Author Topic: Stuttering Isssue. (FPS is fine though.)  (Read 15035 times)

Offline juv95hrn

• Baron
  • Renown: 149
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Stuttering Isssue. (FPS is fine though.)
« Reply #75 on: November 14, 2013, 10:37:52 pm »
I don't suppose you've updated your graphics drivers recently? I've had some similar experiences with certain versions of both AMD and NVIDIA drivers, although most of the problems I've had were with native.

Actually I have and the beta Nvidia drivers might very well be the explanation. I really get the impression that upgrading your gfx drivers more often cause problems than do anything good. I think I will try to reroll to an older version and see what happens.

I updated to the Nvidia 331.65 beta drivers and the rubber banding is still there at the minimum settings on all categories.

What's annoying I still seem to be swinging right through other players and die witout ever seeing the enemy make a swing even in vanilla. Maybe my PC just can't handle this game at all.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 11:19:30 pm by juv95hrn »

Offline Revernd_Gorice

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 30, 2013, 04:30:53 pm »
Same here
annyone mentioned the game version?
Me once updated normal mount &blade to 1.58 and with the quick launcher CRPG seems to use it asswell!   does it?
I had no version 1.43 on my pc and crpg mod folder was in the 1.58 module folder.
Tried to downgrade version to 1.43 and report hhere...

Offline Patoson

• Marshall
  • Renown: 784
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 14, 2014, 03:36:38 pm »
My NVIDIA card died and I bought a better one (and cheaper!) from AMD. With VSync OFF and fps limited to 58, I get "microstuttering" (fps are max but it feels "laggy") - when I never did with NVIDIA. With VSync ON, I don't get stuttering anymore, but I get (mouse) input lag, and limiting fps to 58 with Afterburner doesn't fix it. I have also tried with "bInputLagOptimization=false" to no avail.

From this thread we come to the conclusion that VSync fixes the rubberbanding on horseback that some people experience, so I guess VSync is the way to go if you're one of those people.

My question is: is there a way to fix the input lag with VSync?
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 03:40:25 pm by Patoson »

Offline Soulreaver

• Count
  • Renown: 241
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
« Reply #78 on: February 14, 2014, 04:19:00 pm »
when you run wse2, you can set max frame rate also, is there is a chance there was a conflict between 2 programs?
try to use wse2 fps limitation only...

Offline Patoson

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 14, 2014, 04:45:48 pm »
+1
You can't use the game's fps limiter if VSync is on...

Offline Dede

• Count
  • Renown: 161
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 14, 2014, 06:56:18 pm »
@Patosan
I read somewhere that the AMD "CCC.exe" and "MOM.exe" can couse inreased DPC latency. "Kill" those processes in the taskmanager, and see if it helps with the "microstuttering".
If you bought a new graphics card, you should also delete "rgl_config.txt" in the "\users\username\My Documents\Mount&Blade Warband
"  folder. Next time you start the game, it will generate a new one.

Offline Patoson

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 14, 2014, 07:14:29 pm »
+1
Yeah, I already deleted rgl_config.txt and crpg_beta_config.ini, rebooted then launched both native and then wse2 crpg to create new ones.

I already tried stopping and disabling AMD Utility Extension service, which some claim is the continuation of the old ATI Hotkey service, which should fix stuttering when disabled, but that didn't work.

Alright, I've shut down those two processes, and, after 15 minutes, it seems better, but it doesn't fix it completely. Mouse doesn't lag, but the image stutters a bit, when fps only drop a few decimals below 58. But with VSync on, image is smooth, but mouse lags. That's why I guess fixing mouse lag would be ideal.

Edit: with 120 fps max, everything's as fluid as with VSync. I don't understand why at 58 it stutters with AMD and not with NVIDIA :(
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 01:05:07 pm by Patoson »

Offline Dede

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 15, 2014, 07:55:55 pm »
+1
I don't understand why at 58 it stutters with AMD and not with NVIDIA :(

I dont think that this has something to do with AMD in general. I have a nvidia gtx680 and had stuttering,lag and hitbox issues on my highend Asus gaming-motherboard(Intel Sockel 1155). Than I installed the same nvidia gtx680 into an old intel Motherboard (Intel Sockel 775), and now I have far less lag.

