Author Topic: My ice character  (Read 4285 times)

Offline Andy

• Count
  • Renown: 274
  • Infamy: 253
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Snow_King
My ice character
« on: December 16, 2012, 09:26:47 pm »
In guild wars 2, I am trying to make a character centered around ice/cold, mainly for solo PvE. However, there are some problems I have run into. The first chioce, obviously, is what profession to pick. Do I choose an elementalist who has the whole water attunment with icy spells, or do I pick a class who can use the legendary axe of ice, Frostfang? (If only elementalists could use axes. *sigh*)
I decided to go elementalist. (I even got a cool little glacial eye, a little ice-cube looking thing that goes on your forhead) Then comes my next major problem. Of all the different builds of all the different professions, Water elementalist is probably the least build for solo PvE. Water is mostly about supporting other characters, and I do hardly any damage. Thank goodness I discoved the ice bow (formerly frost bow) conjour weapon with some amazing icy DPS skills, so I was very happy when I found that.
My most recent experience has been my increadible joy with the wintersday event, mostly, the new crafting material, Snowflakes. They are perfect! Almost all types of gear can be crafted with them, from jewelry to weapons. You may not see me on the cRPG servers for a few days as I will be farming the wintersday events.

I'll try to keep this thread updated as I make new additions to my ice character Snow King Andy. (And the jerk who took the name Snow King better hope that he never meets me in a dark alley)

Feel free to post comments/suggestions if you have them.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Miley

• Duke
  • Renown: 604
  • Infamy: 327
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: My ice character
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2012, 07:52:39 pm »
Wait you can actually make your own build on Guild Wars 2?

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
Re: My ice character
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2012, 02:12:51 pm »
Hardly.
Elementalist can only have one weapon in a fight (apart from picking up others such as the frost bow), and they can choose and change their element between 4, and there's just those 70 points to put in your "customized" build. But apart from that, it's all the same.

Still gives a little margin for customization ; though some people just focus on the looks. My new armor has good stats but is fugly as hell...  :|

My ranger : Leyla Everfrost. Icy pets, axe of ice with chill ability and the icy color for clothes. Norn cultural armor is okay with it.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;