Author Topic: The Crusaders of Acre under King James [RECRUITING NA/EU/AUS]  (Read 40323 times)

Offline Jack1

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 231
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jack1_, Abbud_Amari, The_Doc, Gottlob_Kohlman
  • IRC nick: Risen_Jack
Re: The Crusaders of Acre under King James
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2013, 05:39:02 pm »
Make a 12/27 build for a hbs and light armor. You can't say its not fum
We're all nerds here, so it doesn't really matter.

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2013, 05:40:51 pm »
+1
Specifically surviving hits I find really fun. I've never really done an agility based build. Only done heavy strength or balanced builds. It's not that I don't think it would be fun to be a speedy player more that I rage when I get one shotted/ranged

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2013, 08:49:04 am »
+1
I will be and welcome all Acre faction members to, post RP content for our faction in our faction hall thread. Ideal topics worthy of RP posts include, battles, sieges, trading, diplomacy, or any other event in game you feel is worthy of being transcribed and recorded for all time into the Acre annals. Once again my nerd zeal is powerful and so I will definitely write an RP post for you if you provide me with the event and some details/plot lines. Also the ideal RP is based on actual events on strategus and would not conflict with other peopls RP's.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 07:02:36 pm by njames89 »

Offline SirCymro_Crusader

• King
  • Renown: 1095
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2013, 08:40:02 pm »
+2
A new banner has been designed by Tanken that we will be using.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Black has been added in honor of the dead king. RIP Reinhardt.

I'm going to cry now.

Gold and white shall take the field!

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2013, 01:41:22 am »
+1
The bannermakers had been hard at work crafting the new heraldry of the Crusader Kingdom of Acre. Tanken and Delson had through combined labour created a new banner to be carried by the crusaders under King James. Black had been incorporated into the banner in honor of King Reinhardt.

Thanks to both Tanken and Delson for making this possible. I think it looks great.

The new banner is fitting and will represent Acre through a new Age. The old banner will be retained and will hang in the Acre cathedral in honor of Dead King Reinhardt.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 07:51:08 am by njames89 »

Offline smals98

• Baron
  • Renown: 140
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
Re: The Crusaders of Acre under King James [RECRUITING NA]
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2013, 06:50:49 am »
+3
Bit off topic from the current flow of small talk, but this is a bio I made for Peasant_Archer_Qizan (Kizan)<----that's how you're supposed to say it.  :lol:
Anyway, here it goes :wink:

Qizan has pale skin, dark brown eyes and shoulder length black hair tied back to keep out of his eyes. He has an angular face and large eyes and is 5' 6" with a small build. His clothes are cheap and drab. In contrast, his bow and arrows are well taken care of, although not expensive.

Qizan signed up for the King's army and the young age of 16. He didn't have much. His father, the last living member of his family, had embarked on a pilgrimage to the Jordan like many of the other pillgrams. Only, his father's party got caught in a Saracen ambush. Now Qizan must find his father, if he's alive, and avenge him if he's not.

Luckily, Qizan still has his father's old bow and arrows and the training his father gave him. He now has to rise in ranks.The only thing that stands in his way is time, criminals that he owes money to, and the daunting task of tracking down the Saracens and his father.

tell me what you think pls :mrgreen:

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2013, 07:07:01 am »
+5
I have taken this opportunity inspired by Smals to pen my own short history for all to see. I invite other Acre members to do the same. Alternatively if you are too lazy to write one yourself but have some ideas of interesting character traits I would be happy to write your character a short back story to include in our crusader RP posts.

A short history of the exploits of King James in C-RPG and Strategus

Born to the family of a huntsman in the woods north of Slezkh Castle James had always had an affinity for the tundra. It was his home, it had raised him from his youth. As a child his father had taken in priority the art of tracking and hunting to teach to his son. Many a month was spent in the woods trailing ferocious black bears or glorious woodland stags. The skills James' father had passed to him had proved useful throughout his military career.

As a young soldier he had been recruited to fight in the Teutonic armies commanded by Teutonic Wesley. At this point James was a raw recruit with little over a half year of C-RPG combat experience who had never participated in a Strategus battle. Training and honing his skills James practiced hard to increase his skill level, often spending hours upon hours dueling with combatants from across the realm in the fabled NA 3 arenas.

