Author Topic: Wrongful ban of Evyls needs review  (Read 1041 times)

Offline commander_x13

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Wrongful ban of Evyls needs review
« on: January 07, 2013, 02:09:15 am »
      Ok first off i understand that the game admins have full power and right to ban a player for any reason they see fit, but here is my problem. I get home on sunday after weekend PT to see that someone has recorded me fighting in cRPG from my prospective without my permission and posted it on youtube claiming hacks or cheats for the world to see. Not only does that irritate me, after i see the video i learn that he was banned. I know Evyls personally and during the whole fight or even the whole time we play cRPG rather we are on teamspeak together. I know for a legitimate fact that he was not or ever has used this autoblocker program. Then when i read the appeal and i see all the accusations and so called proof that all of these random people are throwing out and don't even know whats going on all because someone recorded my fight with him and just "knows" he has to be using autoblocker. I have already spoken to the admins in game and have their support for the case. On top of it all i find that your conduct as an cRPG admin and jumping to conclusions because he was being "Cocky" highly unprofessional. He was being cocky because he knows he was not cheating, yet somehow you decided to just ban him anyway when the proof of it was not proof at all.  Maybe you should start looking at all the players who run around with no armor and never seem to get hit. Banning players like that just lowers the playerbase and keeps the people who actually like the game from getting to play for no good reason at all. I honestly like the game and have high hopes for the mod, i wish nothing but the best for the devs because of the great job doing what they did to put this mod together. BUT if you going to ban Evyls for using autoblocker like that then you might as well ban me and everyone else that plays this mod because the cheat detection and method for banning is obviously flawed. I hope this matter can be resolved, the one thing i want to to when i get home is relax and play good games with my good friends. I would hate to tell everyone i know that plays this to move on to something else because of this, we really like the way the mod lets us customize and fight together but its the little things like this that are going to ruin this for me and everyone else.            ~Semper Fi~ Commander Xavier 

Offline Blackzilla

• Earl
  • Renown: 451
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FIDLGB(strat/crpg),Dracul(Friends)
  • Game nicks: Blackzilla_FIDLGB, Helios The Shiny
  • IRC nick: Blackzilla
Re: Wrongful ban of Evyls needs review
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2013, 02:57:56 am »

(click to show/hide)
[/spoiler]

Quote from: CMP
You are so cocky that I decided to make an exception and check the detection results.
Permabanned for being a lying autoblocking fuck, don't even bother posting in the unban thread.

A dev said that, and they have a way of checking for autoblock.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Vieuxcrotter

• Knight
  • Renown: 47
  • Infamy: 118
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2013, 04:01:22 am »
Vac and punkbuster (supported by i dunno how many millions dollars) for years been trying to develop and program a software that catch cheaters and yet it fail so miserably. And someone is telling me that chad and is modder crew found the holy grail to prevent hacking? If its true you guys have the golden key to become the best software engineers in the world and become richer then bill gates.

Offline no_rules_just_play

• King
  • Renown: 1401
  • Infamy: 384
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE; Peasants United; Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: CapraAegagrusHircus_HRE; no_rules_just_play_HRE
  • IRC nick: norulesjustplay
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2013, 04:16:05 am »
Vac and punkbuster (supported by i dunno how many millions dollars) for years been trying to develop and program a software that catch cheaters and yet it fail so miserably. And someone is telling me that chad and is modder crew found the holy grail to prevent hacking? If its true you guys have the golden key to become the best software engineers in the world and become richer then bill gates.
just check the unban requests for autoblocking. the list is huge. every software might always look over something for some reason. but the data is stored and the admins can still check it.
maybe he has to say something like: 'i was using steam at that moment and the autoblocker wrongly detected it for a hack'
that would be total bullshit, there is no way to explain why a bot detected something coming from YOUR computer thats known as a autoblock, he might maybe have used it for some hours, but he lied and one thing is sure: the admins here are not really helpfull for lying bitches.
i might watch out with what you say, because you might also get checked

Offline Voso

• Earl
  • Renown: 330
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The So-so.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Huey's Cavalieres
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2013, 04:22:42 am »

This is a different game with a completely unique hack. Who is to say it isn't just extremely easy to detect?

The results and blanket bans of admitted autoblockers would suggest this is the case.

There are old sellswords and bold sellswords, but there are no old, bold sellswords.

Offline Vieuxcrotter

• Knight
  • Renown: 47
  • Infamy: 118
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2013, 04:44:15 am »
LOl check me, please do. If you flag me as a hacker that will just prove how the system is flawed. I have been gaming competitively since 1998 and never i used any hack or cheats i have been against it all my life, but i know for a fact that all anti cheat software been unable to catch cheaters and i find it very curious how chad and is crew is able to program a software that would detect a hack by either scanning the person pc running some hacked .exe in his process or by scanning the whole drive wich would be illegal, or by programming a software that calculate the block ratio.

If the modder crew of crpg is able to do so please talk to punkbuster and vac to save competitive pc gaming.

Offline In Cauda Venenum

• Count
  • Renown: 210
  • Infamy: 21
  • not actually gay
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: Saturn_of_Chaos
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2013, 04:56:49 am »
LOl check me, please do. If you flag me as a hacker that will just prove how the system is flawed. I have been gaming competitively since 1998 and never i used any hack or cheats i have been against it all my life, but i know for a fact that all anti cheat software been unable to catch cheaters and i find it very curious how chad and is crew is able to program a software that would detect a hack by either scanning the person pc running some hacked .exe in his process or by scanning the whole drive wich would be illegal, or by programming a software that calculate the block ratio.

If the modder crew of crpg is able to do so please talk to punkbuster and vac to save competitive pc gaming.
yeah guys, unless the results match my own shitty opinions then the system is flawed.
i demand a recount of the 2012 election!

Offline no_rules_just_play

• King
  • Renown: 1401
  • Infamy: 384
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE; Peasants United; Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: CapraAegagrusHircus_HRE; no_rules_just_play_HRE
  • IRC nick: norulesjustplay
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2013, 05:03:15 am »

we are not talking about battlefield 3, this is crpg a mod on a game that has been modded a thousand times before.

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2013, 05:29:33 am »
Yes they can check it. Your friend used a known cheat and figured he wouldn't be caught. He was.

Developers handle permabans for cheats/hacks, not the Admins. You are in the wrong forum.

Case closed.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln