Author Topic: The Crusaders of Acre under King James [RECRUITING NA/EU/AUS]  (Read 40593 times)

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
Re: The Crusaders of Acre under King James [RECRUITING NA]
« Reply #45 on: November 06, 2013, 12:26:36 am »
+2
James had just come from a personal training session held with crusader Delson and the recently recruited Marcus Aurelius. The training had gone well and Marcus was progressing well through the Acre trials system. In dueling with the King himself Marcus had shown considerable skill with two handed swordsmanship. "Marcus you will renounce your title of Marcus Aurelius as you are now Brother Aurelius of Acre, congratulations. Often our members give up some part of their name and take the ranks and name of our Kingdom, it is a great honor." James told the newly promoted Aurelius of Acre.

Congratulations to Marcus Aurelius, Promoted to Brother Aurelius
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 06:50:24 pm by njames89 »

Offline smals98

• Baron
  • Renown: 140
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 10, 2013, 02:51:22 am »
+1
congrats Marcus! :mrgreen:

Offline Goat_Fighter

• Knight
  • Renown: 42
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 420 Kings of KD
  • Game nicks: Havoc_,Goat_Fighter,Skaldysn,Once_U_Fap_U_Never_Go_Back
  • IRC nick: Chuck Testa
« Reply #47 on: November 10, 2013, 03:20:46 am »
+1
I might be interested in joining in the future, but I will PM you if I do

good luck to acre
Holy mother of wiggle!

Offline SugarHoe

• Earl
  • Renown: 413
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Frisia
« Reply #48 on: November 10, 2013, 02:09:31 pm »
+3
cn I join gaycre I wnna be str crutch trans plate autistic nerds like u
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 10, 2013, 06:22:11 pm »
+12
You would never be allowed to join my faction sugarhoe :/. We only accept players who are not toxic negative influences in the community. Considering your behavior in game, on the forums, in ts, and in general I would say you are the worst person I've encountered in the community and certainly would never fit with what Acre is looking for, also Fuck You.

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 10, 2013, 06:43:04 pm »
+2
Chumley had deserted the banner earlier when he had feared the crusaders would not survive through the transition of Kings. Upon his request to return to serve the crusader order James questioned his loyalty. Chumley had a strong desire to come back. James decided to leave it up to his men, Chumley's fellow crusaders. It was put to a vote and Chumley was accepted into the order again. "There will be more second chances Chumley" James explained. Upon returning James had demoted Chumley for his desertion.

Some time had passed and Chumley was working hard to regain his status in the order. James had taken notice of this and had called a trial for the recently returned Chumley of Acre. As the King tested Chumley in duel there were many extended periods of swordplay. Chumley had at least not let his sword skills deteriorate in his absence. As the two crusaders hung up their equipment at the end of the training period James turned to Chumley and said "Well fought Chumley I am pleased to let you know you have met the requirements for advancement into the brotherhood of Acre. Well done". James then went on to looking over battle reports from the south where the crusaders were involved in a multi-faction cooperative assault on New Yruma.

Congratulations to Chumley, Promoted to Brother Chumley

Offline SugarHoe

• Earl
  • Renown: 413
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Frisia
« Reply #51 on: November 11, 2013, 03:08:41 pm »
+7
You would never be allowed to join my faction sugarhoe :/. We only accept players who are not toxic negative influences in the community. Considering your behavior in game, on the forums, in ts, and in general I would say you are the worst person I've encountered in the community and certainly would never fit with what Acre is looking for, also Fuck You.
aww but I bought a hunting xbow, a long sword, transitional and a sugarloaf helmet just to fit in ;(
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline smals98

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 15, 2013, 04:22:35 am »
+1
(click to show/hide)
Grats!! :mrgreen:

don't take it too personal Sugur. Some people are just not made to fit into certain places.(I mean this in the utmost seriousness)

« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 11:46:47 pm by smals98 »

Offline SirCymro_Crusader

• King
  • Renown: 1095
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 15, 2013, 03:04:41 pm »
+4
The Ramblings of Cymro

It was early. Too damn early. Winter's bite gripped the chill, frosty morning air. A hard frost had covered the land leaving everything encompassed in a white blanket, the frozen ground crunched underneath the feet of the returning sentries as they slogged back to their tents in hope of a few hours sleep before the day began. Cobwebs glittered in their frosty glory, casting a serene beauty to the trees they hung from. The only sense of beauty in this miserable place. Soldiers huddled around hastily built fires holding their hands towards the flames whilst the first smells of breakfast wafted through the bitter cold air. I was a soldier in that camp. Some called me 'Lord' but in truth I was a bastard more than anything else. Once, I had served for the Crusaders of Acre, a proud band of warriors, men that could be trusted and respected, an honourable band. I served under the King Reinhardt as it was back then, now he was a stern man, a man of piety, yet he stayed true to his men, he used his sword arm to strike down his foes whilst his shield protected his men more than himself. He was a good fighter.