As time passed it became evident that the Teutonic faction was experiencing a downturn and with the departure of its commander Wesley James decided it was time for him to set off on his own to try and make it in the realm as an independent. Within a short period of time it became evident that this was not an efficient nor easy way to operate in strategus.

This was to be the thought that led James to creating the Landsknechts a mercenary faction composed of some of James' closest followers. By this point James had grown from a fledgling fighter to a fighter who could hold his own against most in the realm. The Landsknechts were where James would form a strong bond with his current second in command Lord Axeman of Acre as well as Crusader Whoopsie of Acre. The Landsers fought together for a period of several months as mercenaries with a small amount of involvement in strategus.

One day as he was honing his stabbing abilities James was approached by a nobleman bearing the crest of Acre, a Crusader Kingdom once based in the south of Strategus that was reforming its territories in the north close to the lands called home by James. The man's name was Reinhardt, he spoke of great victories and eternal glory to be attained through holy crusades in the name of chadz. Having himself been raised a strong member of the chadzian faith bloodlust in the name of chadz as well as gold and glory was enough to catch James' attention.

It was on this day the Landsknechts were merged into the Crusaders of Acre. James rose quickly through the ranks of Acre due to his feverish loyalty and zeal for the Crusader cause. Eventually rising to the title of Lord of Acre through the Dracul/Raven sieges of Yruma. Fought in numerous defenses of the captured city of Ichamur and upon the passing and abdication Good King Reinhardt becoming King James of Acre.

Currently the Crusaders of Acre under the rule of King James control Nova Slezkh castle as well as Nova Curaw and are sworn to the service of the Free Companies of Calradia. James had experienced quite a journey through this land to attain his current rank and position. He was still young compared to others in the realm with much more experience than he but he knew that his faction was loyal and his members zealous knights for the cause. James would never forget his northern roots and promissed to his gods never to relinquish the lands he came to hold in the name of Acre so long as he may draw one more breath and purge one more infidel from the holy tundra.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 04:22:05 pm by njames89 »

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2013, 09:44:02 pm »
+2
Also it is by royal decree that I declare ye filthy forum casuals must post more in our holy fucking thread.

Offline smals98

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2013, 11:27:20 pm »
+1
Also it is by royal decree that I declare ye filthy forum casuals must post more in our holy fucking thread.

I concur.

Also, I enjoyed your history thoroughly. :mrgreen:

Offline Reinhardt

• Count
  • Renown: 274
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Crusaders of Acre
  • IRC nick: Reinhardt
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2013, 05:27:31 am »
+4
Long live the King!
"A leader is a dealer in hope."

Offline smals98

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2013, 05:38:56 am »
+2
Vivat rex!

Offline smals98

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2013, 11:18:07 pm »
+1
If you would James, could you change Cameron and me to Knights on that first post, as we both have had our trials? :mrgreen:

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2013, 11:57:23 pm »
+1
Ah yes certainly. Congratulations to all of our members who have recently received their hard earned promotions.

The training courtyard at Nova Slezkh had been a buzz as of late. The men had been working hard in training to improve themselves, James had noted their efforts and was pleased. As such he initiated several trials and the results were as follows.

Crusader RG Smals, Promoted to Knight RG Smals

Crusader Cameron, Promoted to Knight Cameron

Brother Vryx, Promoted to Crusader Vryx

Brother Jedae, Promoted to Crusader Jedae

Rissen, Promoted to Brother Rissen

Offline smals98

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2013, 12:00:25 am »

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2013, 05:18:18 pm »
+1
The mysterious french knight Rissen had come to James one night in the King's Arms tavern in the greasiest corner of the Curaw. He spoke little english but was well versed in french. Upon sharing a mighty portion of ale it became clear that Rissen was a skilled knight in need of contract. James explained the crusade of his holy knights and could see the fire burning in Rissen's eyes. Then and there Rissen was sworn into the holy order.

Within a short period of time it became clear the french knight had great prowess for guarding the King. Without being ordered, asked, or commanded Rissen made it his personal quest to increase the longevity of the King. For this James was grateful as it was known through the realm that he oft charged into battle without much thought for his own preservation. For this reason James made the arrangements to have Rissen sworn into his royal guard.

Congratulations to Brother Rissen of Acre on his promotion to the special rank of Royal Guard.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 06:08:31 am by njames89 »