Author Topic: Next archery nerf?  (Read 3091 times)

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
Re: Next archery nerf?
« Reply #45 on: March 14, 2013, 09:54:01 pm »
There is also paramerion who has better stats than any other sword and a mace without a knockdown.

paramerion is by far the best sword (and only 6.6k gold cost), but it's 1 slot I berieve
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 14, 2013, 10:23:31 pm »
+2
My point was, the current patch items are a bit broken. We shouldn't take them too much into account.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Robert

• Knight
  • Renown: 27
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen_Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Scrumpy
  • IRC nick: Scrumpy
« Reply #47 on: March 14, 2013, 11:14:52 pm »
Very interesting to hear peoples opinions on this

I would like to add a few things also to disscuss

First is I don't want to be forced to be a hybred melee.
Second You really do need at least 150wpf for good reload speeds, accuracy and keep the costs down, that leaves no points for other weapons unless you stack agi but you need at least 18 str to use longbow so I can't, plus it cost to much.
Third If archers are eventualy forced to lose accuracy and reload speeds, there will be no point shooting at other archers, there to far away, so archers will start shooting at closer targets with their less than accurate shots, probably hitting more friendlys than ever and upsetting even more people.
And forth I personly haven't liked all these drastic nerfs, I would like everything returned as it was for archers, then stort out a proper re-balancing of all the classes.

As for my views of archers balance, well I would vote for lower arrow/bow damage in return for better head shot damage over all these other soul destroying nerfs.
At least that way melee would maybe then say fair play to that archer, it was a bloody good shot.

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #48 on: March 15, 2013, 01:26:57 pm »
+3
Archers oneshotting people in mail, outrunning melees, swinging faster than melees and kill them in 3 - 4 hits while having no counter but simultaniously countering cav ? Are you sure we are talking about the same game here ?

While I agree that Lemmy doesn't seem to be up to date concerning a few changes (e.g. the running speed), he is right about the real counter. It's like cavalry: you have someone who is more or less untouchable for you as long as he is focusing you (shielder for archers, pikeman for cav), but you have no one who - once focused you - brings you in trouble (as the shield and the armour often slow down the shielder as much as the arrows slow down the archer). At least not for the majority of the round. Of course you are in trouble when the enemy survivors of the infantry clash in the middle start cleaning the map, especially with the mobility nerf. But I mean a class which naturally is really effective against archer, without having good chances of being killed by the archer himself. That's why I exclude cavalry from that list. Yes, you die most often to them, but they also die most often to you.

I think in this case the upkeep is the problem, because it basically killed the class of heavy or even plated cavalry. With heavy cavalry (and a few proper soak stats for armour and horse) archers would have a counter again. This change would also need a few other changes, and so on. I just want to point out that my biggest problems I have with cRPG are not some item stats or skill mechanics (although some of them are horrible indeed, e.g. that the 18str archer is more or less the standard build, and that other builds with less or especially with more str are not that optimal), the biggest problem are two things: the battle game mode, which favours some classes and discriminates against some others, and the absolutely fucked up and useless upkeep system, which only rudimentally accomplishes its job on restricting items, so that the viabilities of items had to be varied, resulting in a reduction of variety.

Unless these points don't get fixed, cRPG will never be without constant complaints and lobbying of different, unfortunately not small groups.
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline BarBeQ

• Count
  • Renown: 172
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 15, 2013, 02:01:02 pm »
Yeah Lets destroy diversity even more, so that we only have shielders and archers !!!

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 15, 2013, 02:33:45 pm »
Yeah Lets destroy diversity even more, so that we only have shielders and archers !!!

Are you referring to my post?  :? :?:

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
« Reply #51 on: March 15, 2013, 03:47:06 pm »
+1
Well I have to say that...for once...there are some very nice and well-thought out expressions in this thread.  I like to hear from other people in regards to how they approach the issue of "balance" and what they perceive to the factors of balance.

I should also say that I have a 2h alt, level 27, and I do not think the class is OP.  I even have a MW Danish.  It's an awesome weapon, and a really fun class...but unless you are a really great player you aren't going to wtfpwn just because of the weapon you use or where you put your wpf.

Offline BarBeQ

• Count
  • Renown: 172
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 15, 2013, 04:57:02 pm »
Are you referring to my post?  :? :?:

No, im referring to Robert

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 15, 2013, 05:35:41 pm »
Good.  :D