I was there. There's nothing I could do. The regrets that I have felt these past years have never subsided. I failed my King. I was there at his side as he died. I will not delude you with impossible feats that he struck down numerous foes, bleeding from open wounds, holding back a flood of enemy troops as his dying breaths told us to retreat. No for that would be disdainful, dishonest and our King was a man of integrity so i will not dishonour his name. He died as easily as me or you could. A crossbow bolt. The bastards were good shots I'll give them that. We were ambushed upon the plains that surrounded the small village of Emirin. To our West lay steep cliffs, our left flank was protected by that natural boundary however to fight we had to turn and face our foes upon our right flank, our backs now against the rocky cliffs. They came at us like demons. No battle formation, no discernible commanders, just one rush, a single charge. Burdened by our heavy plate armour we were caught unawares, slow to manoeuvre and assemble we were a shambles. We stood no chance. Time and time again I tell myself this yet it doesn't ease the guilt i feel for failing my King. The enemy crashed into our ranks, their numbers driving deep into our sloppy formation, slowly they drove us back. Each step we took back we left more dead and wounded. The  cries of the injured as they were set upon by a horde of crazed fanatics still sends shivers down my spine and haunts my dreams. They continued to drive into our ranks, aiming for the Gold and White banner as our King shouted encouragement to our troops, his sword aim flickering as he parried and thrust sending his opponents howling in pain back into their ranks. I was next to him covering him with my shield as his bloodrage increased, I was shouting encouragement to our troops, 'hold firm,' stick it to em lads'. It didn't help much. A sudden splash of warmth upon my face jerked my head around to stare open eyed at my King as he sank to his knees, his sword clattered to the floor as his gauntled hand clasped his neck where a fledged bolt protruded, it had punched through his aventail, finding a weak spot in the chainmail. A roar rose from our men as they saw their King fall, they pushed forward giving me enough time to hear my King's final words:

"Protect the Banner," he gasped, the pain reducing his voice to a mere whisper.

The blood bubbled from his neck as he struggled to breath before closing his eyes he exhaled his final breath.

"Rest in Peace brother," i muttered, tears forming in my eyes as i removed the crown that circled his helmet.

Our men had pushed forward in their rage yet the momentum they had gained was now gone and once more they were being pushed back. Standing up I rushed to the banner, tearing it from the wooden pole it was attached too. Wrapping the crown in the banner of our Lord I took in my surroundings. Not much to tell, death surrounded me. I was a Lord without purpose, my oath broken I no longer held allegiance to these men. Enraged by the death of my King i knew what i must do. Grabbing those closest to me, my brothers in arms that I had fought with for years i set new orders. Some I would never see again, their bones picked clean by the scavengers that flock to a battlefield. Shouting one last encouragement to our troops I re-entered the fray. Pushing through to the front ranks i unleashed my fury upon these scum. I wasn't the Grand Duke for nothing. My arm filled with the frenzy of battle as adrenaline pumped through my veins. Either side my men now pushed back. Hacking and slashing they drove the enemy back, step by step they fell back. Each time hitting harder than the last, each time they struck for their King, each blow maiming or killing their foe. Minutes ticked by, time slowed as i continued to slash and parry my foes, carving a path, littering the ground with dead.

It was over as quickly as it had begun. The enemy troops melted before us, slowly stepping back until they were clear before turning around and running back to whence they had come. No warning, no command, they just fell back. Their duty was done. To kill a King. 80 Crusaders of Acre lay dead, with another 100 wounded. Only 60 of the enemy had fallen, 5 felled by my own hand. It was a dark day for the men of Acre. Our King was heirless, our Kingdom was doomed to crumble. The aftermath proved difficult for many of us. Our allegiances were torn, our army defeated and our King dead. Arguements broke out, punches were thrown and our once honourable men turned into a mob, striking one another over petty squabbles. Shortly after most of our forces broke away, most choosing to follow a Knight named James who later became the new King of Acre. Yet myself and a few others fled North, to the tundra wastes of Calradia. There we set up an independent state. The State of Alburqia was formed. Our purpose to protect the banner and crown of Acre.

