Poll

Choose the 2 classes you find most OP in game currently. 5 days from now poll closes.

xbow on foot
26 (4.4%)
xbow on horseback
158 (26.7%)
2hander on foot
128 (21.6%)
2hander on horseback
22 (3.7%)
polearm on foot
31 (5.2%)
polearm / shield on horseback
12 (2%)
archer on foot
12 (2%)
archer on horseback
12 (2%)
1hander shielder on foot
13 (2.2%)
1hander shielder on horseback
48 (8.1%)
hoplite
49 (8.3%)
thrower on foot
17 (2.9%)
thrower on horseback
12 (2%)
1hander without shield
52 (8.8%)

Total Members Voted: 374

Voting closed: June 18, 2013, 12:16:20 am

Author Topic: What class is OP  (Read 8519 times)

Offline Mr.K.

• Earl
  • Renown: 474
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar Union
Re: What class is OP
« Reply #90 on: June 14, 2013, 12:13:42 pm »
+2
I voted for HX and hoplite.

2H is not OP in my opinion, even though it's one of the strongest classes in game. It's a bit better than a 4D polearmer thanks to lolstab, but not OP imo. 1H cav has to rely on people not seeing them. They are very effective when there are no hoplites or pikers around to cover their team, but when you get 1 on 1 against 1H cav, it's fairly easy to fight him with most classes. A small buff to HA would make cav a lot harder. No need for a nerf here.

Pure HX in good hands on the other hand is as OP as anything I've ever seen in this mod. They do as much if not more damage than an arbalest, they can reload while moving and they have almost no counter currently. Most HX just don't know how to abuse the speed bonus which makes them seem less OP than they are.

Hoplites are maybe the easiest class to play if you have a friend or two you know you can trust. Hide behind your shield and stab everything that moves with huge pierce damage and abuse the speed bonus to hell. They have the range of a long spear with added protection, better turn rate and more damage. And they can stab at facehug range if they know how. Also almost guaranteed valour in winning team.

Nudge might actually be a bit OP right now, but I'm sure it's a work in progress so we'll see.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 14, 2013, 12:19:49 pm »
+4
Fair enoguh, allow blocking but no ability to attack at close range. Final offer.
The pike pretty much has that already. The first meter of the weapon does not have a hitbox whatsoever. If an opponent stays within that meter distance, you are never going to hit him, no matter how you wiggle. Which causes different problems like being able to stab straight through teammates and thin objects. I think cmp already implemented reduced damage for close range stabs for long weapons as well, at least it was in the changelog at some point. How about doing the same for your Great Long Bardiche though, you hit with the pole as often as I do.

Another unrealistic thing in the game which I think should give spears some leeway in other aspects which I forgot to mention. Apart from being able to walk through an extended spear, you can also block any spear coming at you at any angle by holding downblock, and again, just walking up to someone. Holding downblock makes you completely invincible to any 'piker' in a 150 degree angle in front of you. This unrealistic ease with which people can close in on long spear type weapons, creates a helluvalot more close range situations than in real life, which is why I think a spear should also have an easier time fighting in these situations than in real life.

I don't care how you feel about pikes to be honest, with the mechanics which we are stuck with, you cannot actually fix them without making them useless. They are factually not OP, save for hoplite, only the dedicated few still stick to the non shield one directionals. They are easily counterable, even if it means you have block one of them now and then when facehug them. I think the devs are on my side here, so I wish you good luck in figuring out how to deal with pikers, hopefully I can continue to play this very rewarding class.

Ontopic:
So much votes for horse crossbowman and 2h and so few for hoplite, what is wrong with you?

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 14, 2013, 01:32:51 pm »
+3
God damn it. Leave the pikers alone. There is mybe like 5 people even playing with the damn thing and you want to nerf it even further? Not to mention its hard as fuck to master. Compared to a gsword that takes like what, 5 minutes to master. I get the feeling that people QQing about pikes just want to do their own classes more favors.

Offline no_rules_just_play

• King
  • Renown: 1401
  • Infamy: 384
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE; Peasants United; Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: CapraAegagrusHircus_HRE; no_rules_just_play_HRE
  • IRC nick: norulesjustplay
« Reply #93 on: June 14, 2013, 01:49:15 pm »
wow, awesome teeth i thought you didnt agree with hoplite being OP? :) love you now

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 14, 2013, 01:50:50 pm »
The weirdness about pikes and longspears is that :

- few people use them
- those that do are super proficient at it
- you have to play very differently to kill a good pikeman

People often die to longspears in duels because they so very rarely have to do that, they don't know how to fight one.

Offline Rebelyell

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 398
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Bobby
  • IRC nick: boobby
« Reply #95 on: June 14, 2013, 01:51:06 pm »

Ontopic:
So much votes for horse crossbowman and 2h and so few for hoplite, what is wrong with you?

thats make me :(
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
You just killed me
Nerf you maybe?

