
Are you me?!
Most of my friends play LoL/Hearthstone/WoW/BF4/Fifa etc etc eventhough a few of them play M&B with me sometimes. I just don't get how they can't like it? Especially because many of them like skill-based games, or so they say... I must admit the learning curve for multiplayer combat is hard, but you just gotta hold on and truly WANT to get better. I guess they lack the patience?

I've given up on reccommending games to my friends. If it's not CoD or madden on the xbox they won't play,
Heck, only one of my friends plays on pc, and the only game I was able to convince him to get was STALKER
You are a horrible human being clockwork.

If i ever get muted on forums, contact me on crpg.net

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 10, 2013, 04:28:31 pm »
I however have gotten them to play RTS games and Minecraft(back when it was kewl, now only true nerds still play that shit) with me. As far as im concerned RTS is pretty much everybodies cup of tea, even those who never play anything. You just need to find the right game. It pains me a fuckton that im not into MOBAs. I just dont see the bloody fascination. I get that theres a lot of skill and tactics involved, but I just lack any will to play.....
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 04:33:39 pm by TiberiusX »

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #107 on: December 12, 2013, 05:14:35 am »
Last year I had wisdom teeth pulled and got ~2 weeks to stay home. And a prescription of vicodin to match.

Installed and played Classic WoW (patch just before the first expansion) on an unofficial server. Had an "in" to a guild full of relaxed fun players. It was a great trip down memory lane. The tedious bits were made less tedious due to my drug induced zombie state. The server population was low, but you'd see a few allied and enemy players in each zone. It made PVP more personal, since you'd see the same players frequently and develop a history with them.

If you didn't play WoW back then (or hated it back then), the rose tinted goggles will not work for you. Check for unofficial servers of MMORPGs you enjoyed in the past. If you have or make buddies to play alongside its a great time waster.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Fips

• King
  • Renown: 1217
  • Infamy: 290
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Fips_HRE
« Reply #108 on: December 15, 2013, 05:00:08 am »
You should really look into Atlantica Online. Played this game for about 2500 hours (Including nighttime trading though xd) and it is the best mmo i have ever played.
The pve and especially the pvp is very interesting due to the gameplay being very strategic. You get 3x3 spaces for your mercs and your main class to play around with. The mercs themselves are very unique, although it comes down to melee, magic and ranged. You have guitarists, cannoneers, shielders, spearmen, monks, shamans, archers, powersaw and whatnot. There are so many combinations you can try out and if you switch around a lot, which you should, it's really entertaining for a very long time. Of course there is a grind element but imo it never got boring. Especially with the new siege-mode, where you have your mercenaries and you move them around with your buddies trying to kill of all enemies in an area, destroy certain buildings, upgrade your own, well kinda like a MOBA only against bots, no more 3x3 just a nice big ass chessboard to play on. And teamwork is really required in those dungeons and the normal dungeons, because otherwise you will fail. Graphic is outdated, but who cares, we all play warband, don't we? =D

http://atlantica.nexon.net/

The only downside is that players who are willing to buy a lot of store items really kick more ass in the pvp mode that is the most popular one. They also introduced a pvp mode that doesn't include armor upgrades and whatnot, but you don't get too much profit out of that. I payed a couple of hundred bucks like 5 years ago and last time i checked it out i was a poor basterd. I was lucky i didn't sell all my mounts and $$store items so the inflation didn't really harm me too much, but the prizes can really scare you if you are new to the game.
However, the rewards of guild dungeons and nation dungeons, as well as the new siege dungeons are pretty insane. It's a long way to get there before you can spend billions of cash to get one of the more fancy mercenaries, but once you established that it has an awesome endgame, although grindy. But then again, i've never really seen the grind as a grind, because of the very entertaining battle system.

Basically it's one of those games you either hate or really love. I loved the likes of FFVIII, FFIX or The Last Remnant so this game really got me hooked. And to be honest, writing this post about it really wants me to install it again xD

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 15, 2013, 02:27:19 pm »
http://atlantica.nexon.net/

I see google ads did a good job targeting you Fips.

At a glance there's not enough furry and lolitas in that game to be interesting of course.
And how!

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 15, 2013, 02:28:11 pm »
+1
I just tried the Neverwinter MMORPG, and I think I won't touch another MMORPG for at least 5 years again.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline Fips

• King
  • Renown: 1217
  • Infamy: 290
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Fips_HRE
« Reply #111 on: December 15, 2013, 03:02:09 pm »
I see google ads did a good job targeting you Fips.

Ehhh...what?!

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
« Reply #112 on: December 15, 2013, 03:05:54 pm »
I just tried the Neverwinter MMORPG, and I think I won't touch another MMORPG for at least 5 years again.

+1
Neverwinter is really awful.
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 15, 2013, 03:14:14 pm »
Ehhh...what?!

This just made me realize how shit the search function on this forum is. There was a thread the other day with a picture of one of those google ads that's an MMO that attempts to sell it with lots of breasts and the first thing you see when you go to that game's site is half naked women.

The concept of the game sounded interesting but you basically said it was pay-to-win and a grind fest.

And I concur Neverwinter being awful. It was a regular MMO formula (except the zones seemed even more constrained) where you have to constantly click for auto-attacking.
And how!