Author Topic: 5-a-side free-for-all Tournament  (Read 13276 times)

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
Re: 5-a-side free-for-all Tournament
« Reply #120 on: June 24, 2013, 04:09:24 pm »
Tojten is doing the maths as I was too tired last night and I also had to change some hardware in my computer today. Hopefully he will post it some time today. We all know Team Turd (aka Byz) won so they get the money.

For some next tournaments I was thinking a bit different approach: since its all about freedom we could skip sign-up part, just announce the date (Sunday evening so it suits most people) and accept every team that shows up with 5 men. More organized teams will be ready in advance while some may be improvising and organizing at the spot when they see who came and who didn't, the thing is: lining up team captains and writing them down is not a big issue, it takes like 5 minutes if people are not trolling and jerking around, you make a list, one admin writes everything down and then makes either groups or knock-out bracket, it doesn't take long, depending on the number of teams. So even randomers can group up into a team of 5 and try their luck. Length of matches would then be decided according to the number of teams, its not a big deal, all that needs to be done is set the event 1 hour earlier then normal so admins can do their preparations.

This is just wild thinking and long-shooting ofc, any better ideas are more then welcome. I don't believe I'll have the energy to organize something again anytime soon. I'd have to permaban Pancake for acting like a jerk while he was suppose to be an admin of the event (written all over the place but the poor Greek can't read) and I wouldn't like that.

I tried to be a good host while Tojten did awesome with his miners duty, Ramses was both playing and kicking people which also requires some effort. 3 admins are enough to keep it in order I guess.
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Mendro

• Count
  • Renown: 236
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercs
« Reply #121 on: June 24, 2013, 04:28:16 pm »
+1
For don't waste time you can:
Do 2 match at the same time.
Make door behind the two start position

For example:
Team A vs Team B
Team C vs Team D

1 - First round of A vs B , during this round team C and team D take position at doors
2 - First round of C vs D, during this round team A and team B take position at doors.
3 - Second round of A vs B , during this round team C and team D take position at doors

ect...

And also as tueten did in this last tournament , start round after 1 min max, don't care if someone missing because that why team have 2 more people.

Offline bagge

• Renown: 1056
  • Infamy: 275
  • cRPG Player
  • Duke of Poland
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: bagge
« Reply #122 on: June 24, 2013, 07:03:14 pm »
Don't allow people (that aren't playing obviously) in the teams during matches. Let them be in Spectators instead. That will save a lot of trouble.
I hope you guys get some sort of sticky balls deseases and smell like my armpits, sorry excusese for nolife fucking cunts you are.

Offline Tuetensuppe

• Renown: 1057
  • Infamy: 88
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Tuetensuppe Tojtensoup_throwing_spoons Merc_cry_me_a_soup
« Reply #123 on: June 24, 2013, 07:34:46 pm »
+5
Results...

2. place gets back the invested money (minus the taxes)
(click to show/hide)

1. place gets the rest :)
(click to show/hide)

contact via pm how you want to have it (sucked, splitted, all in bagges..., and so on)

Quote from: Gnjus
yes thats the problem, no more nice clans, everyone acts like theyre the real thing but all are just greedy backstabbing arrogant sons of bitches

Offline bagge

• Renown: 1056
  • Infamy: 275
  • cRPG Player
  • Duke of Poland
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: bagge
« Reply #124 on: June 24, 2013, 09:32:11 pm »
+1
Lady Teeth lul
I hope you guys get some sort of sticky balls deseases and smell like my armpits, sorry excusese for nolife fucking cunts you are.

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #125 on: July 09, 2013, 06:31:04 pm »
This seems like a great idea. Shame I missed it. I think Acre would be interesting in fielding a squad if this were to happen again.

Offline Apsod

• Duke
  • Renown: 698
  • Infamy: 98
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Donate a few denari to the farmers of Calradia!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Apsod
« Reply #126 on: January 28, 2014, 04:26:11 am »
entry fee is 50k gold per team (not a lot even for shitty mud-rolling peasant beggars like Apsod)
No fuck you. Who's gonna pay that much?

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #127 on: January 28, 2014, 01:53:20 pm »
necro much?
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!