Author Topic: Stuttering Isssue. (FPS is fine though.)  (Read 14958 times)

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
Re: Stuttering Isssue. (FPS is fine though.)
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2013, 07:55:05 pm »
yes reduce input lag is checked, is that a bad thing?

No, it just means that it's bugged. I'll see what I can do.

Offline brockssn

• Baron
  • Renown: 133
  • Infamy: 182
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2013, 04:24:33 pm »
find anything? D8

Offline Templar_Ratigan

• Count
  • Renown: 183
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2013, 09:56:47 am »
I remember getting this for a looooong time before WSE2 and being told I was making it up.  :lol:
He reached for his pants and grabbed the cheese, missing the bees whose honey he needs.

Offline Siper

• Noble
  • Renown: 18
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2013, 11:16:24 pm »
Ok, so my GPU was at 71degrees celcius and my CPU at 70 degrees celcius during the fights with minimal load.

First one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AnSNLjnkGw&feature=youtu.be
In this first one you will see me knock a guy off a horse then chase him. While chasing him I will rubberband and fall through the ground. Just note, I did not jump at all during that chase that was just sync issues. This one shows sync / rubberbanding / some skating / falling through the ground / jump stutters

Second: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBbHLvN3syY&feature=youtu.be
The second one shows a sync issue while back peddling from the attackers, I just hop about 5 ft back in 1 frame

Third: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smFTtRigmEU&feature=youtu.be
The third shows a lot of fence jumping which you can see is painful with the glitches and also a major out of sync issue at 2:01.

Hey after the last patch I'm having the exact same issue, my character freezes but keeps doing the walking animation, and I teleport to where I would have been if I did not freeze. I had this issue in both battle server and duel server. Turning off wse2 seems to have fixed the problem (issue might still be there but wse2 might react different). Anyway I hope this is fixed soon, I really love wse2!

comp specs:
amd phenom x4 3.4ghz
gtx 560 ti
8gigs ram
windows 7

Offline Kaoklai

• Tournament Champion
  • Earl
  • Renown: 400
  • Infamy: 285
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Free Huey
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2013, 02:19:48 am »
Chiming in to say that I also have this (Applesauce's) problem with WSE2.  Basically on my end it looks like frames are randomly skipping.  Someone will be 5 feet away with a cocked swing and then suddenly 3 feet away with the swing at the end of its arc, with nothing in between.  On video I think it would be fairly subtle, but while playing the effect is quite jarring. 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2013, 02:30:43 am »
I remember getting this for a looooong time before WSE2 and being told I was making it up.  :lol:

No one told you that you were making it up Andy, we just told you to get more RAM :D

Where you at anyway?

Also can you guys see what effect Loading Textures on Demand does for you? also when you start crpg, go to your processes and make crpg high priority, and if you use multicores try limiting crpg to one core if on several, vice versa. I like information :D

EDIT: also can anyone who believes they have a bad case of this try checking their processes AS THIS IS HAPPENING and see how much memory their crpg is using? Thanks. Just to satisfy my curiosity of course.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 02:33:53 am by BlindGuy »
I don't know enough

Offline En_Dotter

• Earl
  • Renown: 330
  • Infamy: 97
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy Clan
  • Game nicks: Main: Qunicy_En_Dotter; Alts: Guardian_En_Dotter; Guardian_Spiralle
« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2013, 03:01:53 am »
OK, i had the same problem and i solved it. I dont guarantee that it will work for anyone else.

I use WSE 2 and in the graphics options i had to reduce max FPS below 60. I use 59FPS and i dont have stutter at all.

Nothing is better than eternal happiness.
Eating a sandwich is better than nothing.
Therefore, eating a sandwich is better than eternal happiness.

Offline brockssn

• Baron
  • Renown: 133
  • Infamy: 182
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2013, 02:04:47 pm »
OK, i had the same problem and i solved it. I dont guarantee that it will work for anyone else.

I use WSE 2 and in the graphics options i had to reduce max FPS below 60. I use 59FPS and i dont have stutter at all.

I use 30 already and have the issue. unchecking the Framerate checkbox (2nd from bottom under graphics) seemed to make it playable fo rme

Offline musketer

• Count
  • Renown: 213
  • Infamy: 120
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2013, 12:45:21 pm »
In my case I solved the issue disabeling Instancing and Vertical Synch in graphics options and setting the framerate to 59.

Offline Gristle

• Duke
  • Renown: 560
  • Infamy: 130
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BRD
  • Game nicks: Gristle_BRD
« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2013, 02:02:24 pm »
I've been having this issue. It doesn't happen immediately. It starts to resemble a slideshow after 10-30 minutes of gameplay. From my observation, it's only other player models that are affected. Map animations (like water) are normal. My own animations are normal. Everyone else seems to skip around. It happens in the middle of strategus battles too, so I can't blame it on map changes. I did notice my FPS (max 120) would drop significantly when it started happening.

I tried lowering or turning off a bunch of performance settings that were suggested in this and other threads.

Textures on Demand off
Auto-Exposure off
Depth Effects off
Instancing off
Max frames set to 59

With those adjustments, I found myself warping around. When I asked on teamspeak, I was told I seemed to be playing normally. My ping was fine. My FPS was fine. I was just warping around on my end for some reason.

Offline musketer

• Count
  • Renown: 213
  • Infamy: 120
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2013, 04:09:11 pm »
The issue came back again for me, the problem is that after some time playing the game starts skipping framerates and it is really annoying playing with this issue because it cannot be played the mod with the skipping of framerates. It doesnt drop framerate, it just skips framerates...

Offline bensai

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 630
  • Infamy: 72
  • cRPG Player
  • Bᴏxɪɴɢ Cʜᴀᴍᴘ #ᴄRPG
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Frisia
  • Game nicks: assington
« Reply #41 on: June 21, 2013, 08:02:10 pm »
I get this exact same issue, my FPS is around 50/60 or so but I get a seeeeeriously bad stutter, the FPS never drops, but when people swing a weapon or raise a shield it is as stuttering as you could imagine. You can barely see the full swing just a few stages of it, but my walking animation is fine.

Offline RAFle_fourbe

• Baron
  • Renown: 138
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: OdE_Rafouin_de_Pardaillan
« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2013, 01:16:17 pm »
Since 2 days I have periodic bugged animations (it's not all the time, it lasts like 1 or 2hours and after that the game works well again, but in this periods it's completely unplayable) 
all the caracters in the game seems to be "dancing"  :lol: when they walk their legs does strange and speed movements in all directions and the hitting animations are very laggy, I almost don't see them.

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2013, 05:08:39 am »
So I hadn't played in about a week, right after the patch I noticed it had issues but had things going on IRL. Tried again tonight and this is pretty bad since the last patch, and I have a beast of a machine. Stuttering and what seems like lag responses from the server. i.e. you ride past someone, then 1.5-2 secs and 25 feet later you get hit by the person you just rode by.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline owens

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 389
  • cRPG Player
  • PK_BALLA
    • View Profile
    • Our Website
  • Faction: Persian Kittens
  • Game nicks: PK's nice guy
  • IRC nick: PK world tour pm to donate
« Reply #44 on: July 12, 2013, 08:03:55 am »
I advise not using WSE2 the game is smoother and easier without it. Changing to window mode before you alt-tab solves all of the crashing errors that non-WSE2 normally experiences.

If you want it to look nicer I would consider cinematic mod.
PK is back

PK is a collection of elites from throughout modern and ancient history. Giants of Calradia individually, as a group these gods of combat shatter all expectations and ascend to a higher plain of victory that only a few have seen before.