Author Topic: Point blank range and dmg  (Read 5446 times)

Offline Herkkutatti666

• Duke
  • Renown: 585
  • Infamy: 285
  • cRPG Player
  • Rips pärs
    • View Profile
Re: Point blank range and dmg
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2013, 11:28:43 am »
Nerf instastab shit
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2013, 11:41:53 am »
Anyway, an arrow hitting at a closer distance than about twice the length of the arrow should do strictly nothing, considering it has not yet reached its cruising speed. This would also really affect gameplay.

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 400
  • Infamy: 502
  • cRPG Player
  • Darksider on redemption
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2013, 07:45:56 pm »
Anyway, an arrow hitting at a closer distance than about twice the length of the arrow should do strictly nothing, considering it has not yet reached its cruising speed. This would also really affect gameplay.

flexing has nothing to do with actual damage, when the arrow hits, thats when the energy is absorbed by target.

as for xbows. damage potential is actually much greater upon release of bolt, as this is the moment when the projectile has most energy.
Tseng: Used to the bitter taste of refusal, this only serves to reinforce his greatest life lession yet.
Cloud: And that is?
Tseng: Bitches, man.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2013, 09:03:36 pm »
flexing has nothing to do with actual damage, when the arrow hits, thats when the energy is absorbed by target.

as for xbows. damage potential is actually much greater upon release of bolt, as this is the moment when the projectile has most energy.

Maybe read what I said first next time. When the arrow or bolt is halfway released, it should not do as much damage, and preferably none. Try to shoot at something less than the length of your arrow away from the point you grab your bow.

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 400
  • Infamy: 502
  • cRPG Player
  • Darksider on redemption
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2013, 09:26:04 pm »
Maybe read what I said first next time. When the arrow or bolt is halfway released, it should not do as much damage, and preferably none. Try to shoot at something less than the length of your arrow away from the point you grab your bow.

you still umbue the projectile with the energy of your draw, even if at point blank, you still launch a pointy projectile with considerable force.
Tseng: Used to the bitter taste of refusal, this only serves to reinforce his greatest life lession yet.
Cloud: And that is?
Tseng: Bitches, man.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2013, 09:55:41 pm »
The bow-string does need to finish imparting the entire energy transfer into the projectile though, hence the "minimum distance" he is talking about. Otherwise if the arrow strikes you two feet from the front of the bow while it is still being released from the string (and still touching it) then you are not going to suffer the same kinetic transfer.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.