Author Topic: Allow alts to sign up already...  (Read 1551 times)

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
Re: Allow alts to sign up already...
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2013, 04:05:40 pm »
+2
I'm totally against STF chars and as many alts as possible though. :)

Would really like to hear some arguments about why so.

Fury gave some :

- STF/alts have names that are harder to "know" (because of names) for people, but then, like Segd, I think TeamSpeak and just looking at the score/teamkill messages void much of those problems
- sabotages/spying still happens regularly and you cant fight it, just accept you dont have eyes everywhere and let the trolls be trolling, and the fighers fighting
- + it would not be "random classes showing up" if we had "provide stats" ticked all the time, and/or leaders asking such or such classes to show up and do a special job

and Turboflex implicitely gave a feeling that having classes having advantages in X battle situation showing up that would cause a bad thing but no reasoning behind it.

Whats the difference when you recruit a known (main) STR crutcher (like me) in a siege. Because I'm a main it doesnt sucks for the attackers ? Whats the difference if I was a agi-whore main, but showed up with my STF STR crutcher for the siege?

The only difference is : people CANT have fun with multiple classes on strategus.

If CRPG forbid alt/STF in cRPG battles, would long-time players still play today ? NO. GAME IS BORING IF YOU CANT CHANGE CLASSES.ยต

Alts already gives strat tickets to the main char on strategus, allow them to play in strat fights (and STF too if it came to that, but alts would already be quite an improvement).

Also, like I said numerous times, strategies would really gain a nice & new field of experiment if alts could show up.

Offline Dalhi

• Earl
  • Renown: 415
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dalhi
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2013, 07:26:47 pm »
+3

Gonna curse everyone who will suggest a respec or retire.  :evil:

Retire.

Offline Lennu

• Marshall
  • Renown: 774
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Lennu
  • IRC nick: Lennu_
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2013, 08:31:16 pm »

Gonna curse everyone who will suggest a respec or retire.  :evil:
Retire.

I'm going to start studying russian sometime next autumn, so please give me small kick start over here  :lol:

Back to topic: I don't think it would be a good idea. Like stated above, it would end up as mass hoplites and cav on open field. And archer, maulers and crossbows for sieges.

Offline Braeden

• Earl
  • Renown: 420
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • I hear the sound of drums
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Acre?
  • Game nicks: Braeden_Sanguine
  • IRC nick: Braeden
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2013, 01:05:34 am »
+2
I'm pretty sure this was once the case.  You could join strat with whatever character you so desired.  It was removed due to abuses.

Remember this lesson always: We, the players, are the reason we can't have nice things.

strat is dead anyway time for experiments so next game will not have same mistakes  :P
If it is dead, it is because we have slain it.  If it lives, it will be because we lent it life.