Author Topic: Nudge guide  (Read 61714 times)

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
Re: Nudge guide
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2013, 05:21:10 pm »
+5
As kicks weren't already stupid enough...
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2013, 07:15:06 pm »
+1
I have 2 concerns:

Is it possible to make the knockdown on a backpedaling attacker only for the swing+nudge? The normal nudge is so good and quick that you'll get that knockdown often. I like the normal nudge as a momentum interrupter since the stun is small, while the real offensive benefits come from the attack+nudge.

Also, is there a way to bind the controls for nudge?

Other than that, I really like it. I am just worried about it being too strong.

Offline Lennu

• Marshall
  • Renown: 774
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Lennu
  • IRC nick: Lennu_
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2013, 07:26:53 pm »
+2
As kicks weren't already stupid enough...

I agree that the kicks we have now are just retarded. But this nudge thingy could be quite interesting. I just hope it wont turn out to something completely OP: (knockdown + hit +) kick + hit + nudge + kick + hit + nudge + kick + nudge .... etc :D 
You know, to keep your opponent staggered with nudge while your kick is on cooldown :D  You can already pull out some insane combos with knockdown weapons + kicks  :rolleyes:

Something like this could be done for 2 hander where the character punches the opponent with his weapons hilt to push the opponent away a bit. For polearms the same effect with "cross checking" like on ice hockey  :wink:   And shielders ofc can just use their shield to push the opponent away. This way shieldless 1handers could get some unique features, and other melee players could get this useful "tool" for the battlefield.

Edit:

Is it possible to make the knockdown on a backpedaling attacker only for the swing+nudge? The normal nudge is so good and quick that you'll get that knockdown often.

The knockdown effect could have it's separate range, so that it only knocks down players who are REALLY close and backpedaling. I agree that otherwise the knockdown could happen way too often.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 07:30:20 pm by Lennu »

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2013, 09:26:46 pm »
+2
Best score on EU1:

Plate armour + Steel Pick w/o shield.

Good job of thinking this addition through... -.-
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Carthan

• Duke
  • Renown: 612
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
  • Mad scientist and creator of QUANTUM-KAFEIN
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BlackCompany
  • Game nicks: Vandal (Carthan)
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2013, 09:47:19 pm »
+2
Glad we can finally use this, I was getting tired of being 'nudged' by that one guy on EU and not being able to fight back.

What was his name....
Pete? Patrick? PoshPoshCoolGuy27?
Yes, been posted before. Rather than practicing swinging a weapon, it would be better to go 1 hander and learn a martial art that specializes in takedowns, because that's all that really matters in that sport.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2013, 09:56:59 pm »
+2
Best score on EU1:

Plate armour + Steel Pick w/o shield.

Good job of thinking this addition through... -.-
Haha, I wanted to try the nudge and the only items that were available in the armoury were plate and a steel pick. Thought it would be horribad, but on those urban maps it was fucking awesome. I don't think the nudge mattered a lot for my effectivity though, I missed about 60% of them and people can't block a steel pick anyway. Most of the time I just did not swing and nudged instead just because it is funny, when a swing would've finished the job as well. Steel pick without shield and plate is just not as bad a build as one would think.

I haven't played enough with it to really know whether it is OP. It still requires you to facehug which is already a weakness of 1h without shield. I pretty much used the one with the attack held exclusively, it is like a kick but then less static. I noticed some issues that nudging people allowed me to move through them. Although lulzy, nudge, move through them and hit them in the back of the head before they can turn around, it's a bit weird. Maybe the nudge effects being pretty much instant is something to think about for nerfing.

I am honestly impressed at the way it is implemented in battle on the first try, it is not hugely useless (like the chamberkick), or blatantly OP. Very good job.

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2013, 04:15:09 am »
+1
Maybe the nudge effects being pretty much instant is something to think about for nerfing.
Yeah, certainly. That's a lot harder to implement though, which is one reason why nudges are exclusively for 1h + no shield.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline korppis

• Earl
  • Renown: 404
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ninja
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2013, 11:29:11 am »
+2
I'm a bit concerned about short 2-handers. With those you're pretty much forced to facehug just to stay in reach. I fear that if you can S key and pull some weird nudge/slash combos with this, it will just make people go for longer weapons, which already were more powerful.

Offline Le_Mikz

• Knight
  • Renown: 58
  • Infamy: 20
    • View Profile
  • Faction: -
  • Game nicks: LeMikz
  • IRC nick: LeMikz
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2013, 03:06:04 pm »
+1
 Its kinda weird, that 1h shielder doesnt have shield bash or nudge,
its like only 1h gets benefit of this?

Offline //saxon

• King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • I'm just to dam goood 😎
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Saxon
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2013, 03:06:16 pm »
+2
can you also make nudge with just fists only and fist/shield, also throwing weapon: when you are in throwing mode you have a hand free.

just some thoughts.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline isatis

• Duke
  • Renown: 624
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • ink+water showing their true potential!
    • View Profile
    • le Clan des Cochons!
  • Faction: Le clan des Cochons!!
  • Game nicks: Cochon_Furtif_Isatis
  • IRC nick: Isatis
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2013, 03:20:35 pm »
+1
I love how Paul seems to be a 1h no shield... (profile pic)

:P

So the new response to ranged ragers is not "get a shield", it is "learn to chamber ranged nub!"

Offline Utrakil

• Marshall
  • Renown: 885
  • Infamy: 182
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Randwig; Gerwin; Marketenderin; Fletcher
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2013, 04:04:20 pm »
+1
I would love to see something like this for pole and hopliteplayers. because we almost cannot hit a facehugger it would be nice to have the facility to push them back into attacking distance.

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2013, 04:31:29 pm »
+1
Kind of neat, but its not really just a buff for specific 1 hand without shield class. Its a buff for all shielders for when someone breaks their shield, or against axe users and we aren't in a situation were we need any buffs for shielders. Quite the opposite really

Not really a fan of disabling abilities anyway. In the short term its a cool new feature, but long term it will just be a cheap way to kill someone imo
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline Le_Mikz

• Knight
  • Renown: 58
  • Infamy: 20
    • View Profile
  • Faction: -
  • Game nicks: LeMikz
  • IRC nick: LeMikz
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2013, 09:32:11 am »
+1
Kind of neat, but its not really just a buff for specific 1 hand without shield class. Its a buff for all shielders for when someone breaks their shield, or against axe users and we aren't in a situation were we need any buffs for shielders. Quite the opposite really

Not really a fan of disabling abilities anyway. In the short term its a cool new feature, but long term it will just be a cheap way to kill someone imo

Not true. I just changed class for 1h shielder, but you cant nudge or use shield bash. So its just buff for 1h without shield.

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2013, 09:35:11 am »
+1
Not true. I just changed class for 1h shielder, but you cant nudge or use shield bash. So its just buff for 1h without shield.

It's a small and indirect buff (although the terms buff and nerf should really only be used when referring to stat changes imo) to shielders because while they can not use nudges in conjunction with a shield, when their shield breaks or they put their shield away, they do. Two-handers and polearm wielders have no such opportunity.

Also, the only extremely useful nudge that I perform regularly is the normal nudge against a backpedaling foe with a swing held. That one is really nice, but I haven't become proficient with the others yet.

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?