Author Topic: Cyberpunk 2077 (Ones who made Witcher series)  (Read 18661 times)

Offline Ninja_Khorin

• King
  • Renown: 1067
  • Infamy: 90
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Zen
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Clan Ninja
  • Game nicks: Khorin/Keyoke/Lujan
  • IRC nick: Khorin
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 (Ones who made Witcher series)
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2013, 10:56:25 pm »
+1

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2013, 11:20:45 pm »
+1
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Berserkadin

• Duke
  • Renown: 592
  • Infamy: 145
    • View Profile
  • Faction: -
  • Game nicks: Krewl_The_Urist_Fox
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2013, 07:22:16 pm »
skyrim may not have brilliant combat but its spectacular compared to witcher/dragon age which are basically auto attack rubbish.
I guess you played Dragon Age on easy difficulty?

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2013, 07:42:39 pm »
Yeah Dragon Age Origins was fing hard even on normal. Required a lot of tactical play to kill a dragon. Main parts weren't so bad.

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2013, 11:03:11 pm »
I hope they don't pussy out just because its a game, and they have proper cyberpunk themes. Drugs, dystopia, anti-heroes etc. The guys who did the Witcher can possibly pull it off, I especially liked how they handled morality (it was often morally ambiguous, it didn't necessarily have "good" and "bad" ways to do quests). I didn't especially like the gameplay though, and I ended up not getting that far into Witcher 1
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline bilwit

• Agent provocateur
  • Count
  • Renown: 275
  • Infamy: 181
  • The toast is anarchy!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Billy_Whitmore, Andre_Whitmore, Gideon_Stargrave
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2013, 10:33:40 am »
+1
Not too thrilled about the concept or styles shown by the trailer -- futuristic/cyber-punk/counter-culture is pretty cool but the main emphasis on this game is on implants and stuff which is pretty unbelievable IMO (gauges, piercings and tattoos are one thing but getting a whole limb replaced.. noway in hell do I see it evolving into that in the future). That said, I have mad respect for CD Projekt Red as not only put out one of the best RPGs ever in Witcher 2, but they showed incredible class by freely letting/encouraging people do whatever they want with their content in terms of mods and porting their stuff to other games.

I don't see why people here are so down on Witcher 2 and are comparing it to Skyrim and Dragon Age Origins because in my mind Witcher 2 completely blows any of those out of the water. The only great thing about Skyrim is its scope and how it's open world but in a lot of ways it limits it where more linear games like Witcher 2 or Dragon Age Origins are able to tell a richer and more immersive story. I also loved the gritty and more mature take Witcher 2 had on the high fantasy genre where the other two were really cheesy and generic in their approach. The tactical aspect of Dragon Age Origins (setting up your team using the birds eye thing and all the pre-combat conditionals) as well as how personal they were able to make the story with the character development and interactions stand on their own though.

Most of us are currently living off relatives, friends, parttime-jobs or savings, to be able to work as much and cheaply as possible.

Offline Ninja_Khorin

• King
  • Renown: 1067
  • Infamy: 90
  • Zen
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Clan Ninja
  • Game nicks: Khorin/Keyoke/Lujan
  • IRC nick: Khorin
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2013, 11:19:31 am »
+2
Not too thrilled about the concept or styles shown by the trailer -- futuristic/cyber-punk/counter-culture is pretty cool but the main emphasis on this game is on implants and stuff which is pretty unbelievable IMO (gauges, piercings and tattoos are one thing but getting a whole limb replaced.. noway in hell do I see it evolving into that in the future).

Let's see. Do I want a superbrain that can crunch numbers or do any data related stuff 50 times faster than I would normally be able to? Hmm.. Yes, I think I do. Would look good on a resume. Whether it's a device connected to my brain, or literally attached to my brain or replaced my brain I don't really care.

I have no problem seeing implants become reality in the future. It'll start with giving disabled people limbs, and end with improving limbs on healthy people. And after that it's not such a long step to replace healthy limbs with augments. Whether it's by biological enhancements or mechanical, I can't say. The day implants for disabled are better than normal hands, I can easily see some people considering doing it if it's legal. The only downside with mechanical stuff is maintenance.

There's already been some controversy regarding if paralympic runners should be allowed in to Olympics, because they may have an unfair advantage over non-disabled runners.

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2013, 03:59:57 pm »
mass effect is tactical/squad based but that game managed to have a decent combat system. I actually used to be a pretty huge bioware fan (at least pre EA), but DA was one of the worst rpg's ive ever played, definitely did not make it past 1 hours worth. i still cannot understand why i'm the only one who seems to hate it, the gameplay was really bad and the story was so cliche it could have been a parody.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 04:05:38 pm by Banok »

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2013, 04:42:01 pm »
You should give Dragon Age a proper chance. 1 hour is nothing. If you like Baldur's Gate type games its worth a play through. Its got character development, non-linear completion of quests (well you choose the order you complete stuff, or which quests to do), lots of dialogue, player choice with quests, the combat is semi tactical. I played as a dwarf so maybe my initial story was better than what you did. I went into DA expecting nothing but was pleasantly surprised. I expected another modern RPG without the RPG elements but its pretty oldschool really.

DA2 I never played, just heard all the negative stuff and that was enough to put me off

About this cyberpunk game.. I saw that they said people shouldn't expect anything until 2015 in the earliest so I will now try to forget all about it until then :D. I don't get hyped for games anymore
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2013, 05:40:12 pm »
Mass Effect was essentially a third person shooter, at least with my play style I found nothing tactical about it. Dragon Age tactics were pretty much the same as any party-based ARPG, keep the mage in back, tank in the front and a bit of variation in roles but it boiled down to focus firing with a few positional skills.

Skyrim looks nice and was absorbing until I realized aside from the need to think even less about builds and strategies it followed the same formula as all the other games but while being even less creative and more recyclable.
And how!

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2014, 08:23:50 am »
Wats happening so far?

Offline Dalhi

• Earl
  • Renown: 415
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dalhi
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2014, 09:19:17 am »
Wats happening so far?

Nothing new announced yet, my guess is that there won't be much to read/watch about Cberpunk 2077 before The Witcher 3 release.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2014, 10:07:57 am »
I like the font they used to write cyberpunk.

That is all.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2014, 10:41:33 am »
Wats happening so far?
They've said they're focusing on TW3 first.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2014, 10:46:52 am »
Gawd knows we have had enough of medieval/fantasy games. Give us this now :l