Author Topic: DayZ Standalone  (Read 56144 times)

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: DayZ Standalone
« Reply #375 on: June 12, 2014, 10:32:01 pm »
They're not really moving to a new engine. Rocket's talking about the new renderer, which isn't exactly news -- but nobody would get what a "renderer" is, so he's saying "engine" for the computer illiterates. Also, better PR.
As a computer illiterate I have to ask, does this mean that the game will continue to be shitty and awkward due to a crappy engine?

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: June 13, 2014, 02:31:56 am »
Depends what you mean by "due to a crappy engine." I doubt they'll fix the clunkiness of overall movement. A lot of people even like it, because it's realistic according to them. I guess if you're 200 pounds overweight..
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline NejStark

• Marshall
  • Renown: 918
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
    • Personal wesbite
  • Game nicks: GK_NejStark, Anything with "Nej" in it.
  • IRC nick: itsnej
« Reply #377 on: June 13, 2014, 04:07:47 pm »
+1
From an interview with their producer i gathered that: Theyve modified he engine so much that they have given it a new name.

Its like me having two oranges and painting one, then calling it a fred, and everyone being like HOLY SHIT HES GOT A FRED.
"A man on the steppe with no friends is as narrow as a finger; a man with friends is as wide as the steppe"

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • Renown: 795
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: June 13, 2014, 06:33:59 pm »
i would if 1 of oranges were a copy you made :)

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: June 18, 2014, 01:20:06 pm »
0.45 (check feats in post above... cooking, hunting) is applied right now. servers been down for quite a while so i reckon they will be back up relatively soon. also i reckon the patch will be huge  :evil:

edit: 0.45 deployed to stable
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 04:14:11 pm by Sniger »

Offline NejStark

• Marshall
  • Renown: 918
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
    • Personal wesbite
  • Game nicks: GK_NejStark, Anything with "Nej" in it.
  • IRC nick: itsnej
« Reply #381 on: July 07, 2014, 01:41:25 pm »
+1
"A man on the steppe with no friends is as narrow as a finger; a man with friends is as wide as the steppe"

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: July 07, 2014, 04:12:34 pm »
Would've been good if the lyrics were written a bit better
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: September 28, 2014, 05:12:05 pm »
+1
The sax solo is hilarous though

Offline Lennu

• Marshall
  • Renown: 774
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Lennu
  • IRC nick: Lennu_
« Reply #384 on: November 06, 2014, 06:52:28 am »
+1
New Patch is out!

Patch notes:
-Switching weapons is still buggy has hell. Sometimes it doesn't work, somethings it counts how many times you hit the button before doing it... once for each press.
-If you're running while switching weapons, you might spontaneously stop for the time it takes to perform the action... or if you don't stop, you sure has hell can't stop.
-Zombies don't give a shit about walls.
-You can now grow tomatoes.

Offline Umbra

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 162
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems, Freak Army of Gnjus
  • Game nicks: Umbra
« Reply #385 on: November 06, 2014, 10:42:14 am »
+4
Im getting really tired of this shit. Oh lets add veggies and more useless melee weapons, meanwhile the game is still desloate with a minimum ammount of zombies that still port trough the fucking walls. I brake both my fucking legs from opening a door and every server crashes every half hour. Still no cars so you to walk everywhere for hours bored out of your fucking mind.

And they still get defended because aparently being "Alpha" is a free pass for continuously ignoring every pressing mayor issue the community points out in favor of adding more useless bullshit nobody wants. Why did they even bother making a standalone game when they didnt fix none of the glaring engine issues? Oh yea because Rocket is a money grubbing cockmunching whore.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: November 06, 2014, 11:15:20 am »
Im getting really tired of this shit. Oh lets add veggies and more useless melee weapons, meanwhile the game is still desloate with a minimum ammount of zombies that still port trough the fucking walls. I brake both my fucking legs from opening a door and every server crashes every half hour. Still no cars so you to walk everywhere for hours bored out of your fucking mind.

And they still get defended because aparently being "Alpha" is a free pass for continuously ignoring every pressing mayor issue the community points out in favor of adding more useless bullshit nobody wants. Why did they even bother making a standalone game when they didnt fix none of the glaring engine issues? Oh yea because Rocket is a money grubbing cockmunching whore.

On the other hand, Rust is developing very nicely. They've redone the game completely and are progressing really fast with new features and content (they do weekly content blogs/patches). I know it's not really the same game (much more sandbox though!), but it's worth checking out, if you haven't. Imo Rust is going to go further than DayZ, if you judge by what was developed in the past few months.
DayZ did put quite a few new items, guns and gear in, and a couple of new features, but in the end I would say Arma 3 DayZ like mods are just as good, considering they're free (given that you have Arma 3).

And DayZ will always be limited by the shitty arma(2) engine.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #387 on: November 06, 2014, 11:17:23 am »
+1
I jumped on it about a week ago to see what's changed after multiple big downloads. Turns out fuck all.

I ran around for about an hour in multiple towns and found my first zombie towards the end of that hour. The zombie ran towards me, glitched through me when it jumped and at that point I decided fuck that and quit.

The games less playable than the original mod ffs.

Offline Umbra

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 162
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems, Freak Army of Gnjus
  • Game nicks: Umbra
« Reply #388 on: November 06, 2014, 11:32:50 am »
On the other hand, Rust is developing very nicely. They've redone the game completely and are progressing really fast with new features and content (they do weekly content blogs/patches). I know it's not really the same game (much more sandbox though!), but it's worth checking out, if you haven't. Imo Rust is going to go further than DayZ, if you judge by what was developed in the past few months.
DayZ did put quite a few new items, guns and gear in, and a couple of new features, but in the end I would say Arma 3 DayZ like mods are just as good, considering they're free (given that you have Arma 3).

And DayZ will always be limited by the shitty arma(2) engine.

Have rust bought, ill install it again i guess

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: November 06, 2014, 12:25:17 pm »
Have rust bought, ill install it again i guess

Have you played the new version before? Check the devblogs here http://playrust.com/ to see what's happening to the game, they come out every friday.