Maybe you can try to deactivate CPU power saving features in Bios. Disabling "HPET" in Bios can also help with stuttering on some hardware.

I have played this game on many Pc's and all I can say is, its picky when it comes to harware.
There is always some randomness involved when the game tries to synchronise between players:
http://forum.melee.org/crpg-client-beta/which-timer-is-used-in-the-mb-wse2-engine/msg942680/#msg942680

Offline Patoson

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 15, 2014, 08:39:33 pm »
+1
I have OC'd my CPU to 3.5 GHz recently and disabled the power-saving features, but I still get stuttering at 58 fps, so, for me, that doesn't change anything. I just have to play at 120 fps to avoid the stuttering. My GPU can handle it, but it gets a lot hotter.

Again, it would be great to have VSync + fps limiter, or VSync with input lag fixed.

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #84 on: February 15, 2014, 08:49:45 pm »
+1
That's how vsync works, it's not a bug or something that can be fixed.

Offline Dede

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 15, 2014, 10:23:33 pm »
+1
Some hardware-drivers may also cause high DPC Latency which can lead to stuttering in games.
You can check your DPC latency with this little  tool:
http://www.thesycon.de/deu/latency_check.shtml (does not support win8)

Alternatively there is LatencyMon:
http://www.resplendence.com/latencymon

Offline Patoson

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 18, 2014, 04:01:18 pm »
+1
I got it to work much better this time: I set Vsync on via RadeonPro, reduced the texture LOD and, since Vsync is not on in-game, I limited fps to 59, and the result is fluid (most of the time) image with no input lag. Thanks for the help and I hope this works for others if they have the same issue.

Offline Gimest

• Baron
  • Renown: 101
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pantheon
  • Game nicks: Gimest_DeGyrst
  • IRC nick: Gimest
« Reply #87 on: March 01, 2014, 10:14:46 am »
+1
Been having samekinda problems as is explained in this thread, and tried some of the things here. Normally i have set 120 max fps w/o vsync, when i turned max fps to 59, my game started to look like that Bronk's video all the time, just unplayable. Then i tried 90, it seemed allmost like with 120, but when i turned vsync on it seemed to fix that odd movement style characters had most of the time, and it seems like the animations are alot better now. So with my machine vsync seems to work out most of my problems.

Well, the movement and animations are better now, but first time ever i got this odd "stuttering" that normally comes with horse, when i was foot, tho it was after i was dehorsed, and it last until round end. But still it feels alot better overall with vsync then it was w/o it, but ive only played couple hours with it.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 11:32:53 am by Gimest »

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • Renown: 1268
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remnant_Dexxtaa
« Reply #88 on: March 06, 2014, 05:55:32 am »
+1
Been having samekinda problems as is explained in this thread, and tried some of the things here. Normally i have set 120 max fps w/o vsync, when i turned max fps to 59, my game started to look like that Bronk's video all the time, just unplayable. Then i tried 90, it seemed allmost like with 120, but when i turned vsync on it seemed to fix that odd movement style characters had most of the time, and it seems like the animations are alot better now. So with my machine vsync seems to work out most of my problems.

Well, the movement and animations are better now, but first time ever i got this odd "stuttering" that normally comes with horse, when i was foot, tho it was after i was dehorsed, and it last until round end. But still it feels alot better overall with vsync then it was w/o it, but ive only played couple hours with it.

Just read your post and I gave it a go. There used to be a very slight stutter when moving my character as well as spectating others, and turning VSync on actually seems to have worked!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Soldier_of_God

• Count
  • Renown: 159
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Sir_Tristan, Archerfaggotry, Sir_Edward
« Reply #89 on: March 07, 2014, 09:08:33 pm »
Yeah, i have to frame limit on my computer, otherwise it skips frames if the frames dip under the set amount (45). this only happens in CRPG, every other mount and blade warband mod works.