Poll

Should you get banned for 3 days when you accidentally hit someone once?

Yes, now go enjoy your ban and go outside.
16 (48.5%)
No.
17 (51.5%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Voting closed: September 03, 2013, 07:25:46 pm

Author Topic: (EARL)y unban  (Read 1234 times)

Offline Lemon

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 517
  • Infamy: 190
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Lemon Company
  • Game nicks: #Free Lemon 2012
  • IRC nick: Lemon
(EARL)y unban
« on: August 31, 2013, 07:03:28 pm »
Rumblood, you just banned for 3 days saying that it was my 3rd ban in 30 days. Can you please tell me what the other bans were for? The only other bans I know were like 5 minute bans for nudging friendlies. I'd prefer the ban shortened to 24h so I can atleast play on my weekend.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 07:26:25 pm by Earl_Lemon »
Lemon Luther King JR, has a dream, where all trolls are treated with fairness and equality. Lemon's want to be able to vote, and ride in the front of the bus, and drink from the same fountain that we do. Please right this inequality

Offline Phantasmal

• Duke
  • Renown: 510
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Phantasmal_Astralis, The_Ebon_Hawk
  • IRC nick: Phantasmal
Re: (EARL)y unban
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2013, 08:29:42 pm »
One ban for TWing on 7/31
One ban for griefing on 8/15
and your current ban for TWing
Worst admin ever, horrible person, rude in chat, griefs in game, threatens with kicks and bans if you don't praise him in his admin thread, doesn't worship the goat, and worst of all, uses a crossbow, I suggest instant removal of admin rights and crucifixion.

Offline Lemon

• Strategus Councillor
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2013, 08:44:56 pm »
Right. The griefing ban was a 5 minute ban for nudging a ranged while reloading, the twing ban was another short ban, ( I think ) which was from nudging canary into enemies (Causing him to get hurt = TWing) Which if my memory holds, was also a very short ban. 3 days is a bit much from hitting someone once, especially seeing I didn't have any other major bans.

edit: No love for the beautiful title?
Lemon Luther King JR, has a dream, where all trolls are treated with fairness and equality. Lemon's want to be able to vote, and ride in the front of the bus, and drink from the same fountain that we do. Please right this inequality

Offline Jeade

• Duke
  • Renown: 569
  • Infamy: 38
  • cRPG Player
  • Well Caleb's a liar.
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
  • Game nicks: MAGA_Jeade, Gregory_McFin, Frat_Lion
  • IRC nick: Jeade
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2013, 09:24:00 pm »
Earl, your memory does seem to serve you correctly.

1) Ban Date   31.07.2013 06:29:00
    Unban Date   31.07.2013 07:27:00

2) Ban Date   15.08.2013 20:41:36
    Unban Date   15.08.2013 20:46:36

3) Ban Date   31.08.2013 16:05:58
    Scheduled Unban       03.09.2013 16:05:00

I think the three day ban was due to each offense being only a couple weeks apart, even if they were 'minor'.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Aderyn

• Earl
  • Renown: 365
  • Infamy: 243
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Kalmar Union
  • Game nicks: Aderyn
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2013, 09:32:53 pm »
Earl lemon, repeat offenders, no matter how minor are punished harder - you know this. :S
Can't spell manslaughter without laughter.

Offline Lemon

• Strategus Councillor
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2013, 09:33:27 pm »
My memory doesn't seem to serve me correctly? One of those was a 1h, the other a five minute, and the last a 24h. You're really going to tell me the five minute and 1h were crucial bans?

edit: DERP  :shock:
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 09:50:22 pm by Earl_Lemon »

Offline Lemon

• Strategus Councillor
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2013, 09:34:39 pm »
"Repeat offenders" 2 Extremely minor bans and 1 24hr, Might I also add that they were all for different things excluding the current ban for TWing

Offline PsychoTwins

• Earl
  • Renown: 453
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: FarmerBob, NinjaBob, 20PingIsHardBob, StrIsHardBob, HaxorBob
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2013, 09:47:43 pm »
Earl, he said your memory DOES......not doesn't xD
Here, dear crpg folk, we have an honest man who doesn't conceal the truth out of the fear of getting nerfed. He surely deserves a round of heartfelt applause.

Offline Lemon

• Strategus Councillor
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2013, 09:49:39 pm »
derp ;D

Offline Jack1

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 231
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jack1_, Abbud_Amari, The_Doc, Gottlob_Kohlman
  • IRC nick: Risen_Jack
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2013, 10:28:50 pm »
Might I add that the last comment you had in your ban request may have not helped but instead hurt yourself?

Also from that statement I would assume you ment you would not mind a 24 hour ban as firebus got. Being that the reason for giving a ban is as an encouragement to not do the behavior again, a ban of more than 24 hours (something you would mind) is justified.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 10:32:35 pm by Risen_Jack »
We're all nerds here, so it doesn't really matter.

Offline Lemon

• Strategus Councillor
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2013, 10:54:16 pm »
I didn't see PsychoTwins (bob) make the ban thread.

Offline Sir_Firebus

• Count
  • Renown: 264
  • Infamy: 210
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC-BRD, Unicern, Narwhals, Cavaliers.
  • Game nicks: firebus Cavaliers_SwagBus Suberif Juggernot
  • IRC nick: firebus
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2013, 11:52:54 pm »
You team wounded me too then left the server I don't see why you are confused?
BRD BRD BRD, BRD is the word!

When you lose a duel you are improving; when you win a duel you are measuring your improvement.

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2013, 12:01:34 am »
Canary gave you the first short ban, however I gave you the 2nd. The purpose of the short ban was to cut you some slack and make the point. In other words, that one should have been at least 24 hours but I gave you a break. Clearly that was a mistake as it did not alter the behavior. I did not make the same mistake this time by giving you a light slap on the wrist. You already received that twice in a month and apparently those simply encourage you to believe it will continue to be very light penalties for rules infractions. The deferred time is now being served along with this new infraction. Please don't take advantage of my soft-hearted nature in the future. I was tempted to reduce the penalty, but I already feel taken advantage of and don't want to continue encouraging the idea that the rules can be broken repeatedly and insignificant penalties will be applied in return.

"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Lemon

• Strategus Councillor
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2013, 12:09:37 am »
Served along? You added on another day?

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2013, 01:23:03 am »
Served along? You added on another day?

On 8-15 I gave you 5 minutes of your 24 hours for that infraction. I didn't add another day, you are simply serving the 23 hrs and 55 minutes that was deferred should you do the same thing again, which we have here. The short ban was at my discretion, and I have rescinded it at my discretion. Perhaps if I had not been lenient, other players would not have been griefed, and you may not have been serving this penalty for breaking the rules again. There is only one intention here, and that is to establish the point well enough that we never have to ban you ever again for breaking the rules. I am sorry that I nurtured the impression that an extremely light penalty is what you could expect from those actions.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln