Author Topic: Strategus rules  (Read 19685 times)

Offline Haboe

• King
  • Renown: 1090
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Born with a shield on my back. Difficult birth.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Haboe
Strategus rules
« on: January 20, 2013, 05:08:55 pm »
+28
The rules for strategus have been confirmed.

When you read the rules, you have to keep Meow's common sense rulen in the back of your mind at all times.

Use of siege equipment:

1) Ladders
                    1.1) Floating ladders. You are not allowed to stay on floating ladders. If for some reason your ladder becomes floating, you are to get off it, even if it means suicide.
                    1.2) Ladderplacement. For now there are no rules on unrealistic ladders, so they are allowed. (as long as you keep the other rules in mind)
                    1.3) Siege-equipment on ladders is not allowed. This includes using siege shields, other ladders and everything you can make with a construction-site.
                    1.4) Ladders in open battles (anti cav) are allowed as long as the ladder is legit according to rule 1.2.
                    1.5) Cavalry is allowed to use ladders.
          2) Forward spawn
                    2.1) Spawning at enemy forward spawn is allowed. This means you are allowed to set your spawn at any forward spawn on the map, no matter who build it.
          3) Siege towers
                    3.1) Using ladders from siegetowers is allowed.
                              3.1.1 Using siege equipment that are the result of a moved siegetower is not allowed.
                    3.2) Using siege shields on siegetowers is allowed
          4) Covering flags
                    4.1) covering flags with any equipment is not allowed. This includes ladders, siege shields, construction sites and anything you can produce with a construction site.

Battle/ siege
          1) Prolonging a battle
                    1.1) End battle, common sense rule. Feel free to troll around when the battle is over, but don't extend it too long, crpg no delaying rules applies here.
                    1.2) If the attacker is out of siege equipment, and no longer has any way of getting into the castle or town, he has to retreat ("getting into the castle" means getting in the defender spawn zone. If defenders are in a place that cannot be reached from their spawns without siege equipment, they will have to come down).
          2) Spawnraping
                    2.1) Spawnraping the enemy is allowed. It's your teams responsibility to defend your flags, if you lose controle over an area you might get spawnkilled.

Strat map
          1) CMP's rules for not attacking your village to delay your enemy
          2) Multiaccounting. It is not allowed to own and use multiple more then 1 account on strategus.
          3) Accountsharing. It is not allowed to log into other players accounts.
          4) Night time. Night time is different for each player, therefore there are no rules to the usage of nighttime.
          5) Itembombing a fief. Dropping a lot of items in an enemy fief is not allowed. It causes incredibly long equipment lists for the fief.

« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 09:36:30 pm by Nashringa »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Meow

• Awesome Consulting Detective
  • King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 150
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
Re: Strategus rules
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2013, 05:12:24 pm »
+2
For the time being these will be the strat rules everyone has to stick to, they might be changed if necessary.
Feel free to discuss them further and give your own input.

Offline Blackzilla

• Earl
  • Renown: 451
  • Infamy: 108
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FIDLGB(strat/crpg),Dracul(Friends)
  • Game nicks: Blackzilla_FIDLGB, Helios The Shiny
  • IRC nick: Blackzilla
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2013, 08:32:53 pm »
The rules for strategus have been confirmed.

When you read the rules, you have to keep Meow's common sense rulen in the back of your mind at all times.

Use of siege equipment:

1) Ladders
                    1.3) Siege-equipment on ladders is not allowed. This includes using siege shields and everything you can make with a construction-site.

Is it still allowed to throw ladders from siege equip you made? Like a siege tower, or throw a ladder that lands on a healing tent/foward spawn. I understand nothing on a ladder, but I'm curious to know if we can put ladders on siege equip.

Offline Haboe

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2013, 08:58:38 pm »
Is it still allowed to throw ladders from siege equip you made? Like a siege tower, or throw a ladder that lands on a healing tent/foward spawn. I understand nothing on a ladder, but I'm curious to know if we can put ladders on siege equip.

3) Siege towers
                    3.1) Using ladders from siegetowers is allowed.

So yes, using ladders from and to siege equipment is allowed.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2013, 06:31:43 pm »
1.5) Cavalry is allowed to use ladders.

Oh snap!  Now I don't have to try and be covert when I ride up to the castle with a ladder!   :twisted:

Also battle/siege rules 1.1 and 1.2

I'm assuming if you're out of tickets as attackers, and then run out of siege equipment, that is fine to keep pulling things out of weapon racks until the enemy comes and kills you?  I think that should be allowed, I don't see it as delaying at that point unless you're actively running away from the enemy.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Canary

• Marshall
  • Renown: 826
  • Infamy: 202
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2013, 06:00:40 am »
+2

Oh snap!  Now I don't have to try and be covert when I ride up to the castle with a ladder!   :twisted:

I believe that rule refers to cavalry being able to ride up ladders on their horse, not being able to carry them in their hands while on horseback. Ladders have the tag "cannot be used on horseback" for a reason, and therefore I would say doing so is an exploit.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 06:04:33 am by Canary »

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2013, 06:38:36 pm »
Well I wouldn't be throwing them on horseback, aka "using" them /sarcasm.

If I misinterpreted the rules (and it is as you say) then I completely was cheating in the occitan vs new rindyar castle...as I was riding back and forth from the battle dropping off ladders for the front lines (kept resupplying at the weapons rack).  We got wrecked in that battle anyways, but if it wasn't for all the ladders i was bringing it would have been even worse.

I'll refrain from doing that in the future as your explanation would make more sense than what I interpreted as...but it would be nice to have it clarified for sure...

And my apologies for cheating, that was never my intention (I honestly thought the rule was changed).
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Haboe

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2013, 06:40:26 pm »
I believe that rule refers to cavalry being able to ride up ladders on their horse, not being able to carry them in their hands while on horseback. Ladders have the tag "cannot be used on horseback" for a reason, and therefore I would say doing so is an exploit.

This.

They can use them, not place them if game mechanics don't allow it :)

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2013, 06:54:27 pm »
This.

They can use them, not place them if game mechanics don't allow it :)

That still didn't clarify...you can "use" them from horseback as in you can have them sheathed, but can't pull them out.  Same with shields or weapons that are not useable from horseback, you can still ride a horse with them, they become sheathed and you can't pull them out til you get off the horse.

I'm going to stick with it's illegal to have items that are designated "not useable on horseback" on your body while you are on horseback...unless someone tells me otherwise.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2013, 07:43:10 pm »
+1
Perhaps a clarification on that rule? He does make a point in terms of Not usuable on horseback and not actually using them for quite a few items. Round sheild, awlpike, greatswords to name a few.

Offline Bjarky

• Earl
  • Renown: 352
  • Infamy: 31
  • U got gold? I bring tea, silk, hemp, camels +more!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Leadership member)
  • Game nicks: Guard_BD_Bjarky, Guard_the_Lederhosen
  • IRC nick: bjarky
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2013, 09:15:27 pm »
+1
he is referring to riding up on ladders or transport them, placing ladders from horseback simply doesn't work anyway, same goes for other items.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2013, 09:35:26 pm »
+1
Crazy and I are referring to THIS:

And stating that though they have that TAG you can stil mount and dismount with them like a round sheild just they get sheathed and should be fine(?)

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2013, 10:18:40 pm »
Feel like I'm beating a dead horse, but yes, what Anders said.  You can still ride a horse with a ladder in your inventory, same with certain round shields that are "not useable from horseback" (like the Huscarl) you can still get a on a horse with them, it just doesn't allow you to pull them out until you get off the horse.

So can you ride horses with ladders in your inventory?  Always thought it was illegal, but would that also make it illegal to be on a horse with any weapon or shield that's "not useable from horseback"?
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Haboe

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2013, 12:12:33 am »
Just to be clear, crpg rules also count for strategus. Exploiting holes in the game is not allowed (think pikes from horseback (yes its possible in a way))

I have no seperate rule for using ladders from horseback, but it its blocked by game mechanics, i think it is called exploiting when you do so anyway.

Ill ask one of the devs for this just to be sure, i aint got no power to make new rules on the spot (well i can, but it wouldn't be an official rule like the rest)

Offline Bjarky

• Earl
  • Renown: 352
  • Infamy: 31
  • U got gold? I bring tea, silk, hemp, camels +more!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Leadership member)
  • Game nicks: Guard_BD_Bjarky, Guard_the_Lederhosen
  • IRC nick: bjarky
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2013, 01:18:28 am »
+1
yes i think its only the pike that sometimes gliches and become spawnable&usable on horseback for some reason, wich is a bannable offence if u abuse it.
the rest though should be fine to spawn with, since they dont work on horseback, so your merely transporting them, there is no rule against that.