Poll

Shield or Athletics?

Shield
Athletics

Author Topic: Need some advices  (Read 424 times)

Offline the real god emperor

• King
  • Renown: 1630
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Et tu, Brute?
    • View Profile
    • Click for gifts
  • Faction: Rome
  • Game nicks: Captain_Sweden
Need some advices
« on: March 10, 2013, 05:40:10 pm »
I am a 2h cavalry.And imo i am pretty good at it, but ranged could be a problem most of the time, when i am nearly backstabbing them, they turn around and shoot me, pretty annoying. And my build is not complete yet, so i can put some skills on shield or athletics to fight on ground. What do you think guys? should i have a shield with my morningstar?

Offline Bifi

• Count
  • Renown: 211
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Bifi, Mr_Turtle
  • IRC nick: Bifi
Re: Need some advices
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2013, 06:37:53 pm »
+1
A shield on your back won't help you that much.
If you think about using your morningstar with shield, you gonna have a problem since it takes 1h wpf if you use it with a shield.
Of course you can always swap out your shield, but that's a kinda bad solution for your archer problem.

I think you would be better off, if you invest in athletics and carry around a 0 skill shield.
[16:30] <@cmp> real programmers don't make webpages
Quote from: cmpxchg8b
- fixed Jesus bug

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2013, 07:54:08 pm »
Can you post your build and current level kratos? That changes things I think. Also what equipment you mostly prefer is also important. You indeed might need a shield if you are riding a plated charger with 5 riding, but 8 riding with an arabian might be sufficient to dodge arrows if you see what I mean :P
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline the real god emperor

• King
  • Renown: 1630
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Et tu, Brute?
    • View Profile
    • Click for gifts
  • Faction: Rome
  • Game nicks: Captain_Sweden
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2013, 08:06:40 pm »
Level 25 16/18 will be 21/18 at the end. 6 riding 5 wm 5 ps 0 athletics atm, got 2 skill points to use. only 2h wpf, having a might morningstar my own, and a champ destrier from the armoury, so horse might change.

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2013, 08:22:21 pm »
Hmm how about making a 18/18 character with more ironflesh and more athletics. I personally use 18/18 as a cavalry (1h) and do enough damage. Since you are using a 2hander, the damage should be fine. Besides I think you are really going to need some ironflesh as a 2hander. And twohander cav can also be a very good fighter on foot (with the athletics). I don't think weapon master is that useful on horseback by the way, so you will get the best benefit when you're on foot I think.
All in all yuou would be a better judge of what you need though.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D