Offline no_rules_just_play

• King
  • Renown: 1401
  • Infamy: 384
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE; Peasants United; Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: CapraAegagrusHircus_HRE; no_rules_just_play_HRE
  • IRC nick: norulesjustplay
« Reply #96 on: June 14, 2013, 03:02:30 pm »
The weirdness about pikes and longspears is that :

- few people use them
- those that do are super proficient at it
- you have to play very differently to kill a good pikeman

People often die to longspears in duels because they so very rarely have to do that, they don't know how to fight one.
killing 3 katana spammers as last man standing was pretty awesome indeed

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 14, 2013, 03:13:58 pm »
People like to QQ about things that annoy them, but in general are irrelevant. I mean HX? Really? HX is OP in your opinion? Retards.... About hoplite thou....I hate to bring realism into this, but hoplite in general was the most used class in a medieval army. Its cheap(spears not needing much coin, since not alot of steel required), longer survivability and can be used for various tactics. But what can you really do, to fix hoplite? Only thing I could think of is way lowered damage output while using with shield.

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 14, 2013, 04:29:47 pm »
Teeth as usual posting in this forum even tho he is playing some different game. Dont know WHAT game, but not cRPG, cause longspears and pikes go thru a downblock just fine from 91 degrees.
I don't know enough

Offline Akynos

• Earl
  • Renown: 369
  • Infamy: 157
  • cRPG Player
  • Is now an agiwhore :*(
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Skono, Rollmops
« Reply #99 on: June 14, 2013, 04:58:58 pm »
+2

Another unrealistic thing in the game which I think should give spears some leeway in other aspects which I forgot to mention. Apart from being able to walk through an extended spear, you can also block any spear coming at you at any angle by holding downblock, and again, just walking up to someone. Holding downblock makes you completely invincible to any 'piker' in a 150 degree angle in front of you. This unrealistic ease with which people can close in on long spear type weapons, creates a helluvalot more close range situations than in real life, which is why I think a spear should also have an easier time fighting in these situations than in real life.

Okay, you changed my mind. I don't see pikes as OP anymore.
Kudos to Kulin_Ban for the video

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 14, 2013, 05:06:36 pm »
Teeth as usual posting in this forum even tho he is playing some different game. Dont know WHAT game, but not cRPG, cause longspears and pikes go thru a downblock just fine from 91 degrees.
When I say a 150 degree angle in front of you, I mean 75 degrees to each side. I am pretty sure downblock doesn't get you the full 90 degrees of coverage to each side. Shields do, almost. So I think we're on the same page here unless you mean 45 degrees to each side.

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 14, 2013, 05:33:47 pm »
TBH teeth I havent measured it, but it feels like u get 45 to each side, cause more of a turn than that and decent pike/longpear guys just stab past me and then bring into my back. I dont consider it OP because 1v1 I'm not really worried about a piker (well, the new megakicks dont help but meh), but I just dont understand why you think hoplites are OP. When being ganked, all long pointy things are a buttfuck, but 1v1 a hoplite doesnt ever worry me, unless Im another hoplite at that moment and they have a longer stabber than me.
I don't know enough

Offline Memento_Mori

• Count
  • Renown: 187
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • I use these forums to hook up with hot ladies
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Memento_Mori, Sengo_Muramasa, Born_Of_Osiris,
« Reply #102 on: June 14, 2013, 06:58:57 pm »
There's also a difference between overpowered and good in the hands of a competent user. Xbow cav is not good when the user is bad while 2h has the potential to be deadly in the hands of a newborn chimp.

+1

I picked 2h on foot & was amused to see the amount of people clicking xbow cav ahaha.
other than that they're a harder hitting HA, just annoying. bad thing about xbow cav is that the user can choose to be a delayer dick if there is no ranged left to oppose him on the enemy team.

Offline DrKronic

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • Arch Villain of cRPG
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I do what I want
« Reply #103 on: June 14, 2013, 07:09:06 pm »
comparing last spamurai(gen 22, all +3) to anything isn't going to come up even, sorry especially when some people here have played m+B since first games early alpha's, polls are useless
Greed is for amateurs...Chaos, Disorder, Anarchy now that's fun!

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • Renown: 995
  • Infamy: 483
  • QQ
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Rufio_pleaser_of_widows, LeLouche_LampeRouge, Quenya_Favourite_of_Rufio
« Reply #104 on: June 14, 2013, 07:13:04 pm »
this poll is just to see how the forum using community thinks, no real conclusion will be pulled out of it. also if u give a nooby a 2hander or if u give a nooby an xbow on foot or horse, i can guarantee he will fair better with the point and click ranged than with the 2hander. people are considering 2hander op because u can spam with it, imo you can do the same with any 4 direction polearm.