Yet I was now freezing. Surrounded by my own men once more. We were here for vengeance. The North had hardened our hearts. We were all killers now. News had reached me that a bastard son of Reinhardt had been found. That old dog. He was Kingsblood and so my oath was once more active. I was sworn to protect this bastard boy, and protect him I would. However I could not begin to fulfill my duty whilst those bastards that murdered my King were still roaming free. My scouts had tracked them to the frozen wastes outside of Khudan, and here we would become the ambushers. Murder filled our minds as we readied ourselves to set out. A day of killing was ahead of us, oh how this day would be filled with glory and honour. Looking towards my command tent i smiled as I saw the banner of Acre, a Golden cross upon a white background.

Once again Gold and White shall take the field 

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 15, 2013, 03:13:17 pm »
+2
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 07:14:04 pm by SirCymro_Crusader »

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 15, 2013, 05:37:41 pm »
+1
I like the post but for fucks sake put that picture in a spoiler. Alternate histories for the Kings may cause problems. Perhaps this was in fact the father of King Reinhardt of which you speak. Lord knows the faction has been around long enough to support several generations of Reinhardts :P.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 05:42:47 pm by njames89 »

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 15, 2013, 05:42:11 pm »
+1
-
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 07:38:09 pm by njames89 »

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 15, 2013, 07:15:59 pm »
+1
I like the post but for fucks sake put that picture in a spoiler. Alternate histories for the Kings may cause problems. Perhaps this was in fact the father of King Reinhardt of which you speak. Lord knows the faction has been around long enough to support several generations of Reinhardts :P.

Damn son I'm not that old. A true King should die in battle!!

(Piccy is in a spoiler now thought I had haha oopsy)

Offline smals98

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 20, 2013, 11:11:24 pm »
+1
(click to show/hide)
Hmmmmm......... *squints

Depends on the culture. Reinhardt died for the great and powerful chadz. This death my friend is the most glorious death a man could dream of. :mrgreen:

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 22, 2013, 04:34:32 pm »
+3
A Summary of the Confederacy and Free Companies Fall/Winter conflict at New Yruma in the year MMXIII as recounted by King James

The defenders had been a stalwart force. Unyielding in their defense until the end. James admired the final 600 men who fought bravely. A stand that would last in the history books. Offered safe passage from the castle this 600 had chosen instead to hold this castle until the last. Fighting into the castle they had cut at the atackers falling man by man retreating into the upper reaches of the castle. There it came down to the castlellan that had been left in charge of the final stand and a knight whose face was covered. The fighting was raging elsewhere as James and Kilge circled the castlellan and a mysterious knight who James could not identify though he had a guess as to who it was. James went at the castlellan cutting swiftly for his face, missing slightly James spun and thrusted his sword deep through the guts of the castlellan. James kicked the corpse off his blade and turned to help Kilge. Unfortunately he did so just in time to see the mysterious knight rip off his faceplate and shout "FUCKING GET DUNKED ON" as he pierced Kilge's helmet instantly killing the long time crusader and friend of James.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" James cried as he swung his blade furiously at Artyem who was attempting to retreat up a staircase into the higher parts of the castle. As they fought up the stairs James felt a sharp searing pain in his calf. A young traitor soldier had speared James in the calf to allow his superior to make an escape. As James turned he made one swift cleave right to left cutting the soldier's head clean in two. By the time he turned back Artyem was gone. James returned to where Kilge lay. James picked up the short man and carried him down to the courtyard. Nothing could be done for him but he would rest in the crypts reserved for the most honored crusaders. God had callen him to fight in the kingdom of heaven.

The assault had been iniated ages ago now it seemed. Several armies had been smashed on the walls at New Yruma. It had been a bloody affair. For every fallen crusader and allied soldier from the free companies there lay dead an almost even number of traitors. Had the price been to high? James did not know. Thousands had marched on the castle, a much smaller force remained. Reinforcements from the north would arrive shortly. He drew strength from knowing his men had reclaimed the former seat of the Kings of Acre. King Reinhardt was no doubt smiling down on James and his men.

