Author Topic: Is it against the rules to join a strat battle and disregard instructions?  (Read 789 times)

Offline Sir_Hans

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Beached_Dolphin, Sir_Hans
A chinese clan attacked me on strat a month ago, now i see they have a battle up.

I want to join on their side and just charge solo constantly and waste gear to lessen their chances of winning.

Are there rules against this?  :twisted:

Offline Havoco

• Duke
  • Renown: 538
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospookfans
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Havoc
  • IRC nick: Havoco
I think that's under griefing.
Pock gobblers

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
A chinese clan attacked me on strat a month ago, now i see they have a battle up.

I want to join on their side and just charge solo constantly and waste gear to lessen their chances of winning.

Assuming that you actively fight with that gear, no. Even if you just charge by yourself, you're still fighting.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Haboe

• King
  • Renown: 1090
  • Infamy: 331
  • Born with a shield on my back. Difficult birth.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Haboe
It's called griefing, and you won't get on other players rosters. Depends on the admins looking, if its bannable or not.

Offline Sir_Hans

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Well it no longer matters cuz I'm no the other team attacking them.

But just to clarify
Even if I use gear and fight, Its griefing because I'm not listening to instructions?

Assuming that you actively fight with that gear, no. Even if you just charge by yourself, you're still fighting.

Or is this correct?

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
I think that's under griefing.

This.

Unless they give absolutely no instructions/orders/formations then go for it.

Admins can and will ban you for it though if they do ask you to hold/defend/stay at battalion 1/etc and you don't do it, repeatedly.

Offline Canary

• Marshall
  • Renown: 826
  • Infamy: 202
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
It depends to what extent you're being reckless. It also depends on two things: the amount of harm you're doing to your team, and by way of that, what the faction you're hired on for feels about your actions.

The opinions of the team you're on matter in cases like this more than elsewhere, and admins tend to defer to their feelings about it before kicking most people for griefing strat battles. If the faction that hired you is okay with you skirmishing by yourself, you're fine. If you're doing well, despite them not wanting you in the field, you might be okay. If they don't want you out there and you're not going positive on kills, you are on thin ice. Suicide leeching/running in to die without fighting takes on a new slant in strat battles where it also falls under griefing rules.

This, though, is an example where the faction's opinion might not even be called for. That's pretty much the definition of strat griefing, right there. Don't sign up unless you're going to actively try and contribute to your team's success.

Yes, it is against the rules. It is the kind of thing that gets a person banned.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile

This is what I do every battle, except I top the scoreboards  8-)
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline bagge

• King
  • Renown: 1056
  • Infamy: 275
  • cRPG Player
  • Duke of Poland
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: bagge
Wow you're such a douchebag
I hope you guys get some sort of sticky balls deseases and smell like my armpits, sorry excusese for nolife fucking cunts you are.

Offline Shadowren

• Count
  • Renown: 255
  • Infamy: 63
  • cRPG Player
  • It isnt sufficient that I succeed-others must fail
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Shadowren_ATS

If any NA player Remembers Troycide. He jumped off the castle walls consistently to waste Troops/Gear and got banned for it.

Away with you, vile beggar.

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
  • Renown: 789
  • Infamy: 229
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BS
If any NA player Remembers Troycide. He jumped off the castle walls consistently to waste Troops/Gear and got banned for it.

well that just seems mean.. he was rollplaying and committing troyacide when he jumped..
Leader of BS

Offline Tojo

• Earl
  • Renown: 490
  • cRPG Player
  • Long Live NA_1
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems, HoC, Acre, MB, HG, Beserks
  • Game nicks: _Tojo, Drew_Brees, Tijo
It would be considered a dick move by pretty much every faction. I would not expect to be hired for many battles after that.

Also, I would like to add that you totally spoiled your plans by posting them on the forums where everyone can read them.
and if an admin finds you doing this im sure there would be some consequence...

don't do it

Offline Sir_Hans

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Thanks for the clarification Canary!   :D

Also, I would like to add that you totally spoiled your plans by posting them on the forums where everyone can read them.
and if an admin finds you doing this im sure there would be some consequence...

They weren't really my plans, just a devious idea that came to thought when I saw a battle up by the person that attacked me.
I knew it was iffy when it comes to rules, and definitely counted as being a dick, which is why I came to the forums to discuss it, rather than just go ahead and do it. Unfortunately I get down voted for that even though I didn't do anything.

Next time I guess I won't seek clarification on rules on the forums.

Wow you're such a douchebag

I didn't even do anything.

« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 11:13:22 am by Sir_Hans »