Author Topic: Unban and Warning request. Dont freeze this thread before we have answers  (Read 1322 times)

Offline Le_Mikz

• Knight
  • Renown: 58
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: -
  • Game nicks: LeMikz
  • IRC nick: LeMikz
 Is here any case where admins got "warning" or he have been replaced from his duty?

Or is it more likely that if someone complains, you Admins just explain something unclear and then you just close the thread??

-------

Today I got kicked from HRE Defend The Virgin server, cause I was "afk", so I didnt answer fast enough for admins msg.
Then I questioned that kick, cause my task was just to lure bots behind the wall :)

Then in next round I asked other player to replace me on luring, and I said "Cause maybe I get kicked.."

And BAM I got banned.

-------

We are very curious to see, if you admins explain something unclear here, and just close this thread very fast then??

If this would go in way which makes sense, you give at least warning for this admin for using admin power in situation where its not justified.

Words "Cause maybe I get kicked.." - Shouldnt be reason to ban or??

Offline Erzengel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 769
  • Infamy: 214
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Norse_Erzengel
Wrong section.  :rolleyes:

Offline Le_Mikz

• Knight
    • View Profile
 Ok thanks mate :)

Offline no_rules_just_play

• King
  • Renown: 1401
  • Infamy: 384
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE; Peasants United; Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: CapraAegagrusHircus_HRE; no_rules_just_play_HRE
  • IRC nick: norulesjustplay
"Cause maybe I get kicked.."
i like you lemikz, but ill take it up for my fellow admin here. I know how it is, i banned 4 guys already. from wich 2 bans were not needed. Its hard to decide when to ban and when to kick, different admins solve stuff differently.

translated: "what i am doing is totally right, the admins just abuse their powers"
you basically say that the reason for the kick is that you are shielding some guys, while the reason was that something prevented you from answering within the time limit. maybe you didnt mean it like that, but what you said is pointing with your finger to the admins. 'they are to blame'.
you are basically saying the admins kicked you not because of the offence, but because of you. other people might do the same and not get kicked.

so far i have only pointed out why this was seen as a breaking of the rules. wheter its banworthy or not... well i dont care. if the admin in question should get a warning: not at all, even if the ban was wrong, he didnt abuse his powers. he just made a decision in the heat of the moment that is not appreciated by some people. i would say: deal with it for now and dont hate the admin for it.

Offline Le_Mikz

• Knight
    • View Profile
 translated: "what i am doing is totally right, the admins just abuse their powers"

I like you also No Rules and this translation here sounds like google translation and I dont like google translation cause it sucks :) 

Now you are here defending other your fellow who is admin just like you. Hmm :)

i banned 4 guys already. from wich 2 bans were not needed. Its hard to decide when to ban and when to kick, different admins solve stuff differently.

Hmm what you say here means that 50% of your ban decisions were abuse. Is that what you call "solving problems differently"? Hmm :)

This is why this thread is here. Cause it looks like you Admins are God like.
And if you mistake it happened in "heat of situation" and you dont need to be worried about consequences.

So then admins are justified for abusing?

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
Banning someone in a certain situation which seems differently afterwards IS NOT abuse...

...it's just a mistake.  :?
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Le_Mikz

• Knight
    • View Profile
Banning someone in a certain situation which seems differently afterwards IS NOT abuse...

...it's just a mistake.  :?

Hmm yes situation is now "You are banned from this server."

Admins task is responsible. Not everyone will be (or should be) accepted to be as admin.

So what now? Is here consequences after this mistake? Or this thread will just be frozen soon like have happened earlier for guys who have faced unjustice

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
If you keep being such a dick about it instead of just explaining the possible mistake that might had been done...

...even I would say "Keep him banned till he learned at least some degree of respect!"

It's your own choice tbh.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Le_Mikz

• Knight
    • View Profile
If you keep being such a dick about it instead of just explaining the possible mistake that might had been done...

...even I would say "Keep him banned till he learned at least some degree of respect!"

Where im being dick?

Read the very first post and if you dont find answer, why you even post in here?

Offline Le_Mikz

• Knight
    • View Profile

Today I got kicked from HRE Defend The Virgin server, cause I was "afk", so I didnt answer fast enough for admins msg.
Then I questioned that kick, cause my task was just to lure bots behind the wall :)

Then in next round I asked other player to replace me on luring, and I said "Cause maybe I get kicked.."

And BAM I got banned.

Thats very clear english, if you dont got it, its not others problem

Offline witchhunter

• Knight
  • Renown: 53
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
  • Duke of Saxony
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Lothar_Duke_of_Saxony_HRE
  • IRC nick: ^30mc_HRE
I have reviewed the logs, talked to the admin in question and have seen all the fuss about it. Sure you can claim that it was abuse the way you are telling it, but truth is it is not the whole story either. If you insist, i can paste the logs in here too.

Fact is that you complain about someone who just became an admin on our server and did a mistake. I do not expect anyone in this job to be perfect from day 1. There always have to be adjustments and there are always things to learn.

If you have a problem with one of our admins, put your rage aside and present your case in a civil manner. I tutor the new ones and constantly monitor all the others. If it is really necessary, i do replace them too.

Remember we are here to play a game.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Omnium mores, tuos imprimis observato.

<@Urist> well HRE take their medival theme very serious and so is their ban/unban system ancient

Offline Le_Mikz

• Knight
    • View Profile
Fact is that you complain about someone who just became an admin on our server and did a mistake. I do not expect anyone in this job to be perfect from day 1. There always have to be adjustments and there are always things to learn.

This thread was created to see how people will react. This thread is here 100% because of principles.

We can see that answers in here have showed how admins defends each other. They blame me for "being dick" or "complaining" or "raging".
And this thread is very much just questioning this one situation.

Remember we are here to play a game.

And yea this is very important. :)

Admins are very effective for servers athmosphere because they have "the power". They can either ruin others fun by searching any mistakes or reasons to kick or ban. Or they can keep up good atmosphere by kicking or banning people who ruins others fun by griefing, nudging, kicking in wrong place or by breaking rules. :)

So yes lets keep up good good work and lets build good athmosphere in servers so everybody can gain maximum enjoyment by playing here and being part of this nice community!

Offline Normanguy

• Knight
  • Renown: 72
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Not even going to read half of this but in my defense in the hre defend the virgin server you really need to re think which guys you are making admin as some inparticular are not doing and in some ways abussing the fact of admin and are doing certain stuff for no and some ridiculous reasons!!

But well said to lemikz,
Dont read to much into silly things but when people are being delibrately teamhit and teamkilled for no reason and people try reporting do your role proply and not insult and threaten bans for reporting and muting people whilst trying to dxplain. Fhat is out of order!!
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 04:34:15 pm by ACHILLES2545 »

Offline witchhunter

• Knight
  • Renown: 53
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
  • Duke of Saxony
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Lothar_Duke_of_Saxony_HRE
  • IRC nick: ^30mc_HRE
i dont like to repeat myself:
If you have a problem with one of our admins, put your rage aside and present your case in a civil manner. I tutor the new ones and constantly monitor all the others. If it is really necessary, i do replace them too.

so bring evidence. as soon as possible and not weeks later.
and dont hijack old threads in the ban section!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Omnium mores, tuos imprimis observato.

<@Urist> well HRE take their medival theme very serious and so is their ban/unban system ancient

Offline Le_Mikz

• Knight
    • View Profile
no reason and people try reporting do your role proply and not insult and threaten bans for reporting and muting people whilst trying to dxplain. Fhat is out of order!!

Who have teamkilled or hitted or muted? hmm

« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 05:09:28 pm by Le_Mikz »