The snowy rolling hills surrounding Yruma lay littered with broken siege equipment cast aside in the fray. Piles of broken gear were being formed to be melted down and reforged. The order of the silent sisters was busy clearing the dead from the field. A task made abnormally gruesome by the sheer scale of the conflict. A graveyard was erected and dedicated to the dead of the conflict. The traitor and Free Companies soldiers felled in the battle would be interred in the New Yruma cemetery. James hoped the cemetery would serve as a reminder to all of the horrors of war. James had lost many good men through the conflict.

The halls of Yruma had remained relatively unchanged. Some small changes would be needed and the banners of the faction would need to be rehung. Overall the castle seemed mostly unchanged from the time when James had served in it under the old King. It felt good to return, it was in this courtyard that James and many of the other crusaders had earned their knighthoods and tested their steel. The castle was to be under the control of Lord Axeman, though Yruma had formerly been the seat of the Acre Kings Curaw had since taken over. James had had a difficult decision to make in whether to relocate his court to the former seat. In the end  he decided that the northern city of Curaw had grown on him and he would not relocate. The Axeman had expressed much interest in reclaiming the castle, speaking of secret chambers he had had installed in the castle prior to the expulsion of the crusaders by the Dracul and Ravens in the previous war.

Upon taking control of the castle James called his men to the courtyard and spoke from the porch in front of the lords quarters. He spoke "Well fought my brothers, this was an extended siege but we have come forth victorious from the fray. Though the confederacy threatened our homes and the lives of our families and friends we have pulled through. This castle was held once in the name of our glorious kingdom and so it is again this day. Deus vult! This day we have reclaimed what was wrongfully taken from us what once belonged to Good King Reinhardt". The citizenry of Yruma met this with a mixed group of emotions. The populace was clearly scarred from the amount of fighting, all but 200 of the castles townsfolk had been killed or fled during the siege. The soldiers int he courtyard however let out a strong round of huzzahs and other cheers. Today was the day they had been fighting for since the start of the campaign, the fighting had been fierce at times and the victory had done wonders for the morale of the men.

The King then went on to speak with the individual commanders who had lead armies into battle in the campaign. There had been so many.

-Marshal Jedae had led the assault leading the vanguard in on 4th of the month initiating the siege in the middle of the night in a snowstorm.

-Delson had been next with the second siege, a battle that focused on the use of siege towers from the outside.

-Illuminati an allied FCC warrior had continued the assault after that with the 3rd wave in this battle mainly catapults were used.

-This was followed by his bannerman Burst. This time the castle was assaulted from multiple sides.

-Marshal Jedae then led in the 5th wave. By this point catapulting the walls down was decided to be the only feasible strategy.

-Lord Axeman led the 6th wave. Many defenders were killed.

-Brother Blue led the 7th wave. Many defenders were killed.

-Crusader Vryx led the 8th wave. Many defenders were killed.

-Knight Smals led the 9th wave. Many defenders were killed.

-Marshal Jedae led the 10th wave. This proved to be the most effective siege of the entire campaign. FCC forces were able to kill more than 1.2 enemy fighters for each allied soldier lost in the battle.

-Gamechanger led the 11th wave. At this point rumours of the traitors suing for peace had reached James. More of the defenders were killed.

-Lord Axeman led the capturing 12th assault and the remaining defenders in the castle were killed.

"Your service to me and to our cause has been noted. It takes a great deal of tactical skill and management skill in the field to successfully lead an army. Your performance in the faction's time of need has been exemplary. We now have a period of peace granted to us thanks to our ferocity in this most recent campaign. All of you fought well and deserve some R&R I expect the taverns, pubs, whorehouses, and whatever other doubtlessly unscrupulous places it is you all relax in to be full. I Know I will be enjoying myself this weekend" James spoke to his men.

He truly had no idea how long his men would have to relax. It had been a very tasking campaign he hoped the period of calm would persist. James had his squire Aurelius prepare his things to make with haste north to Curaw, he had little free time to waste and was glad the conflict for Yruma had come to an end as well as the greater FCC and Confederacy conflict. James felt aged by the conflict as he went to find Keshian who was already busy talking with other FCC commanders regarding the next important tasks. "Thank you kesh, you have greatly assisted us throughout our periods of need. I will never forget this service" James spoke. I must be on my way to Curaw now I have some important documents that need to be signed I will send a raven with more communications soon" He finished telling Kesh before setting off on his way.

Note: Also posted in the terrortops has fed peace thread in diplomacy
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 05:04:35 pm by